Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play sims 3?!? (as well as sims 4)?!

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    I've probably played sims 3 a total of less than 30 hours. I have 8 hours clocked on origin. I've bought the base twice.. once when it came out and then later with a starter pack (3 pack) after Sims 4 came out to give it a go again. I just can't do it despite trying... it's the outlier of the sims games for me and holds absolutely no appeal to me when I try to play. I played and loved the first two games, but I don't load them up anymore.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No
    No. I can't. Even though I miss World Adventures and never completed all the tombs. I never liked 3 that much except for that.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    As much as I remember loving the Sims 3 while it was out, I can't justify going back by how many times it glitched out, lagged, and crashed on me. TS4 has pretty much run like a dream since I've had it - though the price I pay is lower quality gameplay.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    another answer?
    I would if it was not so laggy. I got Pets and then my computer couldn’t handle it any more, so I had to uninstall it until I get a different computer ☹️
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Yes
    Yep as TS3 is my all-time fave, but I enjoy TS4 as well and its what I mainly play these days.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    another answer?
    I would if it would work on my computer :<
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No
    I quit S3 when S4 was announced. Every patch meant waiting for Awesomemod or NRAAS to be updated because the routing errors made the game crash, I hated the pudding faces and I'd just lost interest in it. (Of course, I didn't play S4 for three years because no toddlers. I had to find other things to do.)

But really, what killed S3 for me is that we more or less had everything. It's not a linear game in which you can unlock new opportunities as your skill improves. After a while, I've tried everything and start to fall into a rut until the next pack drops.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    No
    I've not gone back to sims 3 yet but I think I definately will if the new Realm of Magic pack is a big let down like Island Living was and some other packs.
    It seems that EA are just giving us badly rehashed old packs with not half of the game play or items. So I might be returning to playing sims 3 soon.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    No
    I've been wanting to but the loading time is killing me .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    If I had the option to pick The Sims 2, that would have been my choice.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    No
    I installed TS3 a few days ago to see if I'd still love it as much as I did before TS4 was released. Maybe I'd understand why people think it's better than TS4...

I did not :#
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    another answer?
    I can't, I had to start over and it wouldn't load anymore.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    No
    The only reason I don't play with Sims 3 is because my computer can't handle it. If it was not for that reason I would be playing both Sims 3 and Sims 4.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    another answer?
    I would like to still play it sometimes, but it’s just a buggy mess on my PC. I do occasionally play TS2 or medieval when I need a break from 4.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited August 2019
    Every once in a while I will play for a few hours and then abandon it again. I only ever play the pre-mades though because CAS is awful and I lose interest so quickly that it doesn't make sense to invest the time in a new Sim.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    I went directly from 1 to 4. I adore 4, but I heard so much about 3, and it was on sale for $5, so I tried 3. It didn't grab me at all. It couldn't keep my interest for some reason, and I really disliked watching the little car drive everywhere. It felt more like a board game to me. So even though I own 3, I'll probably never play it again. I can't bring myself to uninstall it though, just in case I change my mind...
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I really miss Sims 3 it was WAY better then Sims 4 I know that most people would not WHAT to admit it bit is is. I mean for what we get in Sims 4 is was really much better it was well thought out and the ideas were very creative, but it is old and not up to date as far as the graphics goes. I wish that EA would spend more time making the next Sims more like Sims 3 it was the Golden Age of Sims 3 as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    I generally rotate between each game. When I get bored of one, I just go play another... including Sims 2 (which I'm currently playing right now).

I'm mostly waiting for 'Realm Of Magic' and whichever expansion pack we're going to get at the end of 2019. In the meantime, I've just been building on Sims 4, while actually playing Sims 2 as well. I'm thinking of possibly doing a play through on Sims 3 soon too.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    another answer?
    I’ve considered playing other versions of the sims, but the graphics look bad (to me) in sims 3. It just makes me not want try it. And it’s not just that the sims look bad, I don’t enjoy how the builds look either.

We do have Sims Busting Out on the original Xbox. I haven’t played it through yet, but my boyfriend did and it looked so much fun. So I will be playing that sometime in the future. So maybe that’ll change my mind about trying sims 3.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    I Still play Sims 3 as there are many features that Sims 4 lacks, so I get my fix from playing 3. I would play Sims 2 as well but I have an problem with the black box as the sims walk and I may one day fix it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    I love them both and I will always play both. I've spent too much money on either to not enjoy them in some way. I couldn't imagine not playing or getting bored with either. I also have a decent computer to play both so I'm lucky to be able to run them. Now a possible TS5 is another story.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    No
    I’m not patient enough to install ts3 on this computer.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sometimes
    I go back to it now and again, but most of the time I stick to Sims 4.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    I really want to revisit TS3, but my main save world is grayed out, along with a couple of others and I don't know how to get them back, sadly. Also, I've gotten so used to TS4's much simpler way of downloading mods/cc that I've forgotten TS3's way of doing it. I'd play both if I could.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    another answer?
    I tried going back to play sims 3 but for some reason I don’t like it anymore. Sims 3 bores me whenever I play it and I never thought I would have that feeling as I loved it so much and when I started playing sims 4 I missed open world and certain gameplay aspects now I’ve realised I don’t miss it. Sims 3 now feels like how sim 1 did when I started playing sims 3 it’s nice and nostalgic but I don’t miss it (I never played sims 2).