Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    No it’s to late
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    No it’s to late
    Wow @PrincipleOfEntropy ! What an excellent breakdown of everything. I'm hoping it gives perspective to those who know little about all of the games in comparison to one another and gives reason to why simmers want an overhaul of the system.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    No it’s to late
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    Hey, @PrincipleOfEntropy thanks for posting that! I've posted one or two trait comparisons around, but it's nice to see more and laid out like that for more people to see! I don't even think it's impossible for them to put it in the game now, even if they don't tweak emotions. The problem is whether or not they'll do it.

I really think fixing the traits/personality problem will help extend the fun of the game and I really wish more people would realize it. People shouldn't be asking for more updates and packs a week after the release of a pack. They don't realize that more stuff doesn't make the game fun.

(Side note, that's why I'm worried about Realm of Magic and University, IL was pretty disappointing and nothing says they aren't falling into a pattern of graphics over game play).

I agree entirely - they can make as many packs as they want for this game but that doesn't change the core. If they keep shovelling content onto what for many is a boring base game with dull Sims, nothing changes, it stays boring. They're not going to change anytime soon as Andrew Wilson has already stated that 2020 will be the biggest year yet in terms of packs released.

My concern is that it's already too late to do anything about the issues I point out. A base game overhaul at this stage would be too big a task, it would have a huge knock on effect and they'd have to change the way all of the DLC content works with the game as well.

The best part is that people were pointing out some of these issues before the game was released. I've said it before but Honeywell, a Sims news blogger, had three concerns prior to release:

1 - The game is superficial, graphics over gameplay, shallow set dressing
    2 - The game is unstable and buggy (fears brought up over the Olympus model)
    3 - Many restrictions on what we can do/create

Concerns-Still-Valid.jpg

A lot of long time Simmers are still complaining about these three issues 5 years later. People only recently have been complaining about how Island Living is graphics over gameplay but it was the same back during City Living's release, when people complained that they felt they were paying for a world and not much actual gameplay. There's concerns about bugs every single day and there's a lot of restrictions on gameplay, particularly with build mode. The game says it's more powerful than ever but it blatantly isn't - it's more convenient but that doesn't make it more powerful. The Sims 3 is clearly the most powerful simply due to create a style and the colour wheel being present. What's more powerful - being able to design a home of any style, any colour and any texture in every aspect, from floors to ceilings to furniture, or being able to drag a room?

If that isn't a big enough set of reasons to do away with any hope then I don't know what is.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Lets keep things on topic please folks.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    No it’s to late
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I wonder though how sad, empty, or bad someones life is that thinks this is not a great game.
    Hahaha. Thanks for a laugh though. Not laughing the "it's a great game" (subjective taste; I'm fine with preference), but how provocative the beginning bit of your comment sounds. Though, thanks nevertheless for making my day with the resorted ad hominem :D
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    All these ideas should be in that section " Ideas"shouldn't they? Grant said that someone does check there and has compiled a huge list. There may be some that really impress them. I doubt if they would read a thread like this as they haven't the time.
  • MrsMorse1MrsMorse1 Posts: 19 Member
    No it’s to late
    I lost most faith when I made my unflirty sim flirty with a simple shower all the time. If I can induce emotion with simple interaction what is the point of all the system? Maybe nostalgia for I havent played sims 3 in a long time but I rememeber emotions and happines being harder to control, yes? (Sorry for my english)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    *delete* Sorry, this went too far off topic
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2019
    No it’s to late
    I enjoy this game everyday - so hope is not a part of it. It is a great game and tons of fun. I don't get this need hope stuff. i wish all of my life was as fun as this game - really. I wonder though how sad, empty, or bad someones life is that thinks this is not a great game. Feel sad for you folks I really do - and the odd thing is i am fighting just to live and this game keeps me so happy all the time. Every new edition to it, every coming adventure and place to go that gets me away from reality is a Godsend for me. Like I am so excited for September 10th to get here and the new gp. I can hardly contain my joy and ideas and look forward to the new adventures in the game coupled with the many many things already happening in my game.

But anyway - hope you all find what you are looking for or think you are missing as i just cannot imagine what. Happy simming.

Thanks for the insult. You are correct in the aspect that you DO NOT understand the expectation of significant gameplay features that many of others may want. For me it is telling when I find my other favorite franchise (Story of Seasons) has more significant gameplay features than Sims 4. You go back to enjoying the empty mindless gameplay that satisfies yourself. Personally, I will continue to keep my expectations and pressure the Dev team to deliver.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No it’s to late
    MrsMorse1 wrote: »
    I lost most faith when I made my unflirty sim flirty with a simple shower all the time. If I can induce emotion with simple interaction what is the point of all the system? Maybe nostalgia for I havent played sims 3 in a long time but I rememeber emotions and happines being harder to control, yes? (Sorry for my english)
    Yes, you needed interactions with other sims or things happening to them to induce emotions and reactions in the previous games. The emotion system would actually work great for me if they’d tied it to that in Sims 4, because as such the emotions are a nice idea to work with. The auras being attached to simple objects spoil it for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I enjoy this game everyday - so hope is not a part of it. It is a great game and tons of fun. I don't get this need hope stuff. i wish all of my life was as fun as this game - really. I wonder though how sad, empty, or bad someones life is that thinks this is not a great game. Feel sad for you folks I really do - and the odd thing is i am fighting just to live and this game keeps me so happy all the time. Every new edition to it, every coming adventure and place to go that gets me away from reality is a Godsend for me. Like I am so excited for September 10th to get here and the new gp. I can hardly contain my joy and ideas and look forward to the new adventures in the game coupled with the many many things already happening in my game.

