Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there certain things you do when starting a new game?

2...Next

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Delete any premade sims I don't want, and add in lots that are not pre-built into the worlds (restaurants, spas, etc). And I also make sure to put the "Lost Garden of Healing" from Romantic Garden Stuff somewhere, since I like to use the Wishing Well occasionally, but I rarely want it on my home lot.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't start new games often. My last one though I replaced a lot of the maxis lots with versions of them that I have edited more to my liking.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I made a base template of the worlds that I start with so I don't have to set it all up again. Then I save it as....and name the save different from the template.

That's exactly what I do. I have all my favorite lots, some I've created, some from creators like Lilsimsie, all my favorite townies, everything's just so. Then I load it, do a save-as and play it without having to do all the setup first.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Depends on what mood I'm in, typically though I'll make the new main family play a bit then place a few builds and start makeovers of certain premades before setting up the calendar with my usual holidays.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    Set: autonomy, aging, and sound just in case I forget later

Enter: cas.fulleditmode cheat to view the traits of all game generated NPCs/townies. If the game has generated sims that all look the same, are of the same age group, are wearing outfits that look as if they’ve dressed on the dark without a clue, etc… accessing full edit mode allows one to modify as one sees fit.

Edited to simplify the first two tips and to include this last tip:

Renovate Maxis built lots I like to make them into a more complete, useable space for all sims, whether I play them or not. Example: one of my favorite community lots to send sims to is the Maxis built Salty Paws Saloon* which I’ve renovated to include two quaint bed & breakfast type rooms on the upper floor and a small commercial kitchen on the main floor (using Dine Out GP). The renovated venue serves as a great location to bring dates, hangout with a group of sims, or enjoy a family outing (Dine Out’s place mats for kids and the kid-at-heart sim to color on is a nice touch—I think~ coloring is considered a fun activity, can’t quite remember).
    *Available with Cats & Dogs EP
    Post edited by hali on