Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention STARTING OUT Entrants for #BnS123 - The Family Emergency

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

fcuRqPI.png
    Attention STARTING OUT Entrants for #BnS124 - Solving the Seniors Situation

3gHHX7s.png

HVCdrRO.png
    Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS124 - Solving the Seniors Situation

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2019
    Accidental double post.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited August 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #125 - The Chalet Getaway
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: The VanderClump's
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Vanderclumps
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mr & Mrs Charles Weston Vanderclump III. Both are hard workers and have no time in their ordinary day to them selves.They now have a place to go, a get away..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

69381559_2471414013078675_7595063490134409216_n.png?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQnWkUgz-quJbYfVEarDPJ0csjEDPQKPq5GbZliRwaJYemUiGVKWZEQCJKcJpCHoSds&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=954c48a26ab29d42c11efa3a46a98ba1&oe=5E0D34A7

69047537_2471485439738199_9181002674106007552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeFQXOcQQcU7G7hxftswzgE4egg1m_G07898L8YMT4V2oDlMCZwPDWsABF2VSTlzxpkUjWyoBqFripgIlEjmjRqzP5O_quJRcY0S5RC_PrN79A&_nc_oc=AQkRS4BiukX_7jA2wdCs01rxqekDjwptD1hiRqPOYQQ9GiHPQg2V4yj5jRcVLFQZm-8&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-4.fna&oh=0cd27e975e2394d6cf39c8422f7e9116&oe=5DC809AA

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS125 The Chalet Getaway is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2019
    13a8blj.png

“Alexander Benedict? Where have I heard that name before?” You wonder aloud, setting aside your coffee.

“He’s a renowned explorer and collector. He has a knack for making rare discoveries and solving some of history’s mysteries along the way,” Karl reminds you.

“Oh, that’s right.” You’re anticipating the man’s arrival now, trying to imagine what he could possibly want. You don’t have long to wait, as Alex Benedict arrives minutes later.

He gives you a charming smile. “I’m running out of room for all my collections and I’m tired of people trying to break into my house to have a look,” he begins, getting right to the point as soon as introductions are exchanged.

‘I understand. How can we help?”You sense this will be more than a simple addition to an existing home and are excited by the prospect.

Alex leans forward in his chair. “I recently inherited a plot of land which would be perfect for a small museum. I’ve heard many good things about you, in particular from Mayor Rose Curtis and the Newcrest Town Council, so I’m confident you’ll be able to meet my needs.”

“It will be a pleasure working with you,” you reply. “What did you have in mind?”

“I’ve always had an interest in history, including architecture, so nothing too modern on the outside. It must have a food court.”

“We can certainly do that. What about budget?”

“I recently sold off a few specimens. Will $200,000 be enough?”

“It should be. We’re used to challenges around here.”

“Great I’m off to track a missing ship, but I should be back in two weeks.”

“Your museum will be ready by then. Good luck.”

“Thanks.” With a hearty handshake, Alex takes his leave.

The Brief:
    • Budget - $200,000 (be sure to include the cost of the lot in this amount)
    • Size - your choice
    • This is a community venue
    • Build a museum to house at least 5 collections and any additional objects of your choice.
    • Include a food court for visitors
    • The design should reflect a specific architectural style. It can be any style you like as long as its not too modern.

The Room Challenge: Create a room to house any one of Alexander's collections.

The Sim Challenge: Create famous explorer Alexander Benedict.

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS126 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 4th September 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]

3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Devilariah - On your entry, in the spot for Gallery Link, just indicate you used CC, and the judges will know to open their game and find your entry through that gallery. Just a note - oops! your slideshow link leads to the wrong challenge! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Oh, look - a history museum challenge for someone who works at a history museum and is in the process of planning the building of a new history center and library at said history museum. :D:*
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Oh, look - a history museum challenge for someone who works at a history museum and is in the process of planning the building of a new history center and library at said history museum. :D:*

Guess you'll be using the challenge to est out your plans then. ;)
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2019
    I’m glad the challenge we got for my request for a venue suits you to a T @SimsIslandheart
    edited August 2019
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS123 - The Family Emergency

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    I do not understand what you mean by "build a museum to house with 5 collections"? Please elaborate.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Allears wrote: »
    @Devilariah - On your entry, in the spot for Gallery Link, just indicate you used CC, and the judges will know to open their game and find your entry through that gallery. Just a note - oops! your slideshow link leads to the wrong challenge! :)

I've edited my post and i think i finally got it right xD
    Gosh it was a mess last night, but i also learned new things so i'm gonna name it a win :P
    Thank you for the heads up and the advice @Allears !! =)
    Pirate wrote: »
    I do not understand what you mean by "build a museum to house with 5 collections"? Please elaborate.

Here's a list of the 13 types of collections available in the base game - https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/collections/. You don't have to find them in game. You can also access them in the Debug menu. How to open the Debug menu
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    ok thats super helpful, thank you. Now, what do you mean by "museum to house"?
    Pirate wrote: »
    ok thats super helpful, thank you. Now, what do you mean by "museum to house"?

The museum should house/hold/have room for at least 5 collections :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    So is a food court just like a restaurant, or different ? :#
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

LOL Not entirely. XD Some of it will be similar, but the building we're looking at IS actually going to be fairly modern; one of the things museums are challenged by nationwide is that people, on average, are leery of the big, old buildings of yore - they are more comfortable approaching a building that's sleek and modern. Trying to combine that with the contents (be it 1880s/Wisconsin history, like ours, or art, logging, textiles, agriculture, what have you) is the biggest challenge for both the site owners and the architects/designers.

Sims builds also aren't super-great at things like accessibility, signage for public spaces (without using CC), or usable parking lots, so those will have to be fudged a bit with MOO and decorative items. ;)
    Devilariah wrote: »
    So is a food court just like a restaurant, or different ? :#

Suppose you could call it a small restaurant. Usually just a counter and food prep area. Seating would be on the other side of the counter from where the food is made.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »

LOL Not entirely. XD Some of it will be similar, but the building we're looking at IS actually going to be fairly modern; one of the things museums are challenged by nationwide is that people, on average, are leery of the big, old buildings of yore - they are more comfortable approaching a building that's sleek and modern. Trying to combine that with the contents (be it 1880s/Wisconsin history, like ours, or art, logging, textiles, agriculture, what have you) is the biggest challenge for both the site owners and the architects/designers.

Sims builds also aren't super-great at things like accessibility, signage for public spaces (without using CC), or usable parking lots, so those will have to be fudged a bit with MOO and decorative items. ;)

Good points. I'm eager to see what you come up with.
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @Devilariah another way to think of food court is cafeteria seating and different food vendors spread through a courtyard area. I can be inside with walk up restaurants or outside with food trucks.
  • MelMisplacedMelMisplaced Posts: 30 Member
    @BuildnShare I'm not sure how to build the lot without including the collections while building it. Can we spend the full 200,000 on the building and lot, but include the collections as "freebies" since he already has them? Or should I just hashtag the lot without the collections?
    Aaaaaah, thank you @SimTresa & @JojoMOMSTER, i think i get it =)
    Now just need to figure out how to make it in the sims... and incoorporate it in my building which i've already build.. :D
    This might be an issue xD
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @mallissah , use the cheat code bb.showhiddenobjects, the collections should then appear in the decor section in build/buy mode..So you can use them in the build...

Hope this helps,

Diane Pinkus
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Devilariah Be sure to save your museum build to your library, same screen as saving it to your gallery but a button on the right instead of on the left if memory serves me right.

This will make it easier to place your build again once you leave CAS. #learneditthehardway
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #126: The Collection

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0530ED38C82E11E9813C3A1D585935D7?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=ATalea123O&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Museum BnS126
    LOT COST: 10,000
    BUILD COST: 120,846
    TOTAL COST: 130,846

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157710558074742/with/48625661631/

DETAILS: I am going on vacation early wednesday morning, so this is what I was able to build. I am pretty happy with how it turned out and I hope Mr. Alexander Benedict will be too :) I don't know a whole lot about how museums worked, so i hope I didn't forget an all important room.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    48625894106_96df1e1fda_h.jpg
    48625547258_e37b06db05_h.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top