Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is Paka'a Uha?!

This Sim...
nDQS1Sc.png
zxQUIDT.png

I thought he was a random, at first, but it was said in another thread that someone else had him in game, so i checked, and he is in every new save, appears at random. He has a femminine frame, and the perky walking style, and he also has always the same traits... (goofball, music lover, child of the ocean, gregarious) .. the only different thing is the hair color in the mermaid form sometimes... is he in your game too?!

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Very interesting. Have yet to see this sim. Might need to check hidden households then as I've yet to see him.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Very pretty sim whoever he is.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I do not have him in my main save. Started a new save, checked all households including the hidden ones and didn't find him, either. Although the new save also didn't have an alien pollinator or a grim reaper, so maybe this merman exists somewhere in potentia in the files and something is needed to trigger his actual creation? Do you still have your original three mermaids?

Or maybe he came with the latest patch. I didn't do that one, because it disables wading in rivers, so I wouldn't have the new sim.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    He's not an hidden household, he's just like a random townies, but I'm pretty sure he's not... I never saw a townie with a custom walk or the femminine frame. @EnkiSchmidt maybe you need to play a bit and let the game generate townies for him to appear.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    He turned up in my new save as a member of one of the arty clubs. The hair threw me and I thought he was a girl at first.
    So... he doesn't seem to be a random, also... it doesn't seem like the hidden mermaids are hidden anymore....
    YWtJnTS.jpg
    and he's with them, while randoms are at the bottom of the list, on a new save started after the patch.
    lezjKIg.jpg
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    It seems like there's some premade mermaids running around, cause I'm seeing your screenshot and Iona and Hekekia and Mahi'ai are also all in my game (and I know they are all mermaids/mermen)
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    So... he doesn't seem to be a random, also... it doesn't seem like the hidden mermaids are hidden anymore....
    YWtJnTS.jpg
    and he's with them, while randoms are at the bottom of the list, on a new save started after the patch.
    lezjKIg.jpg

I have Alex Moyer too!
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Never seen him in my game before but, cute! I hope my sims and him cross paths soon.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    seems this is only the case with a new save, i guess. checked my save (that's been going on for years now) and the mermaids are still hidden households. no sign of the new mermaid yet, either, but we'll see if that changes when i get around to playing someone on the island again (right now, playing a stylist-turned-fashion photographer)

(not really related, but when checking this i noticed the patch seems to have cleared out most of my hidden households. still got grim, pollination technician, one native stray (ja + c&d), 2 of the premade mermaids (nalani is played in my game), 1 ancestor spirit (the one in a romantic relationship with one of my mermaids. the other two were culled), the flower bunny and my newest baby ariel sim (this one's an islander. i'm cool with that but will kind of miss the japanese one that was rolled for me last time)
    (temple guardians, the other strays/native strays and ghost pets, the chalet ghosts and other ghosts all vanished)
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    @SimQueenie9 Alex Moyer is the sim from the game tutorial. At some point she started to be pulled by the game to populate the normal saves too.

I was wondering what was up with he Hekekia dude as he’s shown up in every save of mine since I got IL. Interesting that he’s a merman I never would have pegged that lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited August 2019
    jbtvhv0.jpg
    Huh, I've seen him around and assumed he was a randomly generated sim! Is this a new character of some sort?
    Post edited by Missmagoo2 on
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think that maybe they/them* was added to the game in the last update, because everyone was having some difficulties finding mermaids to interact with. I haven't stumbled across them yet, tho.
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I think that maybe they/them* was added to the game in the last update, because everyone was having some difficulties finding mermaids to interact with. I haven't stumbled across them yet, tho.

I haven’t seen him yet either. Is there a way to make mer more likely to show up? He’s pretty interesting-looking what with the bright blues and red. It’s catching.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2019
    They are in my game too, me and my sim both like them. I just got Island Living and have been playing at Sulani, all mermaids show up in manage households. The save itself isn't new, I have been playing it for about 6 months now.
    Echova wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »

I haven’t seen him yet either. Is there a way to make mer more likely to show up? He’s pretty interesting-looking what with the bright blues and red. It’s catching.

They show up at the spice festival all time for me. I didn't find this one in my regular save anywhere though... Maybe @AngeliqueAdelaide did because she just got the ep... I just saved him from a new save and placed him into my old one.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I kinda want him in my game, but he's not in my households lol
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not in the old save, but I just checked the new one - they exist there as premade, not townie (game hasn't generated anyone yet) and yeah mermaids are no longer hidden.
    It's funny "uha" means fish soup in Russian :D

Edit: Added them to my main save, they are pretty.
  • fox_corpsefox_corpse Posts: 15 Member
    The one and only.
  • SimHappySimHappy Posts: 2 New Member
    He's shown up in every game I've played in the last month or so, almost always as one of the very first sims I meet, regardless of where I am starting them. Heck, I just started a new game in Strangerville and here comes Paka'a right on schedule, 1 minute after leaving my property for the first time. Quite frankly, at this point he feels so much like a stalker that I just had to delete him this run. :P
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    He's in my game at the moment though I've never interracted my sims much with him..
    I honestly thought it was a girl in my sims friends part..
  • xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    i thought he was a girl :D l
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I was so confused about this sim :D . I first saw him in my legacy save as a mixologist in Strangerville. It took me several in-game weeks to realize that he isn't a girl.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Yeah he showed up in my game. My Sim killed him. Long story.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited December 2019
    He is just another premade merman like Ukupanipo Hekekia and the two premade mermaids. He has a female body frame and female hair.

'Uha' means whoa or oof in my language :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted