Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the worlds in the timeline?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Hey, people!
So, i was trying to figure out were each sims 3 worlds would be set, but i am having a little of trouble with some of them.
I know that Twinbrook isbefore Sunset Valley, cuz Notzo should be adult with a child already if Twinbrook was in the same time as SV. Bridgeport had an easter egg in Twinbrook where you could see a big town in the distance. Then, in Bridgeport we can see Twinbrook in the distance.
I dont have any real way to say that, but Twinbrook and Bridgeport are probably contemporaneous. The only relation they may have is Ricky Bailey and Buddy Bailey, but one is a black guy and the other is a white guy. I just pretend that they are adopted brothers, or they have a mixed family, cuz Ricky is kinda tan (although he lives in Bridgeport were all the celebrities probably get artifical tan).

After that we have Sunset Valley (25 years prior Sims 1). Hidden Springs is in the same time period, there is a Alto brother of Nick living in there (its confirmed this time, haha). Riverview is in the same time, although Skip Broke shouldnt be born when Betty and Bob were teenagers, but... maybe he is older than Brandi, but didnt had time to become an elder before dying. Frida is Gunthers sister, and she is in Moonlight Falls. ALtought Titania and Oberon appear in there, they probably have lived longer lives than a normal sim, cuz they are fairies. Frida and her uncle are dead, but not for too many time as the household of Ghosts was later joined by a fortune-telling band manager Helen Hall, who met Samuel at a convention.
Makes sense to think that the University and the World Adventures destinations are all set at the same time as Sunset Valley.

After that we have Aurora Skies, which is set at the same time as Sims 1, and we can see the Beakers living there. There is a guy, from a family know as Mango. They appear in Isla Paradiso and Sunlit Tides, but those are probably a little while after Sims 1. Monte Vista, Dragonvalley, Midnight Hollow, Roaring Heights are also all before Sims 2 started. I can even suggest that Sims 4 could totally fit between Sims 1 and 2 if we deleted the Landgraabs and the Calientes.

Everything that was release in the Sims 2 era belongs to Pleasantview timeframe. Even the Life/Castaway/Pet Stories...

Then we have Barnacle Bay, after Sims 2, cuz we have the Calientes who escaped Pleasantview after they messed everything up.

Obviously, Lunar Lakes and Oasis Landing are all many, many years after all of that.

But, i have no idea where would i fit Starlight Shores and Appaloosa Plains. Anyone have suggestions? Help hahaha
I know that it doesnt actually mean anything cuz some stuff are a mess, like the Landgraabs from Sunset Valley not matching the Landgraabs from Bluewater Village, but i love all of the characters from the sims series.

edit: (ops, i should have posted this in the General Discussions, sorry)

Comments

• theorignalsimtheorignalsim Posts: 5 New Member
    Appaloosa is a mystery because there are no connections that I know of (I am sure there are some easter eggs somewhere, just haven't found them. I consider Appaloosa or Starlight around the same time frame, but vastly different places. This post led me on a fun journey through the wiki. I have played so many games (console etc) it is fun to connect the dots in the sims universe. I am now curious about which worlds I can move my households between and be on the right timeline.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Appaloosa is a mystery because there are no connections that I know of (I am sure there are some easter eggs somewhere, just haven't found them. I consider Appaloosa or Starlight around the same time frame, but vastly different places. This post led me on a fun journey through the wiki. I have played so many games (console etc) it is fun to connect the dots in the sims universe. I am now curious about which worlds I can move my households between and be on the right timeline.

I am curious because i am playing kinda like you said, but with the whole town hahaha I am still in the Twinbrook-Bridgeport timeframe, but i have played 2 weeks in both of them using the travelers mod. I noticed that many of the townies and npcs from bridport share their surnames with people from Starlight Shores, so... idk, maybe they could be in the same timeframe making those sims brothers/cousins or maybe its in the future, making those sims their parents.

