Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know if there's a cheat and/or mod that allows us to age up non-played Sims?

LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
I know this is probably a long shot, but I'm just curious... I know The Sims 2 offers a way to age up NPC Sims your Sim personally knows once they age up, but that, unfortunately, doesn't apply to Sims who are actually accessible from the neighborhood. It's only for legitimate NPCs...

So, is there a mod/cheat that allows us to age up Sims from other physical households?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    It's been awhile but if I remember right there's a cheat but it involves adding the npc to the household than un-adding them but it can mess with the game so fair warning.

open cheat box
    boolprop testingcheats true
    shift click the npc and select add to household
    shift click npc once in household and select age up (you might need to select tombstone of life and death(which will spawn a tombstone which you'll need to shift click to get the selections) to find age up)

when done shift click the npc sim and select remove from household

I don't know if it's possible to do without the sim in the household but that's how i remember doing it.
  • Options
    simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    edited August 2019
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    It's been awhile but if I remember right there's a cheat but it involves adding the npc to the household than un-adding them but it can mess with the game so fair warning.

open cheat box
    boolprop testingcheats true
    shift click the npc and select add to household
    shift click npc once in household and select age up (you might need to select tombstone of life and death(which will spawn a tombstone which you'll need to shift click to get the selections) to find age up)

when done shift click the npc sim and select remove from household

I don't know if it's possible to do without the sim in the household but that's how i remember doing it.

I believe you have to do the boolprop cheat in the neighborhood window before entering the household. And the cheat is "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" without quotation marks. You shift click on whoever you want to age up and click "make selectable" and once done aging them up you can "make unselectable". (Or you can do the Tombstone of L&D like the above post) To age them you can click "set to birthday" and have them go to a birthday cake and age up or you can use the cheat "agesimscheat on" again without quotes and click the sim and choose whatever age you want, up or down I believe.

Just DO NOT add the grim reaper to your game using this. It can corrupt your game.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I recommend the heirloom cake from simlogical. It is a birthday cake you buy in buy mode and light. Then you can bring someone to the cake or tell your sim to blow out the candles. If the sim is an elder, they will die of old age. It's one of the few things I had that I got from a site other than MTS, but it was recommended on that site.
    simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If you need to find a Sim to bring to your house so you can try to age them up, you can use the L&D to bring any Sim to the house. Then use another object like the cake like lisamwitt mentioned to age them up. You don't necessarily have to add Sims to a household to do things in TS2.

SnootySims did list all the cheats except those directly related to objects. But this link may help you in the future, if the link doesn't work click it a few times since it's being moved to the wayback machine (I hope) and may have to click a few times to get it to show up.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080125215301/http://www.snootysims.com/cheatsindex.php?id=cheats
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.