Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like Neighborhood Brawl Day?

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Neighborhood Brawl Day is awesome!
    I like it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Neighborhood Brawl Day is terrible!
    I like most holidays, but this is the only one I don't like. I don't like violence, so yeah, I just don't let my sims fight.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited December 2018
    1. My sim and her good friend were sitting on the bed having a very flirty conversation (which is weird because they're both straight with boyfriends, and they've never had a flirty conversation before). Then they got up and hugged, beat the plum out of each other, then hugged again.

2. My sim was out with her boyfriend and trying to make friends with this really tall girl. Out of nowhere, the tall girl just smacked her across the face. The boyfriend, who I thought would be protective, ran in the other direction.

This is a what a normal day in my game is like ;)

giphy_1.gif
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    To be honest, I don't really like any of the special days so I cancelled them out of my game.
    There is no point in most of them and you get nothing for them.
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2019
    I currently use a mod disabling all surprise holidays on MTS though. Things are getting repetitive too fast, same goes to City Living festivals, where I made it happen once every 52 weeks after figuring out the XML files.

For the Windenburg brawl, changed filter for a bit so that my faves are not picked for this.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    IF I remember, the first thing I do in a new save game is delete gnomes from Harvestfest and get rid of neighborhood brawl day lol.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I hate it. There are no good options: either my sims start fighting autonomously (which annoys me, as I like to control as many actions as possible, and it's a waste of time), or I have to choose for them to brawl (which I never do, as I don't like it), or they fail at the holiday and then they are miserable for most of the following day. So then I usually just end up switching to another household for the next day, which throws off my rotation schedule. It's just annoying all around.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I don't like it at all, since I generally don't enjoy playing confrontational, unless I have a criminal Sim.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No. I dislike all of the random holidays like this one and always delete them. I only want the real holidays that I create in my game.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I hate it.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like some of the surprise holidays, but I hate brawl day and prank day. I would gladly delete them permanently.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I like the drama it can create. My only dislike was my married sims got up and started beating eachother up and that felt pretty uncomfortable. Other than that experience I enjoy it.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Not really. It is supposed to be a fun holiday among friends so it doesn't affect their friendship negatively; but with Get Famous installed, I just get negative messages pop up and give my sim a bad reputation just for participating. I don't really see the point of that holiday anyways. I just end some holidays early.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    To be honest, I only liked it the first time. I actually skip that one and the majority of the pop-up holidays, except for the one where food at restaurants are free (forgot what it's called). Talk like a Pirate day was fun the first few times but now it just feels like a chore.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I pretty much delete all of the random holidays as soon as I see one, except for "talk like a pirate"-day I love that one.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    I make my Sims drop everything they do to take part in the Purg-I mean Neighborhood Brawl. Unleash the Beast.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    These types of things never fit in with what I want to do, I just ignore it.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I always delete it when it pops up. I don't like any violence in my game.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I actually like neighborhood brawl!

The first time I saw it was during my 100 Baby Challenge. I'd sent my babymama out to date and flirt on Valentine's Day Love Day and she was out all night. It hit the next morning and all the lovers out and about were fighting. No hard feelings, though. Apparently brawls don't count on Neighborhood Brawl Day.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I check that calendar often to make sure I catch it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It makes the game very unique and defining of what The Sims is about. Weirdness, quirkiness and humor.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Not a fan. Not a fan of of people that like to start fights or are physically argumentative IRL, and though in the sims the bad, mean, grouchy ones are entertaining...having a holiday which actually celebrates the behaviour is going a bit too far for my taste.

I use a mod that disables both brawl day and and prank day, replacing them with extra skill days. I don't actually have a problem with the mischief tradition, but a holiday where that is the only thing is silly. I added mischief onto Halloween in my game, that is the 'trick' in trick or treat, after all.

I honestly don't understand what the devs where thinking when they added the holidays that we cannot change. Like giving your players control over some but not all of the holidays in a sandbox game makes a lot of sense?

I need thatmod -- Prank Day is fine for my goofball Sims but most of my Sims don't really fit that profile. Link please?

I got turned off to Brawl Day when my Sim beat up his wife -- maybe it's me because I've had friends harmed by domestic violence (one was abused so much she committed suicide :'( ) but it just doesn't strike me as funny. Maybe if they tuned it to exempt family members/romantic partners I could see a bit more humor in it.

I had that same experience. I sent two sims on a date and the two sims started to fight, it really looked like the male sim randomly started beating up his wife (she lost and ended up "dazed") and made me sick to my stomach. I always cancel that holiday when I play sims in a relationship now.
    Don't understand how Ea lets so many things out of the sims because it is not considered appropriate enough for the T rating, but somehow thought this would be a good idea!
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    I don't want my sims fighting so I always delete it
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    The fights depicted in the entire Sims series by far doesn't even come close to what is experienced in real life... People don't fight in small clouds of smoke and make dumb gestures as they beat each other up. Let alone come out with bruises, scars or bleeding. I've seen real-life fights with my own eyes and experienced one myself. I watch MMA/boxing/physical sports. It's nowhere even near that.

It's interesting to see other things happening rather than the delusional "happy" tone that Sims from TS4 autonomously do in general.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't hate or love it, but it doesn't interest me, so I just delete it, unless I play a sim who's mean and/or evil.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top