Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breed Out The Ugly Challenge: The Jolies *updated 10/06/2019*

QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
Hey :)

Here you can find all the important things for my Breed Out The Ugly Challenge. I will publish the chapters on my blog. The name for the founder is based on the meaning of the names and has nothing to do with any person that might have one of these two names. More information about this in the first chapter :)

What is a Breed Out The Ugly Challenge?

In this challenge, you start with one sim, young adult, male or female. Try to make them as ugly as you can. Afterwards, you try to breed out the ugly genes with pretty sims. You can use premades or townies but no sims you have created. You're also not allowed to edit the appearance in CAS (except outfits and such). The challenge is over when the heir of a generation looks normal or pretty.

Rules I follow

I'm not sure if there are exact rules to follow but here's a list of what I am (not) allowed to do in my challenge:
  • Don't use money cheats
  • Don't edit appearance
  • Don't exit without saving
  • Don't add sims to the household except for spouses
  • Only one kid each generation (unless there are multiples. The first born is heir then)
  • Use randomizer for traits
  • Choose aspiration (there's no randomizer option in game)
  • The family can move as often as they want
  • Completing aspirations and careers is optional

The Jolies

Here are the generations and the links to the chapters. I'll try to keep it updated.

Generation 1: Linda Jolie
08-09-19_9-43-00-am-1.png?strip=all&w=105008-09-19_9-43-10-am.png?strip=all&w=1050

Aspiration: Soulmate
Traits: Creative, Paranoid, Glutton

1.1: Meet Miss Jolie
1.2: Mr. Right?
1.3: A Rose, a Kiss, Repeat
1.4: Hey, Baby!
1.5: Two at Once
1.6: Harvestfest
1.7: Change
1.8: The Beach
1.9: Weird Paradise
1.10: The Horror

1.11: You're My Best Friend
1.12: Pretty Thing
1.13: New Home
1.14: Betty!
1.15: You Grumpy?

Generation 2: Betty Jolie
08-26-19_11-43-16-am-2.png?strip=all&w=105008-30-19_6-16-18-pm.png?w=1024

Aspiration: Musical Genius
Traits: Loves Outdoors, Perfectionist, Materialistic

2.1: Double B
2.2: Let's Dance
2.3: The Ugly Truth
2.4: Happy Holidays in September
2.5: Little Dumb Dumb
2.6: Love Me Some Kiddie Pool
2.7: It's a Kind of Magic
2.8: Me and my Wand
2.9: As Hot as Fire

Generation 3: Danielle Jolie
09-15-19_1-47-55-pm.png?w=1024
09-15-19_1-48-11-pm.png?w=1024

Aspiration: Spellcraft & Sorcery
Traits: Insider, Vegetarian, Jealous

3.1: Blue!
3.2: Rush Hour
3.3: Mommy
3.4: Dilemma
3.5: Done
3.6: Come on!
3.7: Leaves
3.8: Drony Love
3.9: Privacy
3.10: Why
3.11: Rush Hour
Post edited by Queenarella on

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    This looks hilarious so far! I completed a Breed Out The Ugly a few months ago (took me about 9 months I think). I also had the ‘only one child per generation rule’ although I did end up changing it to ‘firstborn is heir’ when my founder accidentally had a second child. It was also useful in dealing with twins.

Funnily enough, my founder’s surname was Belle which also means beautiful.

I can tell that Linda and Don will make an interesting looking kid! And it’s always fun to play the unfaithful spouse storyline.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Thank you! :)

I've read your BOTU before I registered here on the forum. You're basically my inspiration to do one because yours is hilarious, too.

I didn't know Belle means beautiful as well. I hope you don't mind that I copied your concept here :sweatsmile:

There are some screenshots left to post (might do that today). Their kid is in the child phase so far. No spoilers tho
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella oh I’m flattered that you read my blog! Nah it’s not my concept - I don’t know who invented the challenge. I actually wish more people would do it since it’s a funny one to read about. It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes you. I feel like mine went on forever with 7 generations since my founder’s mouth took forever to disappear
    I also read your 100 Baby Challenge :) I tried that one too but deleted the save because it was exhausting.

For ts3 it is called a Prettacy as far as I know. But it's the same concept.

Your challenge was funny to read tho so it was good it lasted longer. I don't even know what I would prefer. Maybe somewhere around the middle. It can get frustrating when it's one and the same feature that just one get away.
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by Queenarella on
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    This is a great story though I'm hoping for Linda Jollie to turn Don Lithario into a sims verse equivilent of John Wayne Bobbit because of his cheating.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hhahahah, maybe if I'll ever finish my 100 Baby Challenge, I will do this BOTU-challenge next. It's hilarious!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    This is a great story though I'm hoping for Linda Jollie to turn Don Lithario into a sims verse equivilent of John Wayne Bobbit because of his cheating.

Thank you :)

That story is :o Have you ever watched Season 1 Episode 2 of Grey's Anatomy? Something similar happened there but not with a knife but the victim's teeth.

So far Linda hasn't found out about the cheating.
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Hhahahah, maybe if I'll ever finish my 100 Baby Challenge, I will do this BOTU-challenge next. It's hilarious!

The 100 Baby Challenge is horribly stressful! I quit after the sixth baby :D I'll read yours because I love to see the challenge.

It is hilarious but I had to get used to playing with an ugly sim. I usually try to make my sims as pretty as possible.
    edited August 2019
    The 100 Baby Challenge is horribly stressful! I quit after the sixth baby :D I'll read yours because I love to see the challenge.

I really like this challenge (I'm at baby 8 now, baby 9 is on the way), although I need to say it was becoming really difficult when the house was full. There was Bella (my matriarch) and then my child became a teen and then I had four other kids, a toddler and a baby. That was really difficult. But it's much easier now that I'm left with two kids, a toddler and currently pregnant. All the rest is now adult and out of house. Phew.

I really like this challenge (I'm at baby 8 now, baby 9 is on the way), although I need to say it was becoming really difficult when the house was full. There was Bella (my matriarch) and then my child became a teen and then I had four other kids, a toddler and a baby. That was really difficult. But it's much easier now that I'm left with two kids, a toddler and currently pregnant. All the rest is now adult and out of house. Phew.

The toddler stage is the one that made me give up. Do you use the lot trait where you've got higher chances of getting twins? I did that and I've had 6 toddlers at once. HORROR :D

The toddler stage is the one that made me give up. Do you use the lot trait where you've got higher chances of getting twins? I did that and I've had 6 toddlers at once. HORROR :D

I don’t have the EP where you get that lot trait yet. Planning in buying it somewhere soon B) I hate newborn stage. Toddlers are difficult but I can deal with that :p
    I thought it came with a patch :sweatsmile:

Newborns are easy, even as triplets. Whenever they cry I use the same routine: clean dirty diaper (skipable if clean), feed, talk to, cuddle. Then they smile again.
    I thought it came with a patch :sweatsmile:

Newborns are easy, even as triplets. Whenever they cry I use the same routine: clean dirty diaper (skipable if clean), feed, talk to, cuddle. Then they smile again.

I know that. I just don’t like them because I can’t click on them, I just need to see the blue color down below and yea, I miss that soletimes xD

And oh, it’s with a patch? Need to search that up then.
    Newborns are boring, true :D

I could be wrong tho. I thought it was in a patch because other packs (island living for example) use the lot traits, too.
    edited August 2019
    I searched it up, and some lot traits cole with City Living. So does the lot trait ‘on ley line’.

Btw sorry for talking on your topic about anything but the topic :’) I bookmarked it to follow the story tho!
    Oh that's good to know. Twins all the time are stressful tho.

That's no problem at all :)

1.5: Two at Once is out now :)
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @Queenarella Just read through the updates! It's hilarious, I love it. :D Poor Linda, she deserves better than Don. She's got a good heart, just not a good face. I love how chubby Betty's cheeks are.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I tried this once but the sim was so ugly it disturbed me everytime I saw him. Had to delete him.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @Queenarella Just read through the updates! It's hilarious, I love it. :D Poor Linda, she deserves better than Don. She's got a good heart, just not a good face. I love how chubby Betty's cheeks are.

Thank you :) But Don is the only one who saw the real her. Unlike Salim and Akira :D

Haha, true, Betty looks more like a girl with super chubby cheeks. But the cheeks also mean she'll have Linda's head.
    I tried this once but the sim was so ugly it disturbed me everytime I saw him. Had to delete him.

It is challenging to watch Linda. But there are many moments where her face is simply awesome :D
    @Queenarella One of the things you mentioned in a chapter is your surprise at how willing Don was willing to go along with relationship stuff even though he's noncommittal. I noticed the same thing with Aiden, then I checked on the noncommittal trait's behaviors. The only negative as far as relationship goes is they will sometimes decline getting engaged or I guess becoming boyfriend/girlfriend. But there's no negative buffs of being trapped in a relationship, just in a job/career. So I guess once they tie the knot they get over it.

Oh Betty...

Those fat cheeks!
    @Queenarella One of the things you mentioned in a chapter is your surprise at how willing Don was willing to go along with relationship stuff even though he's noncommittal. I noticed the same thing with Aiden, then I checked on the noncommittal trait's behaviors. The only negative as far as relationship goes is they will sometimes decline getting engaged or I guess becoming boyfriend/girlfriend. But there's no negative buffs of being trapped in a relationship, just in a job/career. So I guess once they tie the knot they get over it.

Don sometimes has a moodlet that he feels trap in general. But I ignore that :D

I think the worst trait for romantic relationships is Unflirty.

Oh Betty...

Those fat cheeks!

The cheeks make her head look even bigger than it already is.