Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Argh this annoys me.

Can't our sims not...like walk ALL the way home that takes over two hours when I leave from a neighbor's house instead of going to a loading screen...my sim decides to walk all the WAY home (which to my annoyance because I wanted her to be home at a certain hour) and she takes two hours walking home...I HATE THAT!

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    What I mostly do to avoid loosing time when when travelling is hit the 'M' key. This takes you directly into the world screen to select a destination.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Zoom out a little and pick quick travel is what I do when I don't want to watch them go all the way there (often in Windenburg). Sometimes I like to see them go there.. it depends on how big the hood is and if I'm up for watching.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Okay thank you two so much!
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Yeah, the M key works fine but I still wish "go home" wouldn't mean really like six sim hour walk all through the neighborhoods :I
    origin ID: adduapina
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    That's why I play vampires... Can't live without "fly here as a bat" anymore.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    Yeah, the M key works fine but I still wish "go home" wouldn't mean really like six sim hour walk all through the neighborhoods :I

I agree.

I don't like using the M key because say your sim is in another neighbourhood than they are now going - there are so many clicks then, and I'm already dealing with a loading screen. I rather use the home icon so they go straight home on their own.

I'm pretty sure it used to be quick, like the sim would vanish asap when going somewhere (or maybe that was just rabbit hole jobs?) but after some complained about that it got changed so sims walk off screen instead of just disappear and in Windenburg in particular this takes hours.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2019

Then just use the phone to travel back home. I like the option to click "go home" and watch the sim slowly walk through the hoods, personally. :)
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    That's the exact reason I never travel any way other than the M key.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I use the phone to travel, which is much quicker but is also probably the same mechanic as using M, only with a different way of accessing it. It's handy if the Sim isn't alone though because then I can just zap everyone home (and dump anyone I don't need) without having them ALL plod off the map at varying speeds.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Good to see all these tips I never knew about. My getaround for long walks home is to switch control to someone else in the household who is already home (if that applies) and once switched to them, click on "bring ____ here" for the Sim who would otherwise take that winding walk home, and they seem to teleport to the front of the lot in short order. Wouldn't work going home to an empty house, though.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    If the location your sims wants to go to (ie: home) is fairly close, try to Shift-Click on where you want them to be (ie: porch, front yard, etc), choose the "teleport here" option from the menu and your sim should be there pretty much instantaneously. Just make sure your sims is standing before doing it as teleporting a sitting sim results in the sim being "reset" and then they walk.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    jooxis wrote: »

Then just use the phone to travel back home. I like the option to click "go home" and watch the sim slowly walk through the hoods, personally. :)

It's nice to know that someone likes it :)
    For me personally - even though we have the possibility to use phone and M key - "go home" would ideally mean teleporting home and if you wanted to walk, you could have an option like clicking the sim and choosing "walk home" there. But you can't please everyone, right? :>

Good to see all these tips I never knew about. My getaround for long walks home is to switch control to someone else in the household who is already home (if that applies) and once switched to them, click on "bring ____ here" for the Sim who would otherwise take that winding walk home, and they seem to teleport to the front of the lot in short order. Wouldn't work going home to an empty house, though.
    This is what I also usually do if there's someone home.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I ALWAYS use the phone to travel. I constantly forget short keys so the phone is my go to. I can't stand when sims decide to walk home and it's one of the things I dislike about IL even if you still have your lot loaded it takes for ever to get back to it depending where you are on the "open water".
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm always annoyed with myself when I tell my Sims to 'go home' instead of telling them to travel to their home, for this exact reason.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yes, they take forever when they 'walk home'. Especially in Windenburg and even in the city. I didn't discover the M key until...well, this summer actually so I have always just used the phone to travel unless they are standing right next to a residential or a community lot I like them to go to. And I mean, standing right next to it! Not two doors down or something like that.