Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any way to turn off alien abductions?

My main Sim, fortunately a woman, has now been abducted 3 times. I'm rather tired of it as it interferes with her getting things done (such as working on her aspirations.) Is there any way to turn it off? (And I'm not adverse to using a mod to do it, but I haven't found one of those either!)

I'm not a fan of "supernatural" things like aliens or vampires. I'm very glad that for TS4 they made it a separate download so I don't have to have vampires. And I liked it in TS3 that they made it so that you could turn off the ones you didn't like (but still have the interesting clothing and objects that come with such packs.)

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I usually just click to cancel the "investigate strange light" whenever I don't want a sim to be swooshed away. Especially when I don't want a specific vampire to have yet another glitchy hybrid child.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    You could lock the doors (or put furniture in front of them) between 9 pm and 4 am. That way, your Sim won't be able to walk outside to investigate the light. I don't think it's possible to cancel the action unless you have MCCC.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    Unless modded, the abduction can't be canceled, targeted sims will stop whatever they're doing to investigate the weird light. But you can stop it by disallow your targeted sim to go outside! Just lock all the doors which lead to outside! Click the door then choose the lock for everyone, your sim will be safe from abduction. And remember to unlock them or sims can't enter or leave the house.
    There is an hidden bar which determines the chance of abduction. I found out the "search for the truth" will strongly enhance the chance. I've read some feedback on the abduction, players had replied that having higher logic skill, using rocket, owning space rock or alien item form space, travel to the alien home...anything related to alien will fill the abduction bar. And it seems that interacting with aliens, including disguised ones, will encourage sims to be abducted as well. That's why doctors and scientists tend to be abducted more often, because they more or less will meet some aliens at work. So if you don't want to be abducted, just don't do such things to trigger it.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    If you're not opposed to cheating, with testingcheats enabled (press Ctrl Shift C) to open cheat window), shift-click the Sim and chose Reset from the menu. This will usually work even if you can't cancel out the Investigate Strange Light interaction. You have to catch them before they start rising, I think, tho.

MC Control Center Mod (MCCC) has an Occult Settings Module, in which you can change the frequency or turn off Abductions. It is a large mod with a lot of functions, including story mode features. You have to turn everything on, tho, so even if you just use it for just this particular thing, it won't do anything else. All MCCC Settings are at Default (Game) options until you change them, and quite often Restart. It is found on Deaderpool's MCCC site, and needs updates with Game Patches, usually, as most script mods do. Script Mods must be enabled in TS4 Game Settings, as well.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    You can get the satellite dish from buydebug (or make it if your sim is is scientist) and set it to ward off alien abductions, though I think this doesn’t completely stop them.

MCCC enables you to adjust the likelihood of abduction to a very low probability and I believe it also has a way of preventing abduction altogether (but if I remember correctly, this way requires the sattellite dish).

Otherwise, you can reset your sim before they are taken (as sometimes cancelling ‘investigate strange light’ doesn’t work) or go into build mode and out again. Those those both stop the action.

Locking doors also works, as has been mentioned.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    I made a small mod to disable alien abductions for private use a while ago as I don't use CC. As it disables the interaction completely, it does not need to be updated. I've just uploaded it for you: http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_noalienabduction.rar
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I made a small mod to disable alien abductions for private use a while ago as I don't use CC. As it disables the interaction completely, it does not need to be updated. I've just uploaded it for you: http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_noalienabduction.rar

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I was looking for! Hopefully my Scientist (who also likes to go in the rocket ship) will no longer get abducted!

While I have the MCCC mod saved "for possible use" (from the first time I played TS4), I don't like it as well as the one I used to have that's similar for TS3. And it has to be updated each time there is a new patch, which is problematic.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Unless modded, the abduction can't be canceled, targeted sims will stop whatever they're doing to investigate the weird light. But you can stop it by disallow your targeted sim to go outside! Just lock all the doors which lead to outside! Click the door then choose the lock for everyone, your sim will be safe from abduction. And remember to unlock them or sims can't enter or leave the house.
    There is an hidden bar which determines the chance of abduction. I found out the "search for the truth" will strongly enhance the chance. I've read some feedback on the abduction, players had replied that having higher logic skill, using rocket, owning space rock or alien item form space, travel to the alien home...anything related to alien will fill the abduction bar. And it seems that interacting with aliens, including disguised ones, will encourage sims to be abducted as well. That's why doctors and scientists tend to be abducted more often, because they more or less will meet some aliens at work. So if you don't want to be abducted, just don't do such things to trigger it.

