Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Simmers who are bored and not bored, do you play on rotation or one family per save?

13...Next

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I wish there was an option in the poll for "Mixed" instead of just Single Family or Rotational.

I have three active saves in the game (well, 4, but I need to redo one of them from scratch for nitpicky reasons lol) one of which is rotational and the other two are single families. Despite only having a few packs, there's so much I find to do all the time, both in the rotation and in the other two saves. On top of that, I have several build saves because I love challenges and generally building. :)
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I like to focus on one household for awhile and when I am happy with their progress, I move onto another family for awhile. I tend to get invested with the lives of sims that I created, so it is hard for me to let go or get bored as I want to see what they would get up to next; but without a proper story progression, it means I have to play another household in order to them to where I want their lives to go; but that is also part of the fun instead of just letting the game do all the work for you. I only want story progression for the townies I don't play so it feels that they have lives in the game as well.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    Bored quite alot, always play rotational in all sim games I've played. I get way too bored with one family.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bored, Rotational
    I get bored easily so I'm the type of rotational player that switches between families every hour or so.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not bored, Rotation
    I play rotationally, and I can't even imagine how I could ever get bored. There are so many ideas I just don't find time to play.

Edit: It might help that I also pay a lot of attention to the community aspect, wioth a working council, elections, laws and a lot more.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not quite sure how to answer. I play rotational, but I'm not really interesting in playing lately. Not out of boredness, but because maintaining my mods takes too much time, and my game still hasn't recovered from Island Living.

I have some ongoing projects so I can't say I'm bored. But I'm also not playing so who knows.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    The only thing that would stop me playing is an influx of game-breaking bugs.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I play a rotational save with four households in it, but they’re all related to each other.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    Not bored, Rotation
    I used to play with only one household before. I always played generations and then I just choose my favorite household and carried on with them. I didnt know the world of options with the aging buttons and rotation play ideas in games previous from the sims 4.
    Since some months I found out that I could actually have multiple households in one save and stop aging until I came back to my first household again. Its a great solution and it opened up so many possibilities for me. Whenever I want to play with any other household from my generations family, i now can without losing anything.

Since a week, I even started thinking to finish all my worlds with new organized buildings, community lots, clubs and selfmade/gallery household and then even rotate between ALL households in the world if i feel like playing with a million different stories. I would just choose any household and their story to explore features i would not be able to connect to my main household of generations. I think in this way the world will feel more alive then ever cause they all have a moving story going on.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Not bored, Rotation
    If I find a Sim that bores me no matter how I play them - I remove them from my game. Sometimes moving them to a new town - giving them a different job though is all it takes to make them more interesting again.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    If I find a Sim that bores me no matter how I play them - I remove them from my game. Sometimes moving them to a new town - giving them a different job though is all it takes to make them more interesting again.

Or having him divorce his wife! >:)
    Just me? Okay.
  • ClownlingClownling Posts: 18 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    I often play a family for a week straight, get bored, stop playing, make a new family, repeat. It's an awful habit, but maybe if I actually tried to do a challenge or make a story... For some reason, that never occurred to me until recently!
    Clownin' Around
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I started a new save and family for RoM, but mostly, I wanted to play it a bit to decide whether to marry my YA in my legacy save to a spellcaster. (Yes.) I have a rather interesting kid in my RoM save, so I'm going to play her through to YA.

Every once in a while, I start a new save to try out an idea, or build a particular house. And sometimes, just building and decorating is less stressful than managing my Sims. (I could never play on rotation - I want to control every Sim second of their little Sim lives.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I play on rotation but I rotate saves. I have several I rotate among because I hate running out of npc's to marry and/or befriend and I'm too lazy to download new "npc's" from the gallery.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2019
    Not bored, Rotation
    This is the first sims game where I have to rotate to avoid boredom. Even then...the struggle is real. Lol.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I've never played the rotational style in any of the Sims games.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Curious :)

It may surprise you but it depends on my mood if i play either :tongue:. I can't say if i'd go rotationally or single, with that said however you can get pretty busy with a single family and 8 family members, especially if they are young and need to learn, toddlers, children and teenagers, so generally i could go for a single family, but then i could add a second family in there as well at another point.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Bored, Single Family
    Bored and single family. I've played this household for so long that whenever I go to a new one, I wanna go back to the one I'm used to, cuz the new ones just do not resonate with me and will take some time.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited October 2019
    Not bored, Rotation
    When I originally answered this I wasn’t so bored. I play rotational and usually not bored, but lately I’ve been becoming bored. I even created a whole new save which is just a world of mostly occults, but I’ve been mostly sticking to building which that is now becoming boring, and I love building!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    I had a little fun with Uni but I still wish I could play there rotationally. I would have loved it more but I am back to being pretty bored again.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    You don't have an other option. I have single family saves and rotational saves. I flip through them a lot. I also switch games frequently too. Sometimes doing a thing in one save or game will give me an idea for something else.