Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Happy 1st Anniversary to Nightshade! You have not only shown depth and character in your writing, but you have grown with it as well. Can't wait to read more as your #1 fan, as I'm sure you have lots more for your readers coming up.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    1NZ7eLm.png
    Hey guys! It's super late at night, but I just finished a new chapter and I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post it :joy: Read it here!

Your screenshot skills have gotten SO good. Another amazing chapter. :smiley:

Thank you @TheAemaSimming! But it's not my screenshot skills as much as it is reshade and a TON of editing, I think :joy: I spend way too long perfecting everything.

Well, I think the effort is worth it.
    There was so much motion in the fight scene pics. I could almost imagine the way Amelia's hair was flowing as she was fighting with Onyx!

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this!
    Thank you! I tried really hard to get motion in that, since he was supposed to be swooping in really quickly to pin her. So I though the flowing hair would convey that quick motion well... although it was a biiiig pain to draw! :joy:

No worries!
    EFeGcb2.png
    On August 17th, 2018, I posted the prologue to Nightshade. Today (or rather tonight? this morning?), one year and a whopping 58 chapters later, I am so thankful to all of my wonderful readers. You have inspired me to go far beyond what I ever thought I would. Thank you for one year of Nightshade, and here's to yet another one. Who knows where this journey will take our beloved Onyx and Amelia another year from now? I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to find out. :heart:

You can read the newest chapter, Chapter 58, here.
    (Also: apologies for another text centering issue, the program I use for this did something really weird :neutral:)

Happy 1 year anniversary! I look forward to continuing on this journey as a loyal reader.

But onto my reaction for this chapter.... :# Tiffany. I has no words. You have made me speechless.
    Seriously though I love how you have Tiffany's though process and Orion's thought processes in here. It makes me want to hug Orion in all his squishiness and then turn to Tiffany and spray her in the face with a water sprayer and be like "Bad Girl! This is not how we treat our cute squishes!"

I mean I get why she thinks the way she does after seeing her parents. She has a fear of loss which leads her to believe she has to control everything with an iron fist since she couldn't control her parents breakup as a kid. Or at least this is my thoughts... but then another part of me is like... she also has Onyx and Amelia and they are SO much better examples to emulate. Missed opportunity girlie...

@TheAemaSimming Thank you!! <3 As for the chapter...
    I had to laugh a little at that explanation :joy: But honestly, same here. There's so much conflict building and I want y'all to be left confused and frustrated.

And your thoughts are very true. You know I don't make characters do things for no reason -- even for Tiffany, there is a reason for her behavior. Her situation as a child, with her parents never wanting her and not even wanting each other, you're right. She had nothing in her control, so of course when she finds something she finally can, she will. Her heart has been broken, but then mended together and hardened in an attempt to repair itself. Although Onyx and Amelia are a great example she could (and should) follow... negative influences tend to outweigh the good ones.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    aOZkOci.png
    As an artist, I knew I has to do something extra special (and extra different) than usual and do an art piece to to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Nightshade. Onyx and Amelia mean so much to me, and this past year telling their story has been an amazing experience. Over time it has developed into something far more than just their story alone, so here's to not only Nightshade as a whole, but to the two characters who started it all. They will always have a very special place in my heart :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
    Fe5BzNf.png
    One year ago today, this journey began. I never thought it would turn into something so beautiful and important to me. I never even thought I'd still be writing it now. But I'm only more in love with my story and characters than I was at the beginning. They have inspired me and encouraged me through so many things I've had to overcome in this past year. The characters are far more than meaningless pixels on a screen, and this is more than just a story. They're something that I've poured my heart, soul and endless hours of hard work into. It isn't just their journey, but mine, as I watch myself change and grow along with them. And I know that our journey is far from over. In fact, it has only just begun. :heart:
    37oYgl3.png
    aOZkOci.png
    As an artist, I knew I has to do something extra special (and extra different) than usual and do an art piece to to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Nightshade. Onyx and Amelia mean so much to me, and this past year telling their story has been an amazing experience. Over time it has developed into something far more than just their story alone, so here's to not only Nightshade as a whole, but to the two characters who started it all. They will always have a very special place in my heart :heart:

@squirrelwithacup Beautiful!
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Fe5BzNf.png
    One year ago today, this journey began. I never thought it would turn into something so beautiful and important to me. I never even thought I'd still be writing it now. But I'm only more in love with my story and characters than I was at the beginning. They have inspired me and encouraged me through so many things I've had to overcome in this past year. The characters are far more than meaningless pixels on a screen, and this is more than just a story. They're something that I've poured my heart, soul and endless hours of hard work into. It isn't just their journey, but mine, as I watch myself change and grow along with them. And I know that our journey is far from over. In fact, it has only just begun. :heart:

@squirrelwithacup Love!
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Happy 1st Anniversary to Nightshade! You have not only shown depth and character in your writing, but you have grown with it as well. Can't wait to read more as your #1 fan, as I'm sure you have lots more for your readers coming up.

Thank you @mamasquirrel <3 I can't wait to write more and I do indeed have lots in store for the future...
    37oYgl3.png
    VoiYJod.png
    Hey everyone! I have a new chapter of Nightshade tonight which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    A bitter sweet update. But awesome none the less.
    Superficial stuff first. I love Aurora's dress and purple space suit in this one. The light highlights were awesome!!

OK, now onto the meet of this update. I remembered Aurora's backstory but watching her grow up parent-less was...tough. It does make me curious if most pollinator technicians have similar back stories??
    A bitter sweet update. But awesome none the less.
    Superficial stuff first. I love Aurora's dress and purple space suit in this one. The light highlights were awesome!!

OK, now onto the meet of this update. I remembered Aurora's backstory but watching her grow up parent-less was...tough. It does make me curious if most pollinator technicians have similar back stories??

@TheAemaSimming Thank you :)
    Thanks for compliment on that! As for the rest of the update... yeah, honestly this was a tough chapter for me to write. Even I really felt for her here, so I knew my readers would likely feel the heartstring pulling too. As for that question, it's a good once -- but it made lots of sense to me since, of course, they have no relatives in the game and tend to have a thing for uh... making a nice big family to compensate with whoever they can abduct. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
    VoiYJod.png
    Hey everyone! I have a new chapter of Nightshade tonight which you can read here!

@squirrelwithacup As always, another great chapter. Poor Aurora. :'(
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    VoiYJod.png

@squirrelwithacup As always, another great chapter. Poor Aurora. :'(

@mamasquirrel Thank you <3
    37oYgl3.png
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Hiya just started following this after a recommendation on the forums, so I thought I'd drop by and tell you now much I'd enjoyed reading about your characters and I like your style of writing. I can never write romance well, so I always enjoy reading the work of those who can. Thanks for an entertaining afternoons binge :)
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Hiya just started following this after a recommendation on the forums, so I thought I'd drop by and tell you now much I'd enjoyed reading about your characters and I like your style of writing. I can never write romance well, so I always enjoy reading the work of those who can. Thanks for an entertaining afternoons binge :)

@Bloosmoo Someone recommended me? I'm so honored! <3 Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you'll stick around! Glad you enjoyed it. :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Cc7fPsY.png
    Hey all! I hope you enjoy Chapter 60 of Nightshade, which you can read here!
    37oYgl3.png
    A really cute update. The ending had me laughing....

@TheAemaSimming Poor Onyx and Amelia can't ever get a break... :joy:
    37oYgl3.png

@TheAemaSimming Poor Onyx and Amelia can't ever get a break... :joy:

@squirrelwithacup Here we go!!!!! :o
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Well they took that kind of well didn't they? I mean they didn't ground her or do what my Neighbor did on Saturday Night and run him out of the house with their shovel...surely that's a good sign isn't it? I don't think the problem is how Orion treats Tiffany though, it's the other way around lol
    Well they took that kind of well didn't they? I mean they didn't ground her or do what my Neighbor did on Saturday Night and run him out of the house with their shovel...surely that's a good sign isn't it? I don't think the problem is how Orion treats Tiffany though, it's the other way around lol

:joy: True! They're going to be pretty chill about it in the end, I'm sure. But I agree... I think the problem is the other way around...
    37oYgl3.png
    cqaDRUI.png
    Hey everyone! I have a new chapter today which you can read here! Enjoy!
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup That little stinker Alexander. He better be careful, Brynn might have something up her sleeve too. :D
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Yay we are going to Glimmerbrook!!!!
    @squirrelwithacup That little stinker Alexander. He better be careful, Brynn might have something up her sleeve too. :D

@mamasquirrel True!! :joy:
    Yay we are going to Glimmerbrook!!!!

@Bloosmoo Indeed we are! Can't wait for that.
    37oYgl3.png
    OK, ah! I finally finished reading this... I, ah, fell asleep before finishing this last night 😅... Another great update. I love how you seamlessly bought in the new content. So excited!!