But anyway - hope you all find what you are looking for or think you are missing as i just cannot imagine what. Happy simming.

I’m sure you didn’t mean to write this as cruel as it reads. I recall you were highly critical of The Sims 4 before the switch flipped with the toddler update.

Many people are still waiting for their equivalent of what that toddler update was for you, and their lives have nothing to do with the quality of EA’s work.

I’m sure you didn’t mean to write this as cruel as it reads. I recall you were highly critical of The Sims 4 before the switch flipped with the toddler update.

Many people are still waiting for their equivalent of what that toddler update was for you, and their lives have nothing to do with the quality of EA’s work.

This has nothing to do with toddlers or two years ago. Read what I said. I fight every day just to stay alive and this game makes it easier for me - it make life bearable when you are fighting the worse cancer one can have. Like I said I cannot imagine what someone could have that was worse and not be able to see there is value in a game that can take you out of many horrible minutes - make you laugh and just take you out of the moment. I just do not get all these post thinking it is about them and other things. It is about me, my fight to live and just getting me through every day. You have no idea apparently. I definitely owe no one an apology for being ill and doing nothing to create my illness. Yeah cancer is cruel - you have no idea - I live it every day.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    No it’s to late

This has nothing to do with toddlers or two years ago. Read what I said. I fight every day just to stay alive and this game makes it easier for me - it make life bearable when you are fighting the worse cancer one can have. Like I said I cannot imagine what someone could have that was worse and not be able to see there is value in a game that can take you out of many horrible minutes - make you laugh and just take you out of the moment. I just do not get all these post thinking it is about them and other things. It is about me, my fight to live and just getting me through every day. You have no idea apparently. I definitely owe no one an apology for being ill and doing nothing to create my illness. Yeah cancer is cruel - you have no idea - I live it every day.

I hope you get well and have a long and very happy life. I can not defend a game anymore that only milks the public. I wonder if you know the main feature of why someone bought the stuff pack just released on the 13th has it's main feature broken? The main feature of why so many bought the pack (the career) doesn't even work. That's just sloppy. I can't continue to throw money away like that. I won't and why should anyone when the other games are just as fun if not more than this one and a main feature of a pack actually works.

If this was a one off for this iteration I could let it pass, but it's not. Over and over and over again for TS4 this game releases packs that are broken and I don't mean small glitches here or there, many times the very reason someone buys something is for the main features advertised and those features broken and not even working right out of the gate. I'm sorry, I won't and can't support such sloppy games like that.

Even if a free give away I won't turn a blind eye to sloppy programming. And to all people it should matter to you since you have told all of us you are a shareholder. None of us would know that if you didn't tell us, and so I wonder what will be done about the quality of this game because this just doesn't happen now and then but each and every pack.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2019
    No it’s to late

Don't assume others don't understand your fight. Having multiple family members fighting cancer over the years, including recently my 2 year old niece, I do understand. I also understand not being satisfied with a favorite game franchise. I lost my faith in the dev team, and they have yet to prove my assumptions about their work on the game as incorrect. Just waiting for many bugs to be fixed and more significant gameplay features that I believe the game needs to be implemented.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    No it’s to late
    Idontrcall wrote: »

Yeah. I do. So do many other people here.

Good luck with your fight. I think, however, that stating that you cannot imagine how sad, empty or bad someone's life is that can't think this is a great game speaks more about your outlook than theirs.

This is not a thread nor the forum to go on about our private lives so I'm very sorry if my post crosses that line, but this is very hurtful to me.

Well said.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    edited September 2019
    No it’s to late

Post edited by LordOfTendons on
    edited August 2019
    No it’s to late
    I just do not get all these post thinking it is about them and other things. It is about me, my fight to live and just getting me through every day. You have no idea apparently. I definitely owe no one an apology for being ill and doing nothing to create my illness. Yeah cancer is cruel - you have no idea - I live it every day.
    You be you, me be I. I'm not gonna actively consciously think about someone's who's suffering&fighting over illness has a fond for a game, when critizing a product. It's irrational and unrealistic to expect that, unless we're reminded or put onto that attention. I still won't care just because somebody earn an entertainment, where I spend money on - don't find same joy and instead get disappointment/screwed over by a corporation.

You like great, it - why take issue if i or someone doesn't like and find hope in this game? You complain about others "thinking it is about them", but you're hypocritically just did it contradiction in the same comment. While I do genuinely wish you luck and strength to win over these horrible disease that kill thousands of people, don't just make it about you by using your situation as a pass card to be passively aggressive because of your severe health condition. Defend your opinion, but don't last out onto people for a product dissatisfaction. Defending a video game like it's a child from harms away over your death body is psychologically unhealthy and pointless. Resorting to insults to imply they're wrong of their subjective overall perception of the game is unethical, nor help the discussion to go to your favor. Respect is earned, not given. Heck, I can think of derogatory ways I could insult dog owners, but I wouldn't do it just because dogs suck.

This has nothing to do with toddlers or two years ago.
    The point was not what content was missing, but the double standard you're entailing. Assuming the comment of you ever expressing dismay for absent toddler is factual; I don't suppose you stop your voice of disapproval for absent toddlers, just to spontaneously think about someone that had to go through medically as you do right now? Nor I think you do restrain filing a complaint of any service/product outside gaming you been displeased, just because there's one in a million of customers that's fond of but are ill.

It's no due to disrespect, but I think we can all agree resorting to civil and smart discussion is for the better for everyone. May we please get back on topic and stop this non-sensible life biography statements, of people we don't know in person of their life? Defame those that do deserve such remarks who do horribly things to people beyond ethical comprehension.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited August 2019
    No it’s to late
    Sigh, here will another thread will be closed. Can't entirely blame anyone, because well... allowing the attitude slide may result in said repetitive behavior. People do need to know that making patronizing remarks over as silly as a video game preference shouldn't be tolerated. That includes comments with the bus running over TS3 players directly, because often times I see these not receiving moderating penalty. I digress, but still - let's keep tame. Again, there are bigger problems that should be judge than who enjoy or doesn't enjoy TS4. Enough with lectures, back on topic or leave it at that until somebody joins in to say their hope.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Simburian wrote: »

What a nasty post. Is it all about the money for you? Your own remarks were uncalled for too. You don't know what extreme medicines can do to you and your state of mind. I do.

Its about money when I buy a game that isn't complete, absolutely. I'm a consumer and expect that my hard earned money be spent on something up to standard. Go look at the base game launch and the buggy, barren GTW expansion and then come for me.

Again, my own mother suffered cancer and I DO know how that can be. That was included in my previous posts. I'm not making "uncalled for" remarks, because the topic at hand is if we have hope for the game or not (which I don't and haven't past its first 2 years).
    I pointed out that health conditions don't excuse rudeness or are relevant to the topic, and they're not. I myself suffer from disabilities but I won't use that as an excuse to insult people because I like the game. Not at all. If I'm rude, thats just me being rude.

Not only that, that member was fine once they got their family content and seemingly forgot that she was once providing feedback in this very same section and critiquing the game's lack of features. We are doing no different. Congrats to her for loving the game, but you don't get to insult others or be condescending because of your own reasons outside the game. Maybe in the Sims, but not in the real world.

OT: Theres too much broken and buggy content that hasn't been fixed, so I don't have hope and would like to move on.

Did you not buy anything after the first two years then? If you didn't I would consider her feelings about the game more relevant. I'm enjoying it with all the packs installed myself. It's improving all the time.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

Did you not buy anything after the first two years then? If you didn't I would consider her feelings about the game more relevant. I'm enjoying it with all the packs installed myself. It's improving all the time.

I don't have any faith in them to keep giving them money, though I DO try the game when any significant update on it releases. For example, toddlers were done splendidly and I commend the team for that ...but they were way late, and should've been base game inclusions like terrain tools, pools and ghosts. I bought a laptop at the time for Sims 4 and GTW, but the nerfing of aliens while not improving the broken retail system made me weary, and so I waited for reviews before buying any packs. Dine Out STILL being broken is inexcusable, but by giving them money I'm supporting their shoddy work. I'd like to avoid encouraging the debs that really don't care.
    edited August 2019
    I don’t know i hope so

I don't have any faith in them to keep giving them money, though I DO try the game when any significant update on it releases. For example, toddlers were done splendidly and I commend the team for that ...but they were way late, and should've been base game inclusions like terrain tools, pools and ghosts. I bought a laptop at the time for Sims 4 and GTW, but the nerfing of aliens while not improving the broken retail system made me weary, and so I waited for reviews before buying any packs. Dine Out STILL being broken is inexcusable, but by giving them money I'm supporting their shoddy work. I'd like to avoid encouraging the debs that really don't care.

Wasn't Dine Out patched recently? I found it very easy for my family to dine out a week ago. That was in my own restaurant though!

It does seem, to me anyway, that EA lost their confidence after SimCity5 and the online version, didn't think the game would be successful and not last long enough to enlarge it. These free Patches and additions had to come with a diminished staff and at intervals. That staff has made a success of it against all odds and many Simmers find it eminently playable, perhaps, surprisingly, because of it's greater simplicity and Gallery.

Hopefully there is more to come with the added staff members and new Senior Producer.