Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Add a link to signature?

I know there's already questions about signatures posted but everyone seems to want to post a picture. I'm trying to link to my blog pages. I tried using code and it just comes out with the code. I've seen tons of people's signatures with clickable links so I know it's possible. Help!

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Oooo! I like this idea. YES YES!! Can this be done? Please???
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Oooo! I like this idea. YES YES!! Can this be done? Please???

I know it's possible I've seen it in people's signatures.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    [url=http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t1858-rosebud-500k-solitaire-by-euphorialqueen][img]http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/15/53/35/04/cards-10.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I used an image in my signature with a link like the code you see above.
    [url=http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t1858-rosebud-500k-solitaire-by-euphorialqueen][img]http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/15/53/35/04/cards-10.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I used an image in my signature with a link like the code you see above.

Mabye it'd be easier if I found a picture then cuz that seems to be the only way I've seen it explained.
    I have no idea how to even make a banner. I've been looking online how to do it and am totally confused. Does nobody know how to put links into signatures?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello :) If you want to add a link to your blog site in your signature, copy the web address of your blog and paste in your signature settings box.
    I will post here what I wrote on another thread about getting a signature.
    To get a signature, go to the preferences wheel button that is the last button on the top middle section of the page. Click that button and then click preferences. On the left hand side of the page, there will be a section about signature settings. Click that, then you can enter into the text box either text or a picture that you would like to show up as your signature.
    I hope that helps :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :) If you want to add a link to your blog site in your signature, copy the web address of your blog and paste in your signature settings box.
    To get a signature, go to the preferences wheel button that is the last button on the top middle section of the page. Click that button and then click preferences. On the left hand side of the page, there will be a section about signature settings. Click that, then you can enter into the text box either text or a picture that you would like to show up as your signature.

I did what you said but it's not a clickable link. What am I doing wrong?
  • BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    @Rainydayz179 if you want just a link, you only have to use this code:
    [ url] link of the site you want [ /url]
    (without the spaces) and you're done!

Hope this helps :)
    [
    Thanks for the response but it seems that I am one of those people who can't add a link or picture to their signature. Apparently they are working on fixing it.
  • BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    Ouch, I had no idea there was even a problem going on
    Hopefully they'll fix everything asap
    [
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    Ouch, I had no idea there was even a problem going on
    Hopefully they'll fix everything asap

I hope so too but not holding my breath.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I hope they fix the signature issues for those who are still having issues with them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2019
    Whenever I try to add even one url, I get the msg that the signature is too long(?) yet I see many signatures with many 'links' and far more characters... I have tried adding the link to a word, or the image with no luck.

Hope this is alright to post here, had google-searched for an answer and found it that way.
    Z7FwSmQ.gif
  • Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member

Hi @rosemow I did this and worked before, but somehow I'm now limited to add links when I save the signature it says I'm for example exceeded 245 characters. How do I get back to adding my URL's again without it taking up the typing character space?
  • Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    Sashasonic wrote: »
    Whenever I try to add even one url, I get the msg that the signature is too long(?) yet I see many signatures with many 'links' and far more characters... I have tried adding the link to a word, or the image with no luck.

Hope this is alright to post here, had google-searched for an answer and found it that way.

@rosemow it's 2020 and I'm still having this problem...
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Orchidah1 wrote: »

Hi @rosemow I did this and worked before, but somehow I'm now limited to add links when I save the signature it says I'm for example exceeded 245 characters. How do I get back to adding my URL's again without it taking up the typing character space?

Hello @Orchidah1
    This link thread refers to the issue
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965364/signature-character-limit-issue
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Locking this thread as it's quite old and we have another topic for the issue in the link @rosemow shared ^ (thanks!)

Let's use that topic for the signature length error.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top