Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Will You Do In RoM?

So what do you all plan on doing with Realm? I am excited and will obsess with it. Once you buy magic there is no going back to non mage LS!
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

What Will You Do In RoM? 168 votes

Go through the steps of gaining Spellcaster LS
62%
Akl500PCK213honeypooh1267KamioGoldmoldarDerellaEuphorialQueenYunaIceyJaprilroseBlkBarbiegalMartinvlisamwittjonilla1EvilWitch83Writin_RegIsb917Dglbr1969simgirl1010Anyahs 105 votes
Make a Mage from CAS
30%
SimsprocfunKita5399LaBlue0314alexspoom13kippy300PlayerSinger2010AlrynnBloosmooMariefoxprice83JnyxokesterKalaniCoolKaeChan2089DeathCoil13emluckysunshinepajamajam07taydevTheSpeakerpapertongueLissyK9 51 votes
Blog/Stream the life of a mage(s)
0%
Buy the pack and only use CAS/BM items
7%
auroraael14SusanaLeoteMeteoraStormIrdiwenfriendlysimmersmjalletEvie0602Themrsg4422sofasimLady_BallorajadonbakesEllupelluellu 12 votes

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Make a Mage from CAS
    I'll probably do both of the top two choices, but first I'll start a new save and create a Spellcaster to check out the new CAS items.

After that I may go into my vampire legacy save and try to integrate Spellcasters into it somehow.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I'll probably do both of the top two choices, but first I'll start a new save and create a Spellcaster to check out the new CAS items.

After that I may go into my vampire legacy save and try to integrate Spellcasters into it somehow.

By my poll I was more or less meaning the first thing you'd wanna do. I didn't really have much ideas to create 'general' consensuses
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    make some witches.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Make a Mage from CAS
    My first sim will be one I create straight from CAS to see what it is all about, then afterward I'll go through the steps to become one.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I chose the 1st one because I have a sim that needs to go through the steps to gain her powers back. I'm not sure what path she is taking because I need more info on the directions of all of them and what they mean.

After that, I will likely create other mages in CAS to see what other paths are about.
    I'm debating on making a tumblr blog or FB page to chronicle my mage's misadventures
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    As someone who uses the Sims as a source of inspiration, I almost always play out a story with it. In this case, it requires a normal sim to be the one made in CAS.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I might play as that female witch and have her use a love potion on one of my sims.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Make a Mage from CAS
    I usually make a test save to check out everything the pack has to offer, so I’ll probably make one in CAS to move it along. After that I will send a few of my Sims to gain their powers, and add that process to their stories.
    I usually just make a sim occult in CAS but I'm really curious you don't befriend a sage and ask to 'make me a mage' you must do a quest which I'm really curious about
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'll make some spellcasters in CAS to fill certain roles in my story, but my "main" story will have me going through the game and making one of my sims a spellcaster the hard way. I want to experience it all.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,950 Member
    edited August 2019
    i think I will
    1. check out the new residential world lots to see if i want to live there or continue living in FH (see what premades there is etc)
    2. possibly try to build something on vacant lot to get idea of the build/buy items I got with the pack
    3. jump into cas just to see what I have but not create actual household to play because I have some sims ready
    4. go to my existing household and have at least one of my sims try to become a spellcaster of some type
    5. just do everything i want to do
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Make a Mage from CAS
    I’m going to try to follow through with my original plan.

I’ve already made my Sorcerers years ago, built his Chateau and everything is set up. I might move the to Glimmerbrook, but if it doesn’t work out they’ll remain In Windenburg.
    I’m going to cheat the Spellcaster trait in and cas.fulledit then after. Just to see the outfits but i’m Pretty happy with how my sims currently look. And then chest further to level them up faster because at the beginning of the story Kaegan and Daerick are already the most powerful sorcerers to have ever lived

I don’t think i’ll Go to the Realm of Magic, I may peak my head through the portal, shrug, and then leave.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I'll get one of my legacy heirs to stumble across the portal. No going back from there!
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I have a legacy challenge going on, so I’m starting with CAS/BB and will make an active spellcaster later on in the legacy.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I have a legacy challenge going on, so I’m starting with CAS/BB and will make an active spellcaster later on in the legacy.

There's a Bloodline trait where offspring randomly gets Mage LS
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

There's a Bloodline trait where offspring randomly gets Mage LS

That’s very interesting, I’m keeping that in mind. I love randomness in my game!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Make a Mage from CAS
    I'll create a new save with a spellcaster as my only played character while I explore the features of the new pack. As I've been rotating between 12 or so households for a while, and have had to makeover NPCs a lot, it will be wonderful to just worry about one sim for a while.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    That’s very interesting, I’m keeping that in mind. I love randomness in my game!

I assume randomly it says "There is a bloodline trait that'll allow your sim to be a mage later in life" It might affect generations

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Make a Mage from CAS
    Torn between the first two choices. My usual process when a new lifestate is added is to create a sim of that lifestate in CAS as well as an ordinary human sim, who I "obtain" that lifestate with through gameplay. I like seeing what the process is for turning a sim into a vampire / mermaid / spellcaster / whatever, while also playing as that type of sim so I can immediately see what they're capable of.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I have a sim who's been waiting to become a real witch forever, so she'll go through the rituals and everything....but technicaly speaking the very first thing I am gonna do is move her to Glimmerbrook ^^
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I prefer going through the steps to unlock the lifestate for a Sim.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'll probably be playing my main rotational save and plan to use the sims there to explore the pack.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I'll be going through the steps definitely! If I created a witch from the outset and skipped all the steps, I think it would feel a bit like I'd missed out on something? Idk, I'm just really looking forward to having a regular sim 'stumble' across magic and begin learning to use it.
  • AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I'm debating on making a tumblr blog or FB page to chronicle my mage's misadventures

I do something like this just for my own lulz. I make a google doc and set up a bs backstory for my sim. As the story goes on I'll add screenshots, profiles, etc.