Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Out) Emergency Patch Out Now Sep 17th

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm hoping the 5 year anniversary update will be cars.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Unless they plan on updating the personalities and traits of the Sims themselves, I don't care honestly. For those who continue playing the game I'm hoping you get a lot of bug fixes though.
    September Patch is most likely coming September 5th.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Spiral stairs! I've been waiting for those for four years. LOL I also hope we get at least a small update for the whims. I am soooo tired of the same ones popping up every five minutes. Who needs a bee box or a 1x1 pool on Sulani? How many times must we make a gourmet meal for our pets? There needs to be more trait-based whims, please. More romance and special interactions for our coupled Sims. Since the fifth anniversary of Sims4 is close, it's time for the whim and romance systems to be updated. And, as always, more bug fixes along with the island counters that have been MIA since IL was released. It's been two months since IL's release and we still don't have the matching counters. :/
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Anyone else see Iron seagulls video on youtube? He had a tweet from a simguru confirming NO spiral stairs in game pack or pre update. Literally dying over here from disappointment 😭
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I'm not too concerned about the update. Just please, please, please let RoM work at launch. I just want some glitch-free DLC.
    Anyone else see Iron seagulls video on youtube? He had a tweet from a simguru confirming NO spiral stairs in game pack or pre update. Literally dying over here from disappointment 😭

Yep.

SimGuruNinja confirms Spiral Stairs aren't coming with an Update or in the Gamepack.
  • SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    I was really hoping for spiral stairs and based on the stair hint from earlier really thought we would finally get them ;__; so sad.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Yep.

SimGuruNinja confirms Spiral Stairs aren't coming with an Update or in the Gamepack.

Okay, so no spiral stairs... but after boats and broomsticks, perhaps cars will come in the October patch?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I would like:

Bug fixes
    A way to cut down on townie generation
    A way to turn off occults in specific saves
    A way to turn off situational outfits per save
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Spiral stairs! I've been waiting for those for four years. LOL I also hope we get at least a small update for the whims. I am soooo tired of the same ones popping up every five minutes. Who needs a bee box or a 1x1 pool on Sulani? How many times must we make a gourmet meal for our pets? There needs to be more trait-based whims, please. More romance and special interactions for our coupled Sims. Since the fifth anniversary of Sims4 is close, it's time for the whim and romance systems to be updated. And, as always, more bug fixes along with the island counters that have been MIA since IL was released. It's been two months since IL's release and we still don't have the matching counters. :/

I agree wholeheartedly about the whims. If you don't mind a small tuning mod, Bienchen has a 'whimoverhaul' mod that gets rid of a lot of those annoying repetitive ones and adds in quite a few new ones related to age groups, seasons and she has even added some Island Living-related ones (as none were added). You can find it here: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
    Scroll down a bit.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @loubyloulou I've had my eye on that mod for a couple of weeks and have been thinking about adding it to my mods folder. I guess since the teams can't be bothered with doing something about the whim system we have no choice but to continue using mods. Which doesn't strike me as being very fair since just about every patch, update and pack likes to break our mods then we end up waiting for those much-needed mods to be updated. But at least these mod creators understand our needs and do their best to update as quickly as possible. Which is why I have been donating to some of these modders so they know how much we appreciate their hard work. I think i will just add that whim mod to my game and hope it doesn't get borked by the September patch. I was quite surprised the teams didn't add any Island Living based whims because beach activities were added and totally overlooked. But if I have to see that 'buy a bee box' whim or that 'buy a 1x1 pool' whim much more I am going to lose my mind. LOL What really ticks me off is the fact mod creators are able to fine tune the game but the teams won't. Plus, we can rely on these wonderful modders to update their mods within hours or days of a new release, but we end up waiting for a month or better for the teams to fix anything! I wasn't going to bother buying Realm Of Magic because I'm not an occult player. But they added a new world and now I am rethinking my plan not to update my game until after the new year. The new world of Glimmerbrook in ROM is just too pretty to ignore so I know I will probably cave and buy the pack after seeing if the update breaks any of my mods. I won't install anything new until the mods I use are updated, though. After the June 18th update I had a real mess on my hands for over three weeks. Thanks for the info. It's always good to know who is using certain mods, and feel safe in recommending ones that make the game better. :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I seee a lot of spiral stairs talk here and there. Why is nobody talking about actual L shaped stairs or wait.. Build your own type of stairs! We could directly get split levels of any kind so we could get super creative with new stair types.
    Hoping the September Patch will add more pool items.
    Hoping this patch will fix the tripod freeze. Once it freezes you have to restart your pc.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Hoping this patch will fix the tripod freeze. Once it freezes you have to restart your pc.

Yes! It got to the point where I'd save my game before every time I went to take a photo.
    Patch will most likely be dropping Thursday Sep 5th Next Week. I hope it has a lot of bug fixes. Can't wait to see the island counters. Also I'm wondering if those stained windows in Realm Of Magic are exclusive to that pack or thier coming to the base game in the patch.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Patch will most likely be dropping Thursday Sep 5th Next Week. I hope it has a lot of bug fixes. Can't wait to see the island counters. Also I'm wondering if those stained windows in Realm Of Magic are exclusive to that pack or thier coming to the base game in the patch.

I'm ready for the Island Living counters just so people will stop complaining.

I hope the stained glass is exclusive to Realm of Magic, personally.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I have a feeling the windows are part of RoM. The pack seems to have an Art Nouveau style to it, as well as a little punky edge. I like both. I am hoping the windows have an option that will work in non-magical builds as well as the shape is beautiful and we could do with some nice designs in both coloured and clear glass.
    Now confirmed we have new content coming to this patch from the 5th anniversary.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I could be a dreamer and think that as it is the 5th anniversary we would get cars or a new personality system.

But it'll probably be some new CAS/BB items and bug fixes.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

I prefer not to create too much hyper for this update, I would love cars and new systems, but sincerely hope they fix the thousands of bugs currently in the game. Besides hearing that in the stream of day 3 we will also have information about the sims freeplay, so it kinda breaks the idea of ​​some major update?
    Yep I'd love to see the tripod freeze,ui bug and broken lighthouse woohoo fixed. I'd also like to see some issues in Sulani fixed.