I am almost getting to the Sunset Valley time frame, i know that because Notzo should be adult with a kid already. Thats how i am guiding myself, but there are other conecctions to SV. There is a townie in Bridgeport named Alexander French, he could possibly be the father of the French women that lives in the Single Moms household in SV... If you'd like i can share with you some of the things i found out about the surnames/connections between those towns.

About Appaloosa and Starlight... Maybe tehy could have returned to a more simple timeline after all the worlds they have made for the S3 being so different, maybe its just in the SV time frame. IDK, i have to look deeply for more easter eggs tho.
  • kr3nt0czkr3nt0cz Posts: 8 New Member
    OMG :D that is so intresting :O have you found any more easter eggs or any evidence of where in the timeline Apaloosa Plains & Starlight Shores are located?? I really would like to try and play the game in the "correct" timeline to see what could happen ;p
    kr3nt0cz wrote: »
    OMG :D that is so intresting :O have you found any more easter eggs or any evidence of where in the timeline Apaloosa Plains & Starlight Shores are located?? I really would like to try and play the game in the "correct" timeline to see what could happen ;p

@kr3nt0cz Hey, unfortunatelly not... There are some families that can be found in other worlds, but there is no way telling how they are related to one another. If you have time and curiosity, i'd like to ask you to try to find any clues and share here, maybe i am just blind for some obvious hints hahaha
    The only new thing i think i found is about the relation of Twinbrook and Bridgeport. I used to say that Buddy Bailey and Ricky Bailey are adopted brothers or something like that, but after reading some objects descriptions on Sims 4 i have a huge feeling that Buddy Bailei and Pattina Knack had a son, and that Ricky is their son... That would explain why he's white. Also, there is the Bailey-Moon family in Sims 4, i know that Sims 4 is in an alternate timeline, but i like to think that all of those are related.
    @Karon he's their son?! :D That's actually quite possible XD Well I can try and find some things I already tried to find anything since yesterday bcs this topic is so amazing :/ unfortunetaly I found nothing as of yet
    @Karon could you please help me understand this: https ://i.redd.it/2bijw7mw0eiz.png

I don't know much about the console version's of the game and I need some clarification on why they are where they are in the timeline ;p
    Ofc if you don't mind helping me out :D
    @Karon could you please help me understand this: https ://i.redd.it/2bijw7mw0eiz.png

I don't know much about the console version's of the game and I need some clarification on why they are where they are in the timeline ;p
    Ofc if you don't mind helping me out :D

@kr3nt0cz Yes, i can help you.
    2bijw7mw0eiz.png

This picture is wrong, in my opinion.
    - Medieval is set in... Medieval times. I believe the only mention that links it to the modern worlds is Lord Demetrius Landegraab from the land of Tredony, and his son Dacian Landegraab.
    - Sims 3 is kinda all over the place, but i explained it a bit in the first post i made on this thread.
    - Sims 1 PC/Console is here.
    - Bustin Out console is set during Sims 1. There's a lot of premades from SIms 1. The Pleasants, Newbie, Bachelor, Goth, and there is also Malcolm Landgraab, his wife Mom Landgraab and his two kids Mimi and Dudley (you can download them from the gallery in SIms 4).
    - Bustin Out handheld is set a little bit after the console version, in the same town from that game and Sims 1 called SimValley/WillVille. There are no links through premades, i think.
    - The Urbz is probably after the Bustin Out handheld, but before Sims 2. There's a handheld Sims 2 character called Mambo Loa in this game and she looks a little bit younger.
    - Sims 2 console is probably here. Don Lothario, Dina Caliente, Nina Caliente, Patrizio Monty, Isabella Monty, and Goopy GilsCarbo all appear as characters in certain locations. They all look younger than in Sims 2 PC
    - Sims 2 PC i think you know well, but he's after all of those i mentioned.
    - Barnacle Bay is the only one i know to be set after Sims 2.
    - Starlight Shores could be after Sims 2 too, but i can't say that with certainty. There is a family there called Worthington (not very common name), composed by Melanie and her grandson Girbits (his mother Laulerl is a homeless sim). Not being a very common name makes me think that they are obviously related to Frances J. Worthington III, a pre-made college student studying Economics in his Freshman year at La Fiesta Tech. He could be both Girbits father or Girbits son depending in which place it goes on the timeline.
    - Sims 4, Oasis Landing and Lunar Lakes are all set in alternate timelines.
    OMG @Karon :D That is so much more helpful :D
    @Karon

Okay so I just checked a few things, and I'm highly convinced that Starlight Shores is in the same timeframe as Bridgeport & Twinbrooke.

Here's why:

Girbits Worthington (or should we say Francis J. Worthington I - because that is his real name) lives with his grandma as a teen in Starlight Shores.

During time time of SV he is already an adult with a kid (who would be named: Francis J. Worthington II)

During the time of The Sims 1 Girbits is already an elder (although there's not such thing as elder in The Sims 1 haha), and his child Francis II would be an adult.

Somewhere between The Sims 1 & The Sims 2 - Girbits most likely dies & his child Francis II starts his family and has a child - Franics J. Worthington III (which can be seen in La Fiesta Tech).

During The Sims: University we do not know if Francis II is dead, but it is likely that he's not and just stayed in the main neighboarhood while Francis III went the University.

Sorry for any typos I'm doing this on my small a** phone XDDD
    Also I found small easter egg - ther's a character called Sir Percival J. Worthington IV in MySims Kingdom & Agents. And he's a piggy <3
    @Karon

When it comes to Appaloosa Plains I have a little bit more complicated theory (as if my Starlight Shores theory wasn't complicated enough XDDD)

So this town is either in the same time frame as Barancle Bay (most likely) or the same as Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragonville, Midnight Hallow, Roaring Heights & Lucky Palms. But I would go for the Barancle Bay here's why:

So while researching any info about families in Appaloosa Plains one caught my attention bcs of their name - The Parrott family. Which turns out they appear in Appaloosa Plains, Sunlit Tides as well as Island Paradise.

Let's start with Gregory Parrott who is a townie of Isla Paradiso. His bio says that he's only on a trip to the islands and he's on his way to Sunlit Tides to visit his cousins.

The cousins are Clementine, Ramona & Lucretia Parrott (as well as their 4th sister Beverly that is dead at the start of the game). There's also an NPC called Carissa Parrott that works as a firefighter.

My theory is that Carissa is a mother of Gregory and that she's working there away from home XDD why?? Because they both share blond hair, brown eyes, similar lips, they both wear sunglasses as well as they both have exact same skin tone.

So back to the Parrott sisters from Sunlit Tides their connection with the Parrott family from Appaloosa Plains is not clear. But my theory is that they and Kanoa and his brother Kale are cousins.

So Parrott family from Appaloosa Plains bio says that they moved from Hawaii, which in The Sims universe would be represented by cities of Sunlit Tides & Island Paradise. The family consist of Kanoa Parrott, Jazelyn Parrott-Shepard and their children Ethan Parrott and not yet born child because Jazelyn is pregnant with Kanoa (even tho he has affair with two women smh). There's also Kanoa's brother - Kale who is a NPC and works as a firefighter (which is another connection with Carissa Parrott who's also a firefighter but back in Sunlit Tides).

So as I said I think that Kanoa & Kale Parrott are cousins of Parrott triplets from Sunlit Tides (who are cousins of Gregory Parrott from Isla Paradiso XDDD).

But there's more I think that the Shepard family (the family of Jazelyn) comes from island descent as well. Why?? She has two sisters - Alani (who is a townie) and Hailey Shepard. They all have dark skintone, brown hair as well as eyes. The name Alani sounds so tropical to me (XDD) also when you look at her everyday outfit it is very summer-ish for living in such country town as Appaloosa Plains.

So as I said earlier I think this town might be in the same time frame as Barancle Bay bcs they moved from Hawaii (probably Sunlit Tides or Isla Paradiso - which comes earlier in the timeline).

