Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic trailer drops tomorrow!

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I like the Harry Potter vibe. Not a fan of the hairstyles and goth like boots though.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    I literally screamed when I saw the floating world. I thought some of y'all were just setting your expectations too high to hope for that, but no they... really did it
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited August 2019
    THERE IS SOME SMALL CREATURES THAT LOOK LIKE DRAGONS AND SOME BIRB?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited August 2019
    ALSO PUNK CLOTHES THERE IS SO MANY THINGS FORUMS BEEN TALKING ABOUT LATELY IM SCREAMING sorry ill try to chill im too excited take me to mental hospital ALSO DUELS
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    2 worlds then? The forest and the magical world?
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

Yep, two worlds! Though perhaps that means that, unless the portal is available in buydebug, all sims may have to travel to the new world to be able to access it.
    edited August 2019

Yep, two worlds! Though perhaps that means that, unless the portal is available in buydebug, all sims may have to travel to the new world to be able to access it.

either way i am happy i really needed nature based world and witchy town and it has both :bawling::heart: and the witchy town FLOATS
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Okay so that cauldron is “blood of the enemy, forcefully taken” huge. I know it’s unlikely but it’d be cool to have something like that as a new way to resurrect sims.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Not sure the floating islands count as their own world; they remind me more of the hidden lots in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, just more interactive. But PLUM, does it look awesome! :o<3 And the forest world is called Glimmerbrook - I love it!
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited August 2019
    The punk vibe is an odd choice to marry with magic, not a fan of that. But I'm loving the three-way cauldron thing, the wands, the brooms.

Hoping it will be as good as what the trailer suggests. Magic is one of my favorite themes. I'm hoping there's a detailed and developed skill along with a perk menu like in vampires, and loooots of fun spells.

Lastly, I hope it ties in with Pets and Weather (extra spells for those who have those packs).
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Just read that we can summon a familiar, fairy, or dragon. This is amazing!! I hope that incorporated pets as possible familiars.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    The punk vibe is an odd choice to marry with magic, not a fan of that. But I'm loving the three-way cauldron thing, the wands, the brooms.

Hoping it will be as good as what the trailer suggests. Magic is one of my favorite themes. I'm hoping there's a detailed and developed skill along with a perk menu like in vampires, and loooots of fun spells.

Lastly, I hope it ties in with Pets and Weather (extra spells for those who have those packs).

I'm not a fan of the punk style either, however, it'll be fun for some of my teens if I get the pack. Speaking of, I haven't seen teens or kids in that trailer ?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I just watched the trailer and read the article. I am already eager to know more about this pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I'm kind of concerned cause this is pretty darn soon after IP, so I really hope that's enough development time. orz.

Different packs, different teams. It's not like they start working on a new pack as soon as the latest one is finished.

They plan miles ahead.

It better be good. I liked almost -except strangerville- every gamepack so far, so I think it will be fine for what it is.

GamePacks are the core of The Sims 4, they don't have to rely on EP's to keep this game standing up since they are more lackluster release after release.

Game Packs are the best thing to happen to the franchise let alone the game.

No filler, all killer in most cases. I’ve always found that EPs have a theme, and then they don’t have enough budget to execute that theme, so that add a bunch of random stuff to fill the EP up, but the core of the Expansion is meh.

With Game Packs, the audience doesn’t except anything other than the core theme, and so developers only have to worry about developing the core theme and don’t have to really worry about the “size” of the pack.

Jungle Adventure, for example, is a bigger pack that Parenthood, but Parenthood adds A lot of stuff that enhances the core gameplay anyway, so they both achieved their goal.

I hope that makes sense.

I agree, it indeed has to do with focus I guess. I'd rather have them focus on one specific thing and make it very good, rather than covering a massive theme and kinda don't know really what to focus on.

I mean, if they would have made a Supernatural EP, no way the lifestates would have been this detailed. You might argue that in previous versions they were able to execute them in EP's just fine, but knowing the Sims 4: the more they are trying to shoehorn into EP's, the less focus = more shallow.

I'd love to have maybe at least one or two more gamepacks related to occults down the line. If they really have ''years of content'' planned out, I would love to see a fairies Gamepack too, and maybe werewolves. (Personally I don't really care about werewolves though, I just don't really see how they potentially could dedicate a complete GP to only werewolves.)

Also still hoping for Plumbots to make a return! Maybe they can include it with a potential University EP within a ''Technology'' major or whatever. (Not expecting it though!).
    edited August 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No witch hats though? :o

I also noticed that!

And I have read over on Twitter that there are in fact no new hats, beards etc, so I wonder if we can make the ''traditional'' witch/wizard instead of the modern ones without the stereotypical ''witches'' attire.

EDIT:

Found the tweet.

''Broom like bat, New hair styles no new facial hair, no new hats, no capes or cloaks. We do have quite a bit of accessories to show off your Spellcaster tho.''
    edited August 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I also noticed that!

And I have read over on Twitter that there are in fact no new hats, beards etc, so I wonder if we can make the ''traditional'' witch/wizard instead of the modern ones without the stereotypical ''witches'' attire.

EDIT:

Found the tweet.

''Broom like bat, New hair styles no new facial hair, no new hats, no capes or cloaks. We do have quite a bit of accessories to show off your Spellcaster tho.''

I kind of feel like they just silently realized there is witch costume in spooky stuff and saw the hell about to happen :sweat_smile: could have still made few more variations though

would have loved long traditional robes for my older witches
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    It is a shame about the cloaks, they always look fantastic. But I think this looks pretty interesting. And I agree that GPs have generally been the best packs in TS4. Being able to remember them, I love the punk look, very London.

In fact the trailer left me thinking that it's a dreadful shame that they didn't have the option in Strangerville to have an incident to start off the mystery and oddness in the town, rather than walk into it having already happened. Even if they did some sort of time jump and said you had moved forward 10 years afterwards and had to resolve it. That way those who don't like the idea of having even a portion of strangeness in the town could have avoided it.

I like that RoM is opt-in. And I will be opting in.
    edited August 2019

I also noticed that!

EDIT:

Found the tweet.

I don't really mind. I'm actually very excited about the mods and CC clothes/accessories that will come out and make it richer. But I guess it's too bad for people who don't use CC, if they wanted traditional mages/witches.

Also, I haven't seen what the spells and potions are but there seems to be plenty, and I'm glad they focused on those instead of lots of clothes and hairstyles (I'm sure they'll be tons of CC beards and robes and witch hats) and little gameplay (which mods and CC can't really properly compensate for).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What is there to do in the town beside practice spells? Does anyone have any information about that?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What is there to do in the town beside practice spells? Does anyone have any information about that?

According to the official description of features:
    Discover the Neighborhood – An unreal world awaits your Sim, and when you stumble upon the secret portal, there are mystical discoveries at every turn. Interact with familiars, cast spells on Sims around you, and concoct potions for friends and enemies.

This could mean there's nothing. But I'm hoping there are quests from the vendors like in Makin' Magic, to obtain certain special ingredients:
    -"I have this item i need you to deliver to John". Then you look for John on the lot and come back to the vendor.
    -"Help me fight off this sleeping curse on the town" -> Your sim would assist with that and then get an item as a reward.

I hope they did this cause they did talk about 3 mages around town. I'm hoping they have some role?
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    This could mean there's nothing. But I'm hoping there are quests from the vendors like in Makin' Magic, to obtain certain special ingredients:
    -"I have this item i need you to deliver to John". Then you look for John on the lot and come back to the vendor.
    -"Help me fight off this sleeping curse on the town" -> Your sim would assist with that and then get an item as a reward.

I hope they did this cause they did talk about 3 mages around town. I'm hoping they have some role?

They do talk about quests on the website, I'm surprised no one else pointed that out.
    Wardrobe for Wizardry

Creating spells is great and all, but don’t forget about dressing the part. To get your Sim in the magic-making spirit, they can don cloaks, celestial dresses, accessories, and more to blend in with other spellcasters or stand out among the crowd. What will your Sim be wearing when they master the recipe for love potion or when they finish that challenging quest? The choice is yours!
    Learn the Craft – Study up on classic teachings, get sorcerous experts to train your Sim, and become a Spellcaster by completing a quest. Collect and cast spells to make Sims fight, conjure food, or even turn others into objects. Create drinkable potions to make Sims fall in love, remove unwanted curses, or live forever!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm kind of concerned cause this is pretty darn soon after IP, so I really hope that's enough development time. orz.

Different packs, different teams. It's not like they start working on a new pack as soon as the latest one is finished.

They plan miles ahead.

It better be good. I liked almost -except strangerville- every gamepack so far, so I think it will be fine for what it is.

GamePacks are the core of The Sims 4, they don't have to rely on EP's to keep this game standing up since they are more lackluster release after release.

No filler, all killer in most cases. I’ve always found that EPs have a theme, and then they don’t have enough budget to execute that theme, so that add a bunch of random stuff to fill the EP up, but the core of the Expansion is meh.

With Game Packs, the audience doesn’t except anything other than the core theme, and so developers only have to worry about developing the core theme and don’t have to really worry about the “size” of the pack.

Jungle Adventure, for example, is a bigger pack that Parenthood, but Parenthood adds A lot of stuff that enhances the core gameplay anyway, so they both achieved their goal.

I hope that makes sense.

I agree, it indeed has to do with focus I guess. I'd rather have them focus on one specific thing and make it very good, rather than covering a massive theme and kinda don't know really what to focus on.

I mean, if they would have made a Supernatural EP, no way the lifestates would have been this detailed. You might argue that in previous versions they were able to execute them in EP's just fine, but knowing the Sims 4: the more they are trying to shoehorn into EP's, the less focus = more shallow.

I'd love to have maybe at least one or two more gamepacks related to occults down the line. If they really have ''years of content'' planned out, I would love to see a fairies Gamepack too, and maybe werewolves. (Personally I don't really care about werewolves though, I just don't really see how they potentially could dedicate a complete GP to only werewolves.)

Also still hoping for Plumbots to make a return! Maybe they can include it with a potential University EP within a ''Technology'' major or whatever. (Not expