Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you get Realm Of Magic just for stuff, not gameplay?

ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
I don’t use supernatural elements in my Sims games (even in previous iterations), so I wouldn’t use magic in my game. However, the build/CAS aspects look AMAZING. Also, I hear that you only get magic if you go through the door, otherwise things stay the same.

So now I’m thinking about getting the pack just for the aesthetics, rather than gameplay.

Is anyone else thinking this or, or would you only get a game pack for the gameplay, not just the ‘stuff’?
Post edited by ThePinkBookGirl on

Comments

• miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I did this when vampires came out, my only regret was that I didn’t use the world as often as I thought I would.

This time around I’m feeling more interested in the supernatural so I’ll be playing with spellcasters. Even if I wasn’t, I’d still get the pack for Glimmerbrook and all the cas/build/buy. It’s really up to you if you mind paying 20 USD for those things. I own every pack, so my answer is always yes, but that’s just me! 🙂
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I basically bought Vampires because I liked the CAS and BB objects! I don't really use supernaturals in my game either... but I will probably use magic with RoM.

So yes, I would buy A game pack just for the stuff, as I did for Vampires (1/2 price, however). BUT for Realm of Magic I'll be utilizing all aspects, most likely :) Not in every save, but I'll have some magical families for sure.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Though I’m a fan of Harry Potter, I really don’t see this pack’s gameplay being applicable with the way I play because I prefer realism. However, I want any new world they wanna offer and I can always find a chair or table that I’ll like in every pack sooooo if I did get this pack, that would be the reason.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I don't really play with Supernaturals, so I basically did this with Vampires (other than one play through). I'll do the same with Witches.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Did it for vampires, so of course I will. I'm dying to see if spiral stairs are included in this pack or update. Plz plz plz let it be so.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love supernatural gameplay, but even if I didn't I would still at least take a look at what else it had to offer before ruling it out. My main sim is a vampire anyway so I won't be able to play with magic as much as I would have liked to. Regardless of the theme, if a pack has something I want and can use in my own gameplay (e.g. CAS, BB, a career, world etc.) then I will likely get it at some point - probably when it's on sale. There hasn't been a pack yet that I haven't found something in to enjoy, even if the theme wouldn't have been my first choice. I love stuff!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Not this pack because I really am interested in the magical aspect, but when I'll eventually get Vampires and Jungle Adventure, it's going to be for CAS/BB only since I have zero interest in the main gameplay.
    If you really love the CAS/BB and think they'd be worth the GP price, then go for it. If you don't think it's worth the 20$, wait for a sale and get it then :)

I tend to wait for sales on every pack so it makes that decision a bit easier for packs I don't 100% want for all their aspects.
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I buy every pack for CAS and build & buy objects. I just like having access to everything avaliable. I probably will try out the magical gameplay once and then never touch it again.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I kinda did this with vampires. I do use them occasionally but I use the furniture a lot more than the life state. I would suggest waiting until we know the full content of the pack, then deciding.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I've bought other packs for this so I would buy this one for this with no problem, but I'm interested in supernatural stuff so it's not a thing for me here.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I definitely would! Especially if there really is lot of stuff that I like, and that magic is not probably gonna be all over the place, why not? :)

I'm getting this for both though.. but imagined that if I were in that kind of situation what would I do.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have bought Stuff Packs for b&b when I was not interested in the gameplay so for me it would be perfectly ok to buy a Game Pack too. I would however ask around first if there were any elements that would not suit me first.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have one vampire so far and I don't play him that often. I like having the world and objects. For RoM, I'm undecided right now. I'm a little behind because I've been busy. I will say that I am enjoying StrangerVille and that's not my normal playstyle either. I'm playing it through but then I'll just keep it for the small town and any characters that I add. It's one of those situations in which I might get it if the mood strikes me. It's not my regular playstyle though so I don't know how much I would use it.

There's plenty of realism for me in the game though. I'm also someone who likes having all of the worlds and lot spaces but we'll see.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I don’t use supernatural elements in my Sims games (even in previous iterations), so I wouldn’t use magic in my game. However, the build/CAS aspects look AMAZING. Also, I hear that you only get magic if you go through the door, otherwise things stay the same.

So now I’m thinking about getting the pack just for the aesthetics, rather than gameplay.

Is anyone else thinking this or, or would you only get a game pack for the gameplay, not just the ‘stuff’?
    I'm only getting this pack for the world Glimmerbrook and the new hairstyles. It also helps the premades are attractive.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I did that for vampires actually so yes.
    Also it looks like they won't be invasive ... so if I didn't want to play them (and I do) I'd be really happy to know that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I'm planning to get it for the new world and the cas and build buy stuff. I don't like playing supernatural sims, but I buy all the packs anyways because there's always something in the pack that I want.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    As long as the people who buy a pack specifically about vampires and spellcasters don't complain that spellcasters and vampires now show up in their town then buy away lol
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Oh yes Watcher please don't turn ROM into another nerf war. I buy packs for stuff but I expect the purpose of the pack to show up here and there. You pays your money and you takes your chances.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited August 2019
    personally I only buy packs for gameplay so if you don't care for magic at all I'd say nah
    as far as ''stuff'' goes there is always cc to use rather than buy packs for it

maybe if you really need the world but even then sort of odd to me to buy pack that has no gameplay of interest
    would look for big discount at least

(though personally I am in love with everything about this pack I've seen up to now but I am occult player so :joy: )
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited August 2019
    My opinion is buying it for the CAS/BM items and ignoring magic strikes me as nuts. It's like buying a 60$ game and throwing the disc away to use the casing
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    With this one, I am playing with witches, but I have bought other packs for the bb/cas content. Laundry day is an example. I've never once put a washer/dryer or even a clothesline or washing tub in the game yet. But I liked the cas and bb.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Are you kidding? I LOVE Supernatural elements! The very first pack I bought was Vampires! If I didn't, it would be for the CAS, and maybe even just one item (right now, that would probably be the girl in yellow's hairstyle), like it was with Seasons. I bought Seasons for the man bun, and ended up loving everything in it anyways.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I mostly buy packs for the CAS stuff, but there have been a few exceptions, and I think this pack is going to be one of them.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I buy packs mostly for CAS stuff as well. I eventually use gameplay out of curiosity and enjoy it, but CAS is a priority.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    I buy packs mostly for CAS stuff as well. I eventually use gameplay out of curiosity and enjoy it, but CAS is a priority.

I'm one of those people too, I love some good CAS content.
    So now I’m thinking about getting the pack just for the aesthetics, rather than gameplay. Is anyone else thinking this or, or would you only get a game pack for the gameplay, not just the ‘stuff’?

Regardless of my first impressions of a pack, I usually buy them anyway to complete my collection and to have a first hand experience of what the pack is all about. I've done it a few times where I'll dismiss a pack before playing it only to realize at a later point that I enjoy it and use that content more frequently than expected. I don't mind buying a pack for content that isn't gameplay related. :)

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.