Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 : Get to Streets/ Street Living

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So couple of days I have been having this idea about expansion mostly revolving around cars
but also taking some cues from The Urbz : Sims in the City
because I think it would work really nicely with TS4

so just to get this out of my head
Features for the pack would be such

World

Call it whatever you like but it gonna be edgy

Optimized for driving around, racing, scenic drives and showing off your vehicles
there should be at least 3 neighborhoods which would be such:

1. Scenic area out of the city that is mostly enjoyed by drivers looking to take fancy quiet drives on their fancy rich people cars
(cliff side drive ways and such) has couple lots for rich sims on top of high cliffs too, should you be able to afford them

2. Backstreets (back alright) - yes this is where the edgy people your posh mom told you to not talk to live,
possibly some basement apartments and garages turned apartments (sims gotta deal with what they got)

3. Commercial area featuring some lots to build shops and houses on (more family friendly)

CAS

Involving huge amount of street wear, accessories, some tattoos, hairs
Rock, Punk, HipHop ... you name it.

opportunity for your sims to finally say ''its not a phase mom'' strong and loud

also, racing suits (obviously)

B/B
- backstreety items
- some things that go with street styles
- mechanic career things
- racing objects
- garage items

Careers

Active Mechanic career
- Building cars/ motorcycles
- Repairing cars /motorcycles
- Tuning cars /motorcycles

Car/motorcycle designer career
- for those too posh to build
possibly semi active

Skills:

Skating

who said street style without skating
kids want hobbies too! show off to your classmates with some tricks

Driving

fancy a drive? well young miss its time to learn it yourself!
but luckily your parents are here to show you how to

maybe you will learn couple tricks too

Racing

now this is what we call easy money, or is it?
hit up racing arena and make some extra on side!

or is that too big of a race?
rumor says you can also hit back alleys for some less supervised motorcycle racing
and rewards hardly pale, though ssh that is a secret

(mechanic and car building could use handiness i think and car washing fitness since there is no cleaning skill)

Other

Street manners and interactions in similar fashion to urbz
...or what your parents would call ''stop doing that''

and also way more lively streets especially in the more edgy area

vending machines
gas pumps (since i want cars to need gas)
skating parks (at least some basic ones)

event to have one REALLY crazy party
nightclubs? thats last season. its time for punkfest

THE Cars
- car woohoo (you were waiting for it)
- old classic cars
- new sports cars
- family cars
- racing cars
- add ons by tuning (lowering the car, changing pipe u kno the usual)
- some small tricks maybe?

this is getting so long :joy:
idk if im even staying in ep rn and idk how many times i repeated a thing
but feel free to share ideas and thoughts
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Comments

• Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    While it's not my favorite or ideal pack, it would certainly be a new and different one that I could see myself enjoying! A mechanic career would be really cool, perhaps even a race car driver career, as well as car shows and maybe a car dealership! :)
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sakuske1 wrote: »
    While it's not my favorite or ideal pack, it would certainly be a new and different one that I could see myself enjoying! A mechanic career would be really cool, perhaps even a race car driver career, as well as car shows and maybe a car dealership! :)

oh yeah car shows should be thing maybe around the commercial area in this version?

also dealing cars was big on list of things to put in too
    but then I started to think how to differentiate it from get to work and got bit stuck :sweat_smile:

was not sure if racing should be more of a career or just activity
    since I definitely don't want it to become rabbit hole and there is so many car related jobs
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like it! Although, I do think that there should be another low-class to the middle-class neighborhood so those good sims aren't stuck living in the back alleys. :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

I like it! Although, I do think that there should be another low-class to the middle-class neighborhood so those good sims aren't stuck living in the back alleys. :D

yeah I just picked 3 major ideas to explain the world aesthetic

like leisure driving area for the rich that is quiet and scenic
    backstreets for motorcycles and roughing it out and getting edgy
    and commercial area for like comfortable living and car races and selling cars and such

but obviously yeah comfortable area could deal with 2 neighborhoods to it
    considering the amount of functions and families still wanting to live there
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Get Vrooooomed. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited July 2019
    345?cb=20190509082819