Sorry for my crappy explanation I hope you understand them.
    @Karon I also have a question 😅 what is the connection between Wolff family in SV to the one in Moonlight Falls + connection of Cornelia Goth-Crumplebottom & Agnes Crumplebottom with the Crumplebottom sisters from Moonlight Falls?? :D because I have a feeling this town might not be in the sams time frame as SV, but I just cannot find any info that would have helped me determined where is it located on a timeline :D
    @kr3nt0cz I'm really sorry that I disappeared. I didn't receive any notifications that you mentioned me, friend.
    I agree with you that Starlight Shores is before Sunset Valley, but I also think its set after Twinbrook alongside Bridgeport... Like 25 years or so.
    To me, Moonlight Falls also happens before Sunset Valley. The Crumplebottom witches could be Agnes and Cornelias aunts, while the Goths there most likely died no long before Moonlight Falls (because Gunther's older sister is there, but I don't think she's too much older than him). We have Titania and Oberon Summerdream, which normally would make us think its set during Sims 1 or between 1 and 2, but they are fairies in Sims 3, and that occult has a longer lifespan than the regular sims. They are younger than in Sims 2 (in appearance and behaviour) although its swapped whos the older of the two. haha
    I don't know how the Wolffs could be connected, maybe Thornton is one of the heirs, probably.
    @Karon

When it comes to Appaloosa Plains I have a little bit more complicated theory (as if my Starlight Shores theory wasn't complicated enough XDDD)

So this town is either in the same time frame as Barancle Bay (most likely) or the same as Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragonville, Midnight Hallow, Roaring Heights & Lucky Palms. But I would go for the Barancle Bay here's why:

So while researching any info about families in Appaloosa Plains one caught my attention bcs of their name - The Parrott family. Which turns out they appear in Appaloosa Plains, Sunlit Tides as well as Island Paradise.

Let's start with Gregory Parrott who is a townie of Isla Paradiso. His bio says that he's only on a trip to the islands and he's on his way to Sunlit Tides to visit his cousins.

The cousins are Clementine, Ramona & Lucretia Parrott (as well as their 4th sister Beverly that is dead at the start of the game). There's also an NPC called Carissa Parrott that works as a firefighter.

My theory is that Carissa is a mother of Gregory and that she's working there away from home XDD why?? Because they both share blond hair, brown eyes, similar lips, they both wear sunglasses as well as they both have exact same skin tone.

So back to the Parrott sisters from Sunlit Tides their connection with the Parrott family from Appaloosa Plains is not clear. But my theory is that they and Kanoa and his brother Kale are cousins.

So Parrott family from Appaloosa Plains bio says that they moved from Hawaii, which in The Sims universe would be represented by cities of Sunlit Tides & Island Paradise. The family consist of Kanoa Parrott, Jazelyn Parrott-Shepard and their children Ethan Parrott and not yet born child because Jazelyn is pregnant with Kanoa (even tho he has affair with two women smh). There's also Kanoa's brother - Kale who is a NPC and works as a firefighter (which is another connection with Carissa Parrott who's also a firefighter but back in Sunlit Tides).

So as I said I think that Kanoa & Kale Parrott are cousins of Parrott triplets from Sunlit Tides (who are cousins of Gregory Parrott from Isla Paradiso XDDD).

But there's more I think that the Shepard family (the family of Jazelyn) comes from island descent as well. Why?? She has two sisters - Alani (who is a townie) and Hailey Shepard. They all have dark skintone, brown hair as well as eyes. The name Alani sounds so tropical to me (XDD) also when you look at her everyday outfit it is very summer-ish for living in such country town as Appaloosa Plains.

So as I said earlier I think this town might be in the same time frame as Barancle Bay bcs they moved from Hawaii (probably Sunlit Tides or Isla Paradiso - which comes earlier in the timeline).

Sorry for my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ explanation I hope you understand them.

I'll read this with more attention later, I'm a little busy right now, but I think you are up to something hehe