July 1st- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
The Sims 4: High School Years EP launches July 28th! Click here to find out more!

Realm of Magic SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,839 Member
    I was thinking isn’t Aine one of our simmer’s name? Not sure exactly how it’s pronounced but at the same time it’s very pretty. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Your parents' spellcasting abilities (and THEIR magic lineage) will factor into a Bloodline trait passed to their children. This trait will provide an advantage to spellcasters (and there are various levels of strength to it).

    We'll certainly explain deeper in our upcoming livestream.

    Oooooh, so those with a strong magical lineage will have an advantage over newbies and "mudbloods?" This will be fantastic for immersion.

    EDIT: Aah nevermind, late.

    my harry potter save is getting better and better...
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    We didn't see any kids in the trailer, but do we have any info about whether we'll get at least some "magical" CAS assets for kids, like we had with Vampires?
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    We didn't see any kids in the trailer, but do we have any info about whether we'll get at least some "magical" CAS assets for kids, like we had with Vampires?

    Assets? Well there is a magical bloodline but if you mean clothing with a magic theme for kids I'm not sure. You can only become a mage at Teen and up life stages but can have a traitthat makes your offspring mages when they reach Teen. The Gurus have vaguely hinted at something kids can do with this pack
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Assets? Well there is a magical bloodline but if you mean clothing with a magic theme for kids I'm not sure. You can only become a mage at Teen and up life stages but can have a traitthat makes your offspring mages when they reach Teen. The Gurus have vaguely hinted at something kids can do with this pack
    Yes, I meant clothes/hairstyles.
    Kids can't become vampires either, but we had those pointy ears/skintones available + some hairstyles and themed clothing for kids with the Vampire pack.
    I wonder if there will be something like that with RoM.

  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @Morkovka Well you got two choices.

    Look at the pack's content list on the10th or watch the live stream live and see if they answer that question. (LS is on the 6th)
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    He is really into those Glimmer gifs frankly I want Realm gifs not the 'muggle city'
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,483 Member
    Possible but this isn't really a thread for discussing things :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 5,610 Member
    I hope the kids will be able to have at least a few new clothing & hairstyles from Realm of Magic.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Becoming a Spellcaster (if you aren't already one):


    "Brooms like boats or like bats?" asked @Armilus616 on Twitter:

    Forgive my ignorance, but what does the broom working like bats mean? I haven't played much with Vampires and I'm very curious about how brooms are going to work
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

    Forgive my ignorance, but what does the broom working like bats mean? I haven't played much with Vampires and I'm very curious about how brooms are going to work

    Translation you may have "Always travel via broom' as a faster way to move.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,279 Member
    Becoming a Spellcaster (if you aren't already one):


    "Brooms like boats or like bats?" asked @Armilus616 on Twitter:

    Forgive my ignorance, but what does the broom working like bats mean? I haven't played much with Vampires and I'm very curious about how brooms are going to work

    It just means that the broom and your sim would probably go up, disappear, then appear to your sim’s destination (just like how the bat works in vampires). This is honestly kinda disappointing for me but it’s TS4 soooo...
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @Keyenpeydee i fear this as well.
    y'all got bread?
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,135 Member
    I’d like to know if Spellcasters will be able to have pointed ears like all other main occults. That way we can create “elves” and “faeries” with magical powers.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    i think it is a big mistake that they removed the ability to have a second form from spellcasters since it is already in the game with other occults. have to wait for a mod that allows it if we want to play a spellcaster that hides his special look in the non magical world (yet they hide their magic automatically).
    i dont know why the devs got the idea players cant handle freedom of choice and need to be told how to play every pack by placing random limitations even when the feature is already finished and just needs to be toggled on.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,483 Member
    Nelus wrote: »
    i think it is a big mistake that they removed the ability to have a second form from spellcasters since it is already in the game with other occults. have to wait for a mod that allows it if we want to play a spellcaster that hides his special look in the non magical world (yet they hide their magic automatically).
    i dont know why the devs got the idea players cant handle freedom of choice and need to be told how to play every pack by placing random limitations even when the feature is already finished and just needs to be toggled on.

    I totally get and agree with your point about choice - even if I must admit that I'm glad they don't have a dark form. Because I find it very annoying to do sometimes, even with the copy/paste function. But I agree that it would have been nice for those who did want it.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    There is... Like... 100% no earthly reason to give mages a 'magic' form. They are magic by default of being the LS! @SimTrippy @Nelus
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 5,787 Member
    edited August 2019
    kind of happy there is no second form

    i sort of could have used it though for creepy grandma pretends to be beautiful woman cliche

    but my vampires having to transform everytime they do something vampire related already annoy me to the ends of earth
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    kind of happy there is no second form

    i sort of could have used it though for creepy grandma pretends to be beautiful woman cliche

    but my vampires having to transform everytime they do something vampire related already annoy me to the ends of earth

    I make em reveal Dark Form for the heck of it.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top