I just want this so bad
    built gasoline row for ts4 but it ain't same because i had to fake motorcycles by using aqua zips instead :joy::tired_face:
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm liking these ideas. 👏👏👏👏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    I really dont understand the obsession with cars and driving for sims 4. Especially with a pack like this, would racing be limited to only that world, like swimming with sulani? I dont want them to continue add more things I can only do in one world. I think these would all be amazing and creative ideas if s4 was open world, but its not :/ so to me cars always seemed kind of pointless.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wish we got a pack like this instead of useless witches.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Witches are not "useless" because half the simmers out there wanted them. You can't get what you want all the time. I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to Realm of Magic, along with countless other people. You know what is really, truly useless? Complaining that you didn't get what you want.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited August 2019
    Simetery wrote: »
    I really dont understand the obsession with cars and driving for sims 4. Especially with a pack like this, would racing be limited to only that world, like swimming with sulani? I dont want them to continue add more things I can only do in one world. I think these would all be amazing and creative ideas if s4 was open world, but its not :/ so to me cars always seemed kind of pointless.

reason I want it to be new world is mostly because that is the easiest solution to make it fun for the driving on roads

if they made new world they could make the neighborhood areas based on the driving roads which would be easier
    (similar to how you can boat around whole island in IL it should be possible to make neighborhoods of similar size
    with various interesting roads to drive)

the biggest problem with neighborhoods in existing worlds is that in some of them there is no driveways at all
    so it would not make sense to drive cars there

and on other ones the roads lead out of the neighborhood area
    meaning at some point your car will have to disappear or sim will keep making random U turn at the end of the road that makes no sense
    the roads also do not connect in many cases since they put them in just for the aesthetics

I think they'd add racing rinks etc as b/b objects if they went for it
    which could be put down in any world on any lot you'd want and could be different shapes and sizes
    as long as it stays on lot

this way we could make racing arenas and back alley motorcycle races and such anywhere we want
    they could also make them appear seasonally at some streets in the world
    (like having a random backalley motorcycle race in spice district)

making cars and customizing them could also be done in every world with a sort of workbench
    and obviously parked car interactions like woohoo, washing cars etc are possible on lot or wherever the car is

(there was also option to kick down row of motorcycles in urbz that was fun,
    resulted in many angry sims shouting at you
    and would totally be doable on lot (my angry sims want to do it))
    edited August 2019

Witches are not "useless" because half the simmers out there wanted them. You can't get what you want all the time. I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to Realm of Magic, along with countless other people. You know what is really, truly useless? Complaining that you didn't get what you want.

this is funny because I want both :joy: love witches, love driving :joy:
    but I did not expect they'd put punk with witches which is weird choice but will roll with it B) at least i got something of both worlds
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019

I don't care for occults either. However, there's an old Carribean (?) saying: Today for me, tomorrow for you. (or vice versa) ;)

Oh, but good people live in trying situations all the time. It gives them something to strive for. :)

I miss that aspect of the Sims series. In TS4, everyone already lives in a great place, even if they're squatting in a tent and pooping, out in the open, on a self-made toilet. (If it doesn't already have one, that workbench toilet really needs an "Ouch! Splinter!" reaction.)

It's nearly impossible to create grungy, poor environments in TS4. The Fx and set dressing in the various worlds are always pristine. It's as if the local association has prepared for a photoshoot in Better Homes and Garden or something.

A neighborhood, as described by @Simmingal as "Backstreet", is top on my wishlist. It would be game-changing. <3

Simmingal wrote: »
    345?cb=20190509082819

I just want this so bad
    built gasoline row for ts4 but it ain't same because i had to fake motorcycles by using aqua zips instead :joy::tired_face:

In my imagination, the first guy on the left in my signature pic would be poppin' wheelies all. danged. day!
    Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Can you just let people be excited? Do you know how long its been since occult players have gotten their play style? Almost THREE YEARS for fleshed out occults like mermaids.

Meanwhile, you realism players have gotten pets, seasons, freaking laundry, islands living, fame... on and on and on.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I love this, I really hope they will make a pack like this.