Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wants and fears

I have been playing the sims 2 and the wants and fears aspect of that game is fantastic. I think if implemented in the sims 4 it would bring in some more drama and help to liven it up a bit. For our sims to be able to have nervous break downs would fantastic (horrible as it sounds) and maybe the whims can be converted in to wants somehow? Something to make a larger impact on game play, as the way it is right now most simmers don't pay them any attention.

Comments

• ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    Same here! I really miss fears in my game.

ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I agree, Wants and Fears would be a great addition to the game and really help these sims build individual personalities. I would also like to see Likes and Dislikes and Turn-Ons and Turn-Offs as well. And interests.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I agree, Wants and Fears would be a great addition to the game and really help these sims build individual personalities. I would also like to see Likes and Dislikes and Turn-Ons and Turn-Offs as well. And interests.

Ooh, this too!

--T
  • SweetKarma13SweetKarma13 Posts: 11 New Member
    I agree, wants and fears is what would take the game to a higher level instead of the silly whims which don't have much meaning into what the sim actually wants (or fears). It helps with story telling and gives life to the game. When I play it seems so stiff, like the sims have no personality.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    I didn't play ts2 (or any other iterations of the sims series), but this sounds absolutely wonderful. I want a mermaid who's afraid of water, a vampire who's afraid of the moon, and an alien who's afraid of rocket ships.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    The fact that fear isn't an emotion in this game is absolutely criminal. Wants and fears is something the game needs, along with other "surprises" to break the monotony in gameplay.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited August 2019
    I miss fears so much! If there aren't going to be any new or meaningful whims added to the game, the least they could do is reinstate the fear system to add a little more life and variety to the game! I feel like this game at the moment is really lacking impact in terms of the whim system (the fact that there's now the option to turn them off really says a lot :# ), so this would be perfect.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Fears would be amazing, as would the fear emotion. Then again, I would like whims to be improved as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes! I have been pushing for Fear for over four years now. There is a huge gap in the emotion system without it. We need the Fear emotion and the ability to select personal fears, phobias and anxieties for each Sim.
    #Team Occult
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    It bugs me that sims get tense when fear would be more appropriate, such as when meeting an alien or vampire.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    It bugs me that sims get tense when fear would be more appropriate, such as when meeting an alien or vampire.

Was just thinking about this. The negative emotions or moodlets that we get atm aren't really a great substitute for fear. It doesn't feel like anything will really impact a sim because the worst that'll happen is they'll just have one moodlet which is easy to ignore.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    I would love fears! Also the chemistry system that Sims 2 had. It actually made finding a relationship more of a challenge and much more meaningful when you achieved it!
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    The wants, fears, likes/dislikes, turn-ons/turn-offs system in TS2 enriched that game so much. Having fears to avoid and wants to fulfill is better than whims which will even roll for objects either present or missing from whatever lot the sim happens to be on at the time (e.g. "buy a pet bowl" when they have several at home, but just happen to be at the gym with their pet). TS4's whims system doesn't add depth to a sim the way TS2's wants-and-fears panel made it so that it gave the sense that the player is peeking into the sim's inner thoughts--what he/she wants to fulfill and fears/wants to avoid. The mechanism gave yet another added layer to the sim. TS4's whims are superficial and redundant.
    I miss how TS2's wants & fears system allowed for more engaging gameplay and more dynamic sim character.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Wants (and fears) would be so much better than the whim system. Too many whims are nonsensical and don't relate to the sim's personality at all. I'd like to see the deeper wants for a sim and whims could remain as a minor side thing.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    the wants and fears are way better than the wishes from sims 3, and sims 4's whims are way worse than Sims 3 wishes. Like... why they even change those things around? wishes/whims/wants mean the exact same thing. I hope they'll update the whims to turn them into wants and fears, cuz I really want my sims to feel afraid of bad stuff happening to them.
  • _hanzolo_hanzolo Posts: 74 Member
    I agree, I loved that system from TS2. Plus a new fear emotion would pave the way for new traits: cowardly and brave!
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I'm probably the only person that didn't really like Fears...
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I'm probably the only person that didn't really like Fears...
    I didnt like them much either.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I absolutely agree. It's so much fun to see what your sims want to do and fear based on the personality you gave them. It's like an interaction, as if they were actual people with things they strive too. It really elevates the Sims from a dollhouse to an actual game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?