Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teal alien

So, my green alien sim and human, light skinned sim had a baby and the baby is teal. Not the blue swatches in CAS, he is teal. His swatch isnt even in CAS. Anyone else ever had this happen?

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Aliens can be teal, so a hybrid child, like in your save, can be that colour too. If you go into CAS to make a new alien from scratch, you'll see it. The reason you can't see it while trying to edit the hybrid child is because hybrids don't have access to all alien things.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    here's a screenshot of the 9 colors an alien (and half-alien that doesn't get a human skin tone) can be, shown both in the top row and in the 9 different facial presets. you can see that, other than the milky white skin tone, every tone has a dark and a pale version, so white, dark green, light green, dark blue, light blue, dark teal, light teal, dark purple, light purple

16d8538191aa3820290648f1aecc4b49.png

the odd thing to me is that your alien sim had a non-green child
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    When my Sim was abducted he came back preggars and had a lavender child. Nice shade, but it took generations before it was a given to show up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Does the game recognize the baby as a human, or alien? Other than the alien skintones, there are the unnatural skin tones available for human sims, so the baby may have an alien skintone as a human, or an unnatural human skintone as an alien. In either case, the swatch wouldn't show up in CAS.

And yep, had this happen a few times now, lol
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Thanks guys. I see the shade in the photos above. The little boy is a human with teal skin, so hybrid. Thanks again. 😁
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i actually think the lighter teal is probably my favorite color for aliens/hybrids, though most of mine are...basically every other color. and the mauve hair color looks great with that skin tone (when your kid is a teen and can have the 'weird' hair colors).

i think aliens look best with the 'weird' colors, as seen by the trio in this picture, one of whom is light teal with mauve hair
    52e88ac065fbdbacf16e894da69f4600.jpg
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Aliens! Now I want the Get to Work pack.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Aliens are cool. I’m waiting for them to patch in improvements.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • fox_corpsefox_corpse Posts: 15 Member
    Teal aliens ftw
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    My alien and human family had 3 human children. :-(
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited August 2019
    Zoe Patel and her alien boyfriend had a non alien child. Was a bit disapointed but I hope the next kid will be at least a hybrid and it would be grand if the non alien child would have an alien hybrid himself because it might be in his dormant genes.