Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play sims 3?!? (as well as sims 4)?!

Do you still play sims 3 as well as sims 4? personally I find myself always going back to the sims 3 when I get bored or run out of things to do in the sims 4. It's like it never loses its nostalgia, I could play the sims 3 for ages, But not the Sims 4. It's so hard to stay interested especially when I want to visit the house next door and then I get a loading screen, which just reminds me of how much better open worlds are and all the other features im missing because I'm playing the sims 4. I'm going to be honest if we didn't have custom content and mods for the sims 4 I wouldn't even think of playing it. simple things like story progression for NPC's are completely non-existent. I feel like simmers who've only ever played the sims 4 don't understand what it feels like... however I may be wrong maybe some people enjoy the sims 4 more than the sims 3? The only thing I could say is 100 percent better in the sims 4 than the sims 3 would be CAS, which I can't deny is revolutionary.

Do you still play sims 3?!? (as well as sims 4)?! 267 votes

Yes
22%
Bluegayleauroraael14CK213GoldmoldarIdontrcallIceyJPlayerSinger2010Montrase102Kartaiilovejewel17AnmirlaPaigeisin5icftlduSxcDannii202akaniki0suzanna13kitti789playerHannaZojaLustianiciaSimplyJen 60 votes
No
40%
Frn0731Nh6650brackencat31DerellaIcewolfLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatdreamergrl84storyyBlkBarbiegalimhappyMi9shaoscarVibseSleepycatDSLSimpatsyannsimlish1mcruddIsb917Simburianjoelygirlsims2 109 votes
Sometimes
20%
Akl500Picmnfrshalan650111Colorist40KelleygirlWritin_RegAlrynnBloosmooStrangerthanDarkSlayer1331IObelleWyrrenJestTrudrake_mccartySlayeurTownsekojranaMissyHissygothprincess4everAquariusMomashcrash19 56 votes
I've gone back to the Sims 3 completely
5%
NianaKalaniCoolJoAnne65ChanticoDragonAge_18053PmlTrySavvySimmieNinjakitzMidnightAurasimmerLellaClarionOfJoy[Deleted User]ItsJanierRae357 14 votes
another answer?
10%
OneAdorkableGirlKita5399Sara1010PTynkMagdaleenafriendlysimmersfruitsbasket101Sk8rblazephantasmkisskayen_keagencatitude5WaytoomanyUIDsluxsylvanadduapinaScobreThePinkBookGirlHopeyStarrVivi_WillowTreeNorthDakotaGamerEvie0602 28 votes

Comments

• RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    No
    I have on occasion tried going back to Sims 3, but the only thing I like better in Sims 3 is World Adventures. It's not enough for me to make it my primary Sims game.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    another answer?
    I have played both, but hate the camera and controls for Sims 3. As such I really can not play it for more than 20 minutes without frustration setting in.
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    Yes
    I have played both, but hate the camera and controls for Sims 3. As such I really can not play it for more than 20 minutes without frustration setting in.

yeh the camera controls are less than desirable but I feel like the gameplay makes up for it sometimes
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    No
    I've been playing since I was 9 when the OG sims came out. I always wait to switch to a new version till a couple expansions are out, then I never look back.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes
    Yes, and "another answer?". I only go back to 3 to re-create Sims from there into The Sims 4. On occassion, I play The Sims 1 and The Sims 2.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    Yep! I re-installed most of my TS3 packs and have been having so much fun with the open world (look ma, no loading screens!). I will say that I dislike that I can't move to a new world or go to a new world as easily as we can in TS4.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    I didn't even play the Sims 3 when it was the current game. I didn't like it. :D
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    another answer?
    Never stopped playing TS3. Try to play TS4 every once in awhile but only ever manage an hour or so at a time, mostly in CAS.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No
    I tried to, but I didn't stick with it.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Yes
    I still play every game in the main series now and then. One, two, three and four.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    No
    Well, I never got into playing TS3 in the first place, but I don't go back to TS2 either. I prefer to focus on one sims game at a time.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    3 is my main game. I also still play 2 and TSM.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    another answer?
    I never played it, I skipped from 2 to 4 as 3 didn't interest me much. Art style is important to me and I never liked the art style in three. As to 2 I played it but didn't get SUPER into it like I am 4. I try going back to it on occassion but the game play just bores me. I can play for an hour here or there, but then I need a break for months on end lol. Sims 4 I could play for 2-3 hours several times a week and still not get bored.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    No
    No. I can't be bothered installing all the expansions and stuff again for now. Maybe I'll play it again in a few years for the nostalgia.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    another answer?
    I enjoy The Sims 3, but as of right now, my PC and Sims 3 just don't really get along. So, I play Sims 4. (but also because I enjoy it). However, I suppose it's for the best because while Sims 4 has a lot of content that still needs to be added, I feel that I'd still just come back to Sims 4 because the push and pull CAS/Build Mode, Seasons + the calendar, Sims 4 toddlers, and Parenthood... are just some of the things I'd miss too much and end up going back to.

But I do plan to get a new PC that can handle Sims 3 better later on and would love to go back and play through all the content again.. as it would be nice to play with content that we don't have yet (University, Generations (I know Parenthood is like a mini-version of it, but still really enjoyed that expansion pack); also... I miss fire-fighters and really loved Ambitions. Interactive careers are amazing and I'm so glad that they're adding so many of them in Sims 4.

I also reallllly miss the day-care career. I'm still holding out, hoping they'll add an interactive daycare career in Sims 4 and we can create our own day-cares at our Sims houses. Because that was soo cute in Sims 3. But I think Sims 4 could add a bit more to the game-play.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sometimes
    Deleted :#
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    another answer?
    I want to go back, and I've tried once. I even went and downloaded mods that fix a lot of the loading/bloat issues, as well as some body sliders (though I can't seem to get the sliders to show up). The graphics look old though, and I try to be involved in the Sims 4 forum, which always pulls me back into Sims 4. I got so used to focusing on building that I don't have the patience for playing.

Some day, though. Some day I'll pop open Sims 3 and it'll click. Then I can forget about Sims 4, except for the build challenges. I cannot say no to a good build challenge.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    No
    I tried going back to 3 a few times in the past but it seems dated to me now.

Although I loved the game at the time, i was never impressed with how they did the sims. Their faces, their movements just didn't seem right.

And, although I hated the sims 4 graphics at first, I now love the style much more. The clean, sharp modern look of the houses and furniture. The sims themselves look so much more natural. Therefore, playing in that environment is more enjoyable to me now than the sims 3.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    another answer?
    LexiBai wrote: »

yeh the camera controls are less than desirable but I feel like the gameplay makes up for it sometimes

Can't enjoy the gameplay if the controls and camera cause too much frustration.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    No
    I have a finite amount of time for gaming and want to spend that time on TS4. And Planet Zoo and Animal Crossing when they release. :p
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Sometimes
    Depends on mood and what PC I'm using. TS2 is still my favorite by a long shot.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    No. It is hard to enjoy a game that always crashes and freeze. I also preferred Sims 2 and 4 overall, they seem so lively and like the randomness (the sims 3 sims seemed so stiff to me for some reason. Like how they move and all that).
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    No
    I try to from time to time, but between it being dated/quaint and me not really enjoying the activities I come back to 4. Having a longer list of features only matters if you enjoy using them and I dont.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Sometimes
    i started the sims series with 4, and sims 4 is still my main preferred way to play. there's neat things in sims 3 and sims 2 but i prefer sims 4
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited August 2019
    another answer?
    I play 2, 3, and 4. Depends what I'm feeling. For me, 2 gives the best overall gameplay (especially since I have the ultimate collection). I play 3 for the world because I've been starved for open world and neighborhood editing in 4. I play 4 for CAS and build, not really for gameplay. I'd still be playing 1 as well I'm sure if I hadn't lost the disc. I'm bad at decision making so there's no way I could pick just one Sims game lol