Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Me Make a Cult

Hello!

I want to try the Cult or Commune Challenge, since my Amazon Challenge save is getting pretty boring and I want something new that fills that sort desire I have to create sims with strong religious/social beliefs in a strange society. Plus, I thought this would be a good way to play with the Off the Grid lot trait from Island Living.

I would like some ideas for what my cultists can believe, ideally within the lore of the Sims. I was thinking possibly something to do with llamas or gnomes. Also, what sort of things I should have them to do really drive home that this is a cult and not just a bunch of sims living on a commune. I'm planning on utilizing the club system to the best of my ability. Also, what world? I was thinking Strangerville would be pretty good.

Comments

• Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    How about this: they believe free will is nonexistent. They believe all of their personalities and ambitions are determined by some external force. They believe there are a Chosen People who are blessed by the Creator and everyone else is destined to be knocked around by stochasticity. They dress as gnomes and hide in the basement to pique the interest of the Creator and become one of the Chosen People.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    Hah! I love that. I actually had completely forgotten about The Watcher religion from Sims Medieval so maybe it's like a modern, culty version of that.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Here's an idea:

Sim people, who dress in bathing suits for all outfits including cold weather, worship llamas, and do lots of fire dancing. Now that I think about it, I kind of want to try this...
    funny-gifs20.gif