Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you ready for the Sims 5?

Comments

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    No, I don't think I'll be interested in a TS5 unless... (Complete the sentence).
    Safe = second
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Yes, I think I'm ready to move onto TS5.
    I would quite happily move along to TS5 if they released it. I've been with the sims since 2000. I've moved along with each new release, and I remember TS4 release very well. Granted, it would take alot of time (and money) to build up what we have now. But there are certain aspects that the game is lacking (i.e open world) If they could add some key features like that in from the very beginning, i'd be happy.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    No, I would love TS4 to go on for another 10 years if it can.
    I love many things about TS4 and even if we never got some things fixed, I doubt that TS5 would attract me more.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    No, I'm enjoying TS4 and and am not thinking about future games.
    After briefly dabbling with the Sims 3 CAS demo...ages ago, I only recently actually started playing Sims at all with Sims 4. I'm in no hurry to watch all the development I'm hoping for Sims 4 be diverted into Sims 5 retreading the same stuff over again. I already get that with my other CG hobby.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone, I've gone ahead and moved this to the rumors location.

EA_Joz
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing as they have no desire to fix the Sims traits, life stages or their reactions to other Sims and the world around them at all and just continue to slap lipstick on a pig instead of fixing these issues I'd gladly take Sims 5 it would be hard to be worse.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    No, I don't think I will ever be interested in a TS5.
    Just too old and considering the time this iteration is taking, with several years to go I might not be around for the next one to finish! This one is keeping me happy for the next few years! Maybe I could start a Sims club if they put me in an old folks' home! I'd love one in the Sims 4. I'll leave the next one for the young folks. :)
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    The sims of TS4 are so lacking in depth, personality and distinctive character it renders gameplay, as a whole, flat. Even if TS4's sims lack distinctive individuality and interest perhaps if consequence for actions was a feature of this game and relationships were recognized and bore weight TS4 wouldn't feel so utterly oversimplified (i.e. dumbed-down) and the game would bear a rewarding sense of play and I could get excited for the next game. But as things current are, there's no way I'd continue supporting the franchise with hard earned money. I've invested honest money into this franchise and can't justify investing even more going forward unless TS4 development team fixes the core issues of this current iteration. If TS4's main flaws are address and fixed, I would consider the next iteration. Otherwise, my support of the franchise stops with TS4.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    As long as it's a step forward and not a step back like Sims 4 then I am ready for Sims 5.
    They should have kept going with Sims 3 for longer and made Sims 4 a better game but they made it a step back instead.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No because Sims 4 isn't finished. It still needs University, Generations, Werewolves, actual Fairies, Genies, more careers, more pets, a Sims 4 Master Suite Stuff, etc. When they do Sims 5 the base should have Seasons, many careers, 3 unique large towns, all the building modes, all the life ages newborn, baby, toddler, young child, tween, young teen, young adult, mature adult, middle age, senior & elder. Also, generations & pets in the base. And you can make it like Civilization V.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    No, I don't think I'll be interested in a TS5 unless... (Complete the sentence).
    Unless they add Pets in the base game to build them up over many packs, it's a no from my wallet.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    I don't have any faith in this franchise as long as EA is still around, so no. I'm not interested and most likely will never be.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No! I am still waiting for my University pack, ROYALTY pack, and some beach and mountains vacation spots as well. After these are out I'll need plenty of time to enjoy them, of course.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Definitely no. I'm enjoying Sims 4 and want it to last until every theme I hope for is part of it. Then when it's over I plan on using stable mods for awhile to enhance or add gameplay that wouldn't be in a sims game.
    I will be interested in hearing about a new iteration when it's announced but since I'll have a game I enjoy I can take my time purchasing it. If it absolutely blows me away.. I can always play more than one game at a time :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    This game's not perfect by any means, but what's the point in restarting the same franchise over and over again? I'm not interested in spending that much money on a new Sims game, particularly a bare-minimum base game, when all the EPs/Gps/etc. for TS4 are already right here. Plus if TS4 is anything to go by it would be years before we received the majority of decent DLC content.