Yes. Yes, you can. I've done it. You pause the game when the sim is heading to investigate the lights and then use the cheat code to reset sim(and their name)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    And of course, there is the in game options of the satellite and setting it to ward off abductions.
    fullspiral wrote: »

Yes. Yes, you can. I've done it. You pause the game when the sim is heading to investigate the lights and then use the cheat code to reset sim(and their name)

I've tried that a couple of times and haven't gotten it to work. Resetsim {name} works for a lot of things but at least for me it didn't work at all.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    use the cheat code to reset sim

I can't believe I forget the easiest one: use reset cheat!
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I wish I could encounter abductions a lot more. It has ever only happened once during my entire time of playing...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Vic2Point0Vic2Point0 Posts: 16 New Member
    Forgive the necro, but someone recently helped me set this up in a very ideal way and I wanted to share.
    See this link for instructions on how to completely prevent alien abductions (and visits, if you like) permanently: https://www.nraas.net/community/post79825#p79825
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It actually quite hard to get abducted in the sims 4 I wish it happened more often, your sims have to show interest in aliens and theres a hidden abduction meter that can take ages too fill, if your sim doesn't show interest they wont get abducted
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    edited January 2021
    Nikkih wrote: »
    It actually quite hard to get abducted in the sims 4 I wish it happened more often, your sims have to show interest in aliens and theres a hidden abduction meter that can take ages too fill, if your sim doesn't show interest they wont get abducted

That is because- there were complaints like the one that started this and so the programers made it harder to get abducted.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Tell me about it. I have to have my male sim be a Scientist with a Satilight Dish & Alien Portal to contact Aliens just so he can finally be abducted to have his Alien babies.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Tell me about it. I have to have my male sim be a Scientist with a Satilight Dish & Alien Portal to contact Aliens just so he can finally be abducted to have his Alien babies.

I am thankful that all the times my male scientist Sim got abducted, he never did get pregnant. I hated that they got pregnant. Lack of consent doesn't belong in *my* game!
    KatAnubis wrote: »

I am thankful that all the times my male scientist Sim got abducted, he never did get pregnant. I hated that they got pregnant. Lack of consent doesn't belong in *my* game!

Although I understand where your coming from, I personally wish men got pregnant more often and understand us women pain 🤣🤣, it gives me great delight that men get preggers by aliens *evil laugh*
  • bluehydrengaebluehydrengae Posts: 29 Member
    i've been playing sims since forever and never got abducted by aliens :( maybe i should stop starting a new game everytime and stick to a family

Although I understand where your coming from, I personally wish men got pregnant more often and understand us women pain 🤣🤣, it gives me great delight that men get preggers by aliens *evil laugh*

I would be perfectly fine with men getting pregnant in the game. My *only* objection is lack of consent when it comes to the alien pregnancy. I do not believe that a T for Teen game think it's ok for someone to essentially be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and get pregnant.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I would be perfectly fine with men getting pregnant in the game. My *only* objection is lack of consent when it comes to the alien pregnancy. I do not believe that a T for Teen game think it's ok for someone to essentially be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and get pregnant.

This is pushing the boat out too far. How do you know there’s no consent? I bet those pollination technicians can be very very charming. Perhaps the men who come back pregnant are the only ones who do consent, since it doesn’t happen very often, even if they’re abducted frequently.
    edited January 2021

I would be perfectly fine with men getting pregnant in the game. My *only* objection is lack of consent when it comes to the alien pregnancy. I do not believe that a T for Teen game think it's ok for someone to essentially be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and get pregnant.

This is pushing the boat out too far. How do you know there’s no consent? I bet those pollination technicians can be very very charming. Perhaps the men who come back pregnant are the only ones who do consent, since it doesn’t happen very often, even if they’re abducted frequently.
    I think @Pamtastic72 has made a good point, I think your overthinking it a little bit, although I do understand what you mean but the developers wouldn't put that in the game @KatAnubis
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    My main Sim, fortunately a woman, has now been abducted 3 times. I'm rather tired of it as it interferes with her getting things done (such as working on her aspirations.) Is there any way to turn it off? (And I'm not adverse to using a mod to do it, but I haven't found one of those either!)

I'm not a fan of "supernatural" things like aliens or vampires. I'm very glad that for TS4 they made it a separate download so I don't have to have vampires. And I liked it in TS3 that they made it so that you could turn off the ones you didn't like (but still have the interesting clothing and objects that come with such packs.)

Install MCCC (Mc Command Center) you have the option to decide what ages can be abducted, how frequent abductions are etc. I tend to be amused with alien abductions and find it entertaining when a sim ends up pregnant in my games because of it. I keep it on a higher setting than the default setting. I like high or alien invasion level of alien abductions. You can adjust it to your comfort level.

MCCC will also allow you to keep vampires from invading your home too and delete anyone you don't want with ease (or kill them depending on your mood.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I would like to know if there is a mod, that's not a script mod, that will completly turn off alien abductions. I would like to get Get to Work, but I really don't want alien abductions ruining the game for me. I would like to be able to do whatever I want, including having aliens in my house, and not have to worry about abductions.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @sallycutecat Can’t think on any non-script mods, but MCCC’s Occult module lets you control the frequency of alien abductions, including disabling them completely.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4