Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opening the Cheat Box Freezes My Game

QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
If I hit Ctrl-Shift-C to open the cheat box, like I do every time I want to take screenshots and turn headlines off, it freezes my game, and I have to exit. Anybody else?????????????

***Edit: I was able to fix this by removing the following mod from my game: Direct Controls by QuackGames on Mod The Sims.***
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
Post edited by QueenofMyshuno on

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I would suggest posting this in the Answers HQ.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • lizzee6lizzee6 Posts: 4 New Member
    Same here
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited August 2019
    Does the screen turn gray when you open the console? My game pauses now when I open the cheat console. I don't think it's a bug, if that's what's happening.

Edit: Nevermind. Just reread your post.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • tnwxotnwxo Posts: 1 New Member
    I have this issue too. every single time I open the cheat menu I can type in the cheats but when I hit the controls to exit the menu the text bar disappears but the screen is still grayed out. whole game freezes
  • LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    My game temporarilly pause the game when Im using the cheat box now but it doesnt freeze the game for me
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    My Sim was frozen when he was walking his dog yesterday and I opened the cheat box to reset him and then the whole game froze and crashed.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    My game goes gray and pauses when I use the cheat box. Once I escape, it goes back to normal and the cheat works. I would prefer if to go back to the way it was though.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Reminder: Posting this in the Answers HQ instead of here would help the bug fixing team note down the issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes! I was wondering what was going on, if maybe it was a mod I installed? But I couldn't identify what mod was causing it. Are you using any mods, or is it also happening in a vanilla game?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    I had an issue with freezing after I entered a cheat. I fixed it by removing a space in the filename of a mod. There was a space before the ".pkg". I hope that helps someone else. It was something like modded item .pkg.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    See edit to my original post for the mod I identified and removed to fix the issue. It might be caused by a different mod in your game, but if you have this one, take it out.

@lizzee6 @tnwxo @Kimmer @FanPhoria
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    See edit to my original post for the mod I identified and removed to fix the issue. It might be caused by a different mod in your game, but if you have this one, take it out.

@lizzee6 @tnwxo @Kimmer @FanPhoria

I don't use any mods, my game is 100% vanilla.
    I just tried to use bb.moveobjects code and when I typed it in the cheat box my game froze and I couldn't get out any other way but force closing my game. Luckily I saved before opening the cheat box.
    I guess I won't be using the cheat box anymore. I normally only use it for resetting Sims that are frozen or moveobjects, so it's not a big deal.
  • SimmingHughSimmingHugh Posts: 1 New Member
    I login in the forum for the first time to thank you for saving a lot of times for me!!

It was Direct Control mod for me too :D
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

lizzee6 tnwxo Kimmer FanPhoria

I just tried to use bb.moveobjects code and when I typed it in the cheat box my game froze and I couldn't get out any other way but force closing my game. Luckily I saved before opening the cheat box.
    I guess I won't be using the cheat box anymore. I normally only use it for resetting Sims that are frozen or moveobjects, so it's not a big deal.

Seems like it could be a one off thing. Sometimes the game will just freeze and crash randomly. Maybe try again and see if the issue is there. You could try to repair your game on Origin if it still freezes.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Seems like it could be a one off thing. Sometimes the game will just freeze and crash randomly. Maybe try again and see if the issue is there. You could try to repair your game on Origin if it still freezes.

It's happened several times for me, either when I try to reset my Sim or use moveobjects on. I cleared the cache and repaired the game, but it just keeps happening. I don't normally use cheats, other than those two and I rarely need to use them either. I will keep trying, maybe the game will fix itself at some point. I just have to remember to save every time I open the cheat bar.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

It's happened several times for me, either when I try to reset my Sim or use moveobjects on. I cleared the cache and repaired the game, but it just keeps happening. I don't normally use cheats, other than those two and I rarely need to use them either. I will keep trying, maybe the game will fix itself at some point. I just have to remember to save every time I open the cheat bar.

Hmm, then maybe it's buggy or might glitch out for certain systems? I don't know. All I know is that now it pauses the game when you open it so maybe that pause might be glitching put for you.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LadyPenguinLadyPenguin Posts: 21 Member
    > @tnwxo said:
    > I have this issue too. every single time I open the cheat menu I can type in the cheats but when I hit the controls to exit the menu the text bar disappears but the screen is still grayed out. whole game freezes

I'm experiencing this same issue :( Did anyone find a fix?
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    It's a bug and they're working on it to fix it.

I the meanlwhile twistedmexi made a bugfix for it.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/cheat-console-29283302
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    This happening to me for about a week. Glad to hear someone's working on it. Thought it was just me.
  • LadyPenguinLadyPenguin Posts: 21 Member
    > @Madachan88 said:
    > It's a bug and they're working on it to fix it.
    >
    > I the meanlwhile twistedmexi made a bugfix for it.

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with us. I was able to put the DirectControls mod back into my game with this mod. :)
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    In the meantime you can close the cheat box by making sure that the curser from your keyboard is in the cheat box and using Ctrl shift C again.