Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have any Magical plans for your existing Sims?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I'm going to continue my legacy and have my latest heir become a spellcaster. My current heir is a vampire/alien so it will be interesting! I'm hoping her first female child will become a spellcaster.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    If I knew this pack was out before I made my main a vampire...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Okay, finally got a screenshot of Voodoo Mambo Ayida and Papa Legba. I can't wait until the pack comes out so I can make her magical!

xOHdP9t.png
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about a whole World of Darkness thing with vampires vs mages. They don't like each other, but they can't go to full blown war. The vampires have to maintain the masquerade and the mages don't want their secrets out in the open. It's like the Sharks and the Jets but with blood potency and arete.

You're singing my song! I love WoD, I ran Masquerade for some years. Got the new 5th edition books that started coming out last year. I've made some Vampire clans in Sims 4 but it's still a work in progress. (Always a work in progress, haha.)

Everybody, you all have some awesome stories and pics! Love seeing/reading about your future Spellcasters! <3

I used to do Masquerade LARPing! 😊

More on topic, I have a character who just aged up from wild teenage years, during which she became a vampire and a mermaid the same day, then removed the vampirism a couple of days later. I think she'd enjoy learning magic.

I also have an ex-professor who moved to Oasis Springs and became a scientist. I think he would enjoy magic as well.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Wish the other races in WoD were acknowledge
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about a whole World of Darkness thing with vampires vs mages. They don't like each other, but they can't go to full blown war. The vampires have to maintain the masquerade and the mages don't want their secrets out in the open. It's like the Sharks and the Jets but with blood potency and arete.

You're singing my song! I love WoD, I ran Masquerade for some years. Got the new 5th edition books that started coming out last year. I've made some Vampire clans in Sims 4 but it's still a work in progress. (Always a work in progress, haha.)

Everybody, you all have some awesome stories and pics! Love seeing/reading about your future Spellcasters! <3

I used to do Masquerade LARPing! 😊

More on topic, I have a character who just aged up from wild teenage years, during which she became a vampire and a mermaid the same day, then removed the vampirism a couple of days later. I think she'd enjoy learning magic.

I also have an ex-professor who moved to Oasis Springs and became a scientist. I think he would enjoy magic as well.

Masquerade larping! Awesome! I did some of that too! (*cough* Followers of Set *cough*) Good times! I love that there's other White Wolf people around here. 💕

And...oh my goodness, your Sim became a Mermaid and a Vampire in one day? I would imagine that would stress the soul a little. 😄
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I have a favourite family save going back a few months where the mother is an avid gardener and herbalism enthusiast... Perhaps I'll have her stumble across the magical realm whilst searching for the new harvestables. She'd make an excellent witch and potion brewer! :D

Right! My sim has level 10 of gardening/herbalism. But that's because I knew she was going to be a witch when I made her. Just had to wait for it. Hopefully some of the herbalism knowledge and ingredients are integrated here in this pack. I loved how some of the herbal remedies worked in JA. And I think the soothing skin balm helps with sunburns....I think. (not sure and if not, it should! lol)

It does. Most of my sims have some knowledge of herbalism and when my Tina was sunbathing in her birthday suit, she got a horrible sunburn. I tried soothing skin balm and yes, it gets rid of the painful moodlet associated with bad sunburns. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I suddenly got a very bad idea
    I could make save
    where I make vlad into vlademort
    aka voldemorts long lost brother that has a big nose

(blame his dark form for being bald and pale)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I could make save

Omg! Lol, that's great! :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I could make save

This is brilliant!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hmm... cast Bella Goth for Bellatrix?
    who else do we have
    could make death eaters club
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CheiriPixieCheiriPixie Posts: 80 Member
    Instead of creating a wizard / witch. I will try making a superhero with "powers" :D Sim-woman/man
  • Options
    Instead of creating a wizard / witch. I will try making a superhero with "powers" :D Sim-woman/man

Yes! I was thinking of making a version of Dr. Strange. 😃
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Okay, finally got a screenshot of Voodoo Mambo Ayida and Papa Legba. I can't wait until the pack comes out so I can make her magical!

