Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magical bloodline trait

Does anyone know if the new trait is going to be a "trait" how vampire/alien/mermaid is a trait, or will it be one of the three you can choose? I know this might be a dumb question, as it is probably the first one, but I want to make sure before I age the sim I want to use up and fill all his traits.

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I think it's more like the lifestate traits but I'm not sure. I was thinking it'd be similar to Father Winter's Baby where it's visible but does not take up a slot.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I don't think they've confirmed yet what type of trait it is, so I would hold off on aging the sim up until it is.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    I have been asking myself the exact same question. It sounds like a usefull trait but only if it doesn't take up one of the 3 trait slots our sims have. If this would be the case, then I will just have them turn into a spellcaster through gameplay and use the slot for another trait.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I asked @SimGuruNinja on twitter. Hopefully they or one of the others get back. 😊
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I bet it will take up that slot where the vampire trait usually goes in CAS.
    It seems like it would make more sense to have it be an actual trait that we can use to fill one of the three slots. It would allow us to create magical sims without them needing to be born in-game, and it would be great for story-telling purposes (i.e. Harry Potter retellings where he's the only magical one in the household).
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner

What vampire trait?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    edited September 2019

What vampire trait?
    Post edited by LordOfTendons on
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am assuming it is going to be a life state trait that could be passed on; but I am not sure. All I know is that are the only ones that don't have two forms but it makes sense as they can blend it with other sims unlike other occults.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Could be something like the ‘child of father winter’ trait- especially since it concerns bloodlines.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »
    I asked @SimGuruNinja on twitter. Hopefully they or one of the others get back. 😊
    @Mindofy
    I think it's probably life state trait, but don't know yet. Let us know, when/if you get answer for this. :)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Could be something like the ‘child of father winter’ trait- especially since it concerns bloodlines.
    How does that trait work when being passed, by the way? Do ONLY the children of Father Winter get it, or or can his grandkids and beyond inherit it? Same question for Sulani Mana.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    It seems like it would make more sense to have it be an actual trait that we can use to fill one of the three slots. It would allow us to create magical sims without them needing to be born in-game, and it would be great for story-telling purposes (i.e. Harry Potter retellings where he's the only magical one in the household).

Hm, not I'm wondering. I know we'll be able to create Teen and up SIms as Spellcasters in Sims, but if the Magical Bloodline trait is only an inherited one (and kinda like the Father WInter one), then it wouldn't show for children or toddlers created in CAS
    But then, if a child's parents are created in CAS first as Spellcasters, shouldn't the genetics option automatically assign that trait to any of their children/toddlers?
    Maybe tag another guru to help?😁 @SimGuruLyndsay
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I'm almost certain it won't be a CAS trait. I'm expecting something similar to the Sulani Mana or Father Winter's Baby traits, which may help a sim learn spells and and become a spellcaster easier without them necessarily having the spellcaster life-state.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I think it will be a 'hidden trait' all witches get. If they get children, their offspring might also get the trait which makes them a witch when they grow up to a teenager without having to do anything for it.

Hm, not I'm wondering. I know we'll be able to create Teen and up SIms as Spellcasters in Sims, but if the Magical Bloodline trait is only an inherited one (and kinda like the Father WInter one), then it wouldn't show for children or toddlers created in CAS
    But then, if a child's parents are created in CAS first as Spellcasters, shouldn't the genetics option automatically assign that trait to any of their children/toddlers?

I was thinking more for if players wanted to create magical children or toddlers in CAS without, but don't necessarily want them to have magical parents, but I guess we should be able to just create spellcasters of any age, like we can with all occults, so who knows. It could work as either version of the trait. I think it's a bit strange that they haven't clarified yet what type of trait it is, but then I'm not sure when they gave us more info on the Father Winter's baby trait either.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    It seems unlikely that the trait is similar to the vampire trait, because otherwise it would be probably called “spellcaster”, besides the fact that there was no special mention to such a trait prior to the release of the vampires GP.

I may be wrong, but, from what I remember, the gurus described the trait as favoring your sim to become a spellcaster later in life, which is logically incompatible with choosing the life state right off CAS.

It must be something else. Maybe it makes the spellcaster more powerful, gives him/her an edge in duels or a larger energy pool to draw power from. It may also just be another path for becoming a spellcaster, but with special interactions or animations.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Trait like vampire? Um... Their called Lifestates?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new trait is going to be a "trait" how vampire/alien/mermaid is a trait, or will it be one of the three you can choose? I know this might be a dumb question, as it is probably the first one, but I want to make sure before I age the sim I want to use up and fill all his traits.

Definitely not a dumb question, it could go either way. I am going to guess a normal trait but don't be mad if it's not😊
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    > @WolfNate said:
    > Trait like vampire? Um... Their called Lifestates?

Yes they are but they are also a hidden trait. Not all traits are visible in the game. Many like what handed your sim is, your sims age, gender, likes or hates fruit cake, occult status (like say vampire), and more are tracked as a traits and can be cheated/modded as such even if the game hides them from view. All lifestates ARE traits in the code.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    there are two hidden trait for vampires, occult_vampire and occult vampire manifested. about this one though, i think it's going to be a gameplay trait, like the reward ones. it was said it can be used to turn sims into spellcasters later in life
    I think it would make sense to have it as either an entirely hidden trait, a sort of hidden trait (like Father Winter's Baby) or a trait that takes up a slot, but if the trait is completely hidden, why would they bother announcing it?
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited August 2019
    Your parents' spellcasting abilities (and THEIR magic lineage) will factor into a Bloodline trait passed to their children. This trait will provide an advantage to spellcasters (and there are various levels of strength to it).

We'll certainly explain deeper in our upcoming livestream.
    Thanks @SimGuruNinja!😁