We've got a few years worth of content to add to this game at least anyway, I'm more interested in seeing how they can build on what they already have.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited August 2019
    I rather they forced on improve Sims 4 without break game/new bugs, patch, and add cool content than risk start making new game and set everything back and who know it's could got worse,

Sometime I see PC Game part 2 or 3, it's got worse and worse like game called Stronghold build castle, or even Simcity, so go on, so new next gen game is not always better and good thing, depend on who are game developer and management, some very good one come and go, quit or retire so go on.

While Sims 4 got tone down from Sims 3 because lot of people don't had powerful computer to run or game engine mess up in sims 3, is why Sims 4 tone down to get game stable and easy to fix rather than unfixable in sims 3.

Best wait for few or many year as technology computer or even VR getting better to handle it game engines. Now it's not a time for making new game sims 5.

That's what come to thoughts.
    Post edited by Humility925 on
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I think we are years away from a TS5 release. I am also mostly happy with TS4 as well, and have high hopes for its continuing improvement and expansion with more DLC and fixes.

Even when TS5 does come out, I have every intention of waiting a year or so, or even longer, until it has a few expansions under its belt. I did this with TS2 and TS3 too because the new games always feel like a major step backwards after playing a fully expanded version.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yes and no. Yes if they take the time and build out the new game. Add enough that I don't have to buy a expansion pack unless I really want it. I know that each game engine has it limits. Sims 4 is still little lackluster compared to other games in the series. No I think there is a few things they could add to make Sims 4 fit the mold of the Sims franchise better.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I've been ready for TS5 since 2015.
    Been ready since 2014.

Doesn't mean I want it NOW.

I'd rather have them take the time they need to deliver a true sequel instead of some half baked thrown together Sims game.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I've been ready for TS5 since 2015.
    The sims 4 and its childish representation never appealed me. I feel it ruined the franchize and the agenda the producers are following is too obvious. They dont listen to the players and they rather follow their path of beliefs which annoys the heck out of many players who wont bother to stay quiet.
    So by that, i was ready when TS4 came out and after I gave it some serious shots trying to love it as much as for example TS2, my feelings just cant be fooled.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Ironically, I think if you'd asked me this question a few years ago I would have been like "Yeah. It's time. TS4 is unsalvageable." But look at me, being all wrong about things. I think they've made a lot of improvements to the base game, it's really becoming something fun, and while I wouldn't mind hearing they're moving focus to a new engine and new game (as, hey! maybe it'll be good!) I am no longer anxious to move on. TS4 is fun enough, even if it could still use a LOT of improvement. I feel increasingly like they're actually listening and trying, and have been pretty pleased with the last few packs (Island Living feeling a little shallow [pun intended] notwithstanding). At this point my problems with the sims are less and less complaints about how they executed what is included (which my early complaints often were), and increasingly just hoping for them to include more - and that's not a problem that can be solved by starting over.

It would be nice for them to revisit some of the things they've already done with the experience they've clearly gained. It's sad that the base game gets big overhauls and updates, but DLC does not. Now that they know more, some of the earlier packs could use a revisit. I won't hold my breath, though.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I'd be interested of looking into maybe buying a possible Sims 5 if the basegame has all the things that TS4 basegame should've had, and that includes toddlers from the start, spiral stairs, non-object babies and basic weather changes. Also a memory system, favorites and astrological signs.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2019
    At The Sims and Maxis level, my game experience is positive and the studio listened to my requests.
    But I'm very tired to wait years to get a full game in order to do exactly the same things I did with the previous games.

Big reset, long wait and a lot of money spent for no big gain at the end, it isn't something acceptable for me.

Secondly I've got a bad game experience with the recent games published by EA. I can't trust them about the future games.
    For now I decide to support the European and French studios.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Sims 4 will be the end for me (I almost wrote "the end OF me" LOL). It's been a fun ride but I really don't like the way each iteration seems to give us less and less content for higher and higher prices. I imagine Sims 5 will be even worse. Hopefully there will be enough to do with Sims 4 to entertain me for a few more years.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Definitely. I don't feel the base game of TS4 innovated enough to last this long. The packs don't do much to supplement the core game, either.

The Sims 5 will come around and The Sims 4 won't be remembered the same way TS1, TS2, and TS3 are. Assuming it's not an even bigger trainwreck than 4 was.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.