xOHdP9t.png

I was just thinking about how cool it would be to make witch doctors with this pack!
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    well... on top of the long list of potential candidates i had pages ago, a few new things have cropped up for me...

one is one of my currently unhoused sims probably has to become a spellcaster, though i'll first see if she can collect/sell familiar 'eggs' without being one... she's a procurer of esoteric goods and i've been waiting for a good world to build her relic shop in... this pack and its world are absolutely perfect for it, plus they add all kinds of new goodies for her to sell alongside selvadoradan artifacts, 'magical' suits of armor and whatnot

the second is that i'm totally revamping the island in windenberg, basically making it similar to glimmerbrook in being a magic-related neighborhood... moving my plantsims and the elf/fairy household there, going to be putting a few spellcaster families on it too and the 64x64 is likely becoming a giant flying castle i've been looking for a reason to use (i don't expect the cheat-editable lot in the magic realm to be 64x64 but if it is, the castle might go there instead)... i'll just put a second portal to the realm beneath the castle. and move a few guardians of some sort into it, if i don't make it a park or museum or something

also, waiting to hear more details about the three sages... pretty sure we know who one is, aine, the 'dark' sim with green and black hair, though we don't know which path she's the sage of. there's a chance grace anansi (the sim to the left on the official boxart) is a sage too, though i honestly hope she's not... i really hope the anansi family is the 'big' one that lives in glimmerbrook, though with that surname i wouldn't be surprised at all if she's the mischief sage instead
    i'm honestly hoping to not like the mischief sage just so i have an excuse to edit them... i've wanted to make baron samedi as soon as the magic pack was released (ever since we got the right mix of items to make an ok version of him) and he'd be perfect as the mischief sage (also *shakefist at @LiELF * how dare you steal my idea before i formulated it into words with your papa legba there! ...but seriously, great minds and all that)
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just started a new save with three sisters. Back in pre medieval times they were cursed by death when the youngest refused to leave her love and join him and her sisters as his bride. (Very loosely based on pop cultures interpretation of Dracula and his brides).
    Upset he cursed them to be forever separated and hunted. One he made a mermaid, one he made a spell caster and one he made a vampire. The youngests lover convinced he had been betrayed and that these curses were deaths reward to the sisters his heart was hardened and he started a secret society dedicated to irradicating their kind.

Forever immortal they will be seperated by their curses, never know a lasting love or the peace of passing.
    Right now the youngest (the mermaid) is just starting to grow the mermaid population. Her immortal sons will never be able to bear children and her immortal daughters hearts have been made cold so that they might never know love. The eldest is a vampire and she’s just started growing her coven. She will never know the joy of children from her own womb - only the children she creates. The middle sister is a spell caster cursed with immortality and she will spend her years isolated from society watching A’s generation after generation of her children and her children’s children pass away around her. My spell caster is studying herbalism in the interim to the packs release!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have my Sims Daerick and Keagan waiting to be "born again" at the Cathedral and obtain their powers.
    screen_shot_2019_08_23_at_7_51_47_am_by_mphattyboi_ddep45f-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOTc5ZDgzZTItYWJkYS00NGRlLWFjZTItZDk2YzkxZjYwZWI3XC9kZGVwNDVmLWI3ZmFkMGUwLTE3ZDEtNDhlNC04ZDM5LTRlMTAyM2E0OTIzZS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.QHj8Hspr1AcmhFNAdpHWMjXvfzzZgyGbwiZemXr0l-A
    There, I will cheat their powers to where they should be.
    Daerick is Dark Magic and Kaegan is Light Magic, Daerick Has much hatred, for the people who orphaned him and his brother, and now has dark ambitions and lust for revenge, and he will get it but it won't satisfy him. His further ambitions drive him down a darker path until Kaegan gets in his way. A Dagger, Daerick had cursed himself intended for a certain King, with a terrible prophecy. He stabs into his brother. Kaegan is Immortal But this Curse is a fate worse than death and robs him of his happiness, always living in fear of this prophecy. In Hopes of Stopping his fate. Kaegan banishes his brother to another realm. A realm where his own darkness will be his Shackles.

Originally I had Planned Forgotten Hollow as That world... but maybe The Realm of Magic will serve as a greater Prison for Daerick... Oooh... that Lot probably isn't big enough. If the Lot is at least 50x40 the cathedral just might fit. I can make a rundown version of the same cathedral they're standing in and have it be the building where magic was born.

Until He finally falls in love, True love's kiss never broke the curse but it sure did distract him enough to forget the curse he bore. Until They had a Baby, and Kaegan felt the curse transfer from Himself onto his Newborn Daughter. and when Young Julia grows up into a Powerful Sorceress just like her parents, She too will fall in love and have children, Unfortunately It's her second born who get's burdened with the Prophecy finally coming to fruition. Just as His granduncle intended.

I also Have Keagan's future wife, Vivian hanging out in Sylvan Glade, that's where I will cheat her powers also. Right now I have her as a Plant Sim because I wanted her to be a Forest Nymph, Who gets enslaved by the neighboring Kingdom. But now i think i'll change her back into a human and just be a sorceress

and then there's Her majesty Queen Cora, but I think I'll have Daerick grant her The Rite of Accession, later on when the story calls for it.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Seriously, you guys all have some amazing stories and characters going on! <3

@MasonGamer I'm glad you're finally able to make your Sorcerers and continue your story. I know you've been wanting magic for a long while now.

@Kamio Your three sisters idea is so cool! I love the tragedy of it. (I'm a sap for tragedy.)

@kalaksed Who doesn't want a flying castle? That sounds awesome. And I've been wanting to create Baron Samedi myself, as well as a couple of other Loa. I chose Papa Legba first because I saw American Horror Story; Coven and just loved him. Plus, he's important and guards access to the others. I figured Mambo Ayida should get a good relationship with him first before we go bringing all the Loa to wreak havok on humanity. 👹💀 But yes...great minds indeed! 😄
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

@MasonGamer I'm glad you're finally able to make your Sorcerers and continue your story. I know you've been wanting magic for a long while now.

@Kamio Your three sisters idea is so cool! I love the tragedy of it. (I'm a sap for tragedy.)

@kalaksed Who doesn't want a flying castle? That sounds awesome. And I've been wanting to create Baron Samedi myself, as well as a couple of other Loa. I chose Papa Legba first because I saw American Horror Story; Coven and just loved him. Plus, he's important and guards access to the others. I figured Mambo Ayida should get a good relationship with him first before we go bringing all the Loa to wreak havok on humanity. 👹💀 But yes...great minds indeed! 😄

Thanks, I'm trying very hard to warm up to The Realm of Magic. It's as if I'm walking on thin ice. Any bit of news can set me off or Fall to my knees with Happiness.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    My main is going to be my first to explore the area. He's the one I do everything with, so naturally, that includes magic! I also have a fluffy plant which who'll finally be able to <i>be</i> a witch, and will be focusing on alchemy and potion-making.

I've also created a new family just for RoM - the completely human daughter of an alien-human hybrid and a vampire-mermaid hybrid (not actual in-game hybrids, the mother is just a vampire with a Sulani aesthetic and the father is just a human with blue skin), who wants to learn magic just so she'll fit in with the rest of her family!
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Thanks, I'm trying very hard to warm up to The Realm of Magic. It's as if I'm walking on thin ice. Any bit of news can set me off or Fall to my knees with Happiness.

I get what you're saying. It helps to keep in mind that they are trying to please a lot of people by giving certain things to each group, which unfortunately can sometimes result in getting less of something else. It seems to me that they did incorporate some of your requests because they made wand use completely optional and it's possible for a Sim to learn all of the branches and be powerful.

Also, remember that we haven't really learned anything about the spells or curses yet, so that's still to come. I'd say try not to have your expectations for your wish list too high and leave some room for compromise. It's possible that some aspects of the magic system could be flexible enough to work with for your story. We have much more coming up to discover. :)
    #Team Occult