Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Official Countdown Thead (Release Day Now Available)!!!!!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    20 Days!!!!!

we ht 20 days on the 20th day of the month. :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    20 days sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away still though :(

Glad we can all commiserate again together in this thread. Looking forward to it. All aboard the hype train, direction Glimmerbrook!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    So much I found on YouTube from game changer simmers who been making videos based off all the info they that the gurus posted on twitter.

So far you can collect familiars that won't take up household space (unless you have a car or dog familiar as they can be one too. There is already that option and now it makes more sense); but you can only summon one at a time. There are four types of magic but spell casters are not automatically seen as good or bad but can get a good or bad reputation if you have Get Famous which is neat.

You can use magic outside the realm but they said not all sims will react well to it, which is kind of cool and realistic. The magic realm has no weather but a custom night and day setting; but Glimmerbroke gets all the seasons since isn't tropical or swarm climate, so can probably get snow

Oh also they said the portal isn't the only way to get to the magic realm (they mentioned some stone?).
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    So much I found on YouTube from game changer simmers who been making videos based off all the info they that the gurus posted on twitter.

So far you can collect familiars that won't take up household space (unless you have a car or dog familiar as they can be one too. There is already that option and now it makes more sense); but you can only summon one at a time. There are four types of magic but spell casters are not automatically seen as good or bad but can get a good or bad reputation if you have Get Famous which is neat.

You can use magic outside the realm but they said not all sims will react well to it, which is kind of cool and realistic. The magic realm has no weather but a custom night and day setting; but Glimmerbroke gets all the seasons since isn't tropical or swarm climate, so can probably get snow

Oh also they said the portal isn't the only way to get to the magic realm (they mentioned some stone?).

Yes, the portal, a spell or The Glimmerstone!

@luthienrising always makes this brilliant thread collecting all SimGuru info in one place too!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17206227/#Comment_17206227
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am so happy. Really this is like x-mas but better because that one comes once a year.

The magical world is just as not-normal that I hoped that it would be. Can’t wait to see the info rolling out.

I have so much fantasy-CC saved up now! In a couple of sims-days my main is going to move into an old house that she has inherited. All the CC in that one, just couldn’t wait any longer for a magic-fix.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I don't understand why I'm not excited yet. I love witches, they are my favourite supernatural.

I watched the trailer and have read lots of info but I just feel nothing.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The hairstyles look awesome in this pack.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I don't understand why I'm not excited yet. I love witches, they are my favourite supernatural.

it might be fatigue from the last two packs being a bit lackluster?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    19 Days!!!!

We've already hit the teens!!!!!

Strange Magic by ELO makes me think of this pack.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    todays song Magic
    https://youtu.be/4iiryJwvDtc
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Well, I guess it’ll fill in time until Planet Zoo. I can’t wait until September 24th!!!!
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Can't wait! I've put off buying 'Island living' and 'Moschino' so that I can buy them in a bundle with 'realm of magic' :D it'll be a lot of new content to explore :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

it might be fatigue from the last two packs being a bit lackluster?

I actually really liked the last two packs. I didn't expect to even want to buy Moschino, but it's great. Ah well, maybe other people's excitement will rub off onto me.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    So what I can gather.

To alleviate arguments and debates, the Sims Team has decided to call this life state Spellcaster thus a gender-neutral word for the lifestate.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've got house-moving dread, now. I know I'll want to move my main generational save to Glimmerbrook, as long as it gets decent snow, and their collections are such a pain to move.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think its kind of odd they called them spell caster instead of witch and wizard or sorcerer
    I think its kind of odd they called them spell caster instead of witch and wizard or sorcerer

Easy to be generic with Spellcaster and not have argument of gender pronouns as a spellcaster. Spellcastress just sounds... Not right.

Also I am stoked for magic and being a mage not gonna lie. But I'm excited to see the new BM items that are practical and not decor.
    WolfNate wrote: »

Easy to be generic with Spellcaster and not have argument of gender pronouns as a spellcaster. Spellcastress just sounds... Not right.

Also I am stoked for magic and being a mage not gonna lie. But I'm excited to see the new BM items that are practical and not decor.

but a mage can also be a man or a woman so why not mage
    Don't look at me maybe it's a rank like Prime Vampire
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

It's more that Spellcaster is a broad term that encompasses all types of magic users. It's more flexible for the player to decide if they are playing a Witch, Wizard, Mage, Druid, Voodoo Mambo or Houngan, Sorcerer, etc. As we can see from the trailer, this pack embraces more than just Witches, yet includes enough features to still be able to play them that way.

Also, Witch is already a gender neutral term. Not everyone realizes this because of the way it's used in story book fantasy tales, but in the days of the Salem Witch trials, there were males accused of being witches. Modern day pagan practitioners of the Craft also have both male and female Witches. It's a real religion that has existed for a long time. ☺️
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    y.Also, Witch is already a gender neutral term. Not everyone realizes this because of the way it's used in story book fantasy tales, but in the days of the Salem Witch trials, there were males accused of being witches. Modern day pagan practitioners of the Craft also have both male and female Witches. It's a real religion that has existed for a long time. ☺️

I'm aware and personally use Witch to refer to either gender but just stating my opinion on why. It's still a hot topic to debate gender pronouns on witchcraft. But let's not get into that

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    y.Also, Witch is already a gender neutral term. Not everyone realizes this because of the way it's used in story book fantasy tales, but in the days of the Salem Witch trials, there were males accused of being witches. Modern day pagan practitioners of the Craft also have both male and female Witches. It's a real religion that has existed for a long time. ☺️

I'm aware and personally use Witch to refer to either gender but just stating my opinion on why. It's still a hot topic to debate gender pronouns on witchcraft. But let's not get into that

Agreed.

Instead, I'll just profess that I was one of the people who requested the change myself and it was discussed in the Ideas forum back in 2017. A lot of people wanted something more expansive and it looks like we got it, which is awesome. The developers definitely do pay attention. <3
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top