Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thermostats in Apartments

Has anyone been having issues with the thermostats in Apartments not working properly? I have them set to heat but they are still getting the chilled buff and I am not seeing the central heating buff.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    Sorry, I don't play in apartments. But, I was curious as to what this thread was about. I also know what it feels like when you see how many times a thread you have created has been read, yet you get 0 comments. I have made up my mind I won't be one of the ones who just look and don't say anything. Sometimes, a nonsense comment is all that's required to spur on real comments. Hopefully, they'll come in droves for you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sorry, I don't play in apartments. But, I was curious as to what this thread was about. I also know what it feels like when you see how many times a thread you have created has been read, yet you get 0 comments. I have made up my mind I won't be one of the ones who just look and don't say anything. Sometimes, a nonsense comment is all that's required to spur on real comments. Hopefully, they'll come in droves for you.

Thank you :) I actually try to do the same.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Has anyone been having issues with the thermostats in Apartments not working properly? I have them set to heat but they are still getting the chilled buff and I am not seeing the central heating buff.
    Right now I have one in a penthouse apartment and it works properly.
    I don't remember any issues with it in smaller apartments but can't confirm because have no households placed in there at the moment.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I don't play in apartments either. :( But here's a thread bump.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited August 2019
    I second that..lol...or is it third?

As for your issue, I've noticed my sims in all houses have no hot/cold effect at all. I haven't even had to turn on the thermostat on in any of my households. When I was playing in Sulani, I thought it was because the ceiling fans. In Brindleton Bay, Willow Creek, and San Myshuno, I've had the same issue with them not having any reaction to the weather while indoors. Of course I guess it's important to add that I've only played a little in Spring and Summer. I haven't really noticed much reaction at all, except my current household did put on their cold weather outfits while outside in San Myshuno.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am currently playing a family on an apartment. Their thermostat seems to be working since they no longer freeze in winter. I have not paid attention to their buffs.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I just tested them in my game for several winter sim days and nights, all is working as it should. If you play with mods you might want to make sure one of them don't need to be updated. I just had to pull a vampire fix mod because it was not allowing the Vampire Lore on the computer to show up.
    Hrmm maybe I need to take a look at my mods.

Thanks guys so much for the responses 😊
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have 3 households in apartments none of them is having problems with their heating. What mods do you have if any?
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I play almost always in apartments and not such bugs so far for me.
    thanks guys checking through mods now :)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The change in temperature is controlled by an hidden buff, the fact that you don't see the centralized heating one could mean that the hidden buff is not there... I don't really know why wouldn't it, though.. if I remember correctly, is that hidden buff that calls the visible one.
    Anyone have a fireplace in their house or apartment having issues with the thermostat? I am running a test now. I had issues with the thermostat not working with houses or apartments that have fireplaces. Now my thermostat seems to be working after I removed the fireplace.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I have fireplaces in my homes and apartments which are always on and I don't have any problems with the thermostats.
    I have fireplaces in my homes and apartments which are always on and I don't have any problems with the thermostats.

huh...guess I will continue testing mods. Thank you for responding :)
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I am having this issue with two of my rotational play games. If I turn the thermostat off and on again I will get the central heat buff or whatever it's called, and then a few sim hours later they are chillded again. I have fireplaces in both homes, and they don't seem to be making a difference. I have mods in my game, and I thought they were all up to date, but I guess I will have to go through again and double check.
    I am having this issue with two of my rotational play games. If I turn the thermostat off and on again I will get the central heat buff or whatever it's called, and then a few sim hours later they are chillded again. I have fireplaces in both homes, and they don't seem to be making a difference. I have mods in my game, and I thought they were all up to date, but I guess I will have to go through again and double check.

Yes this is exactly what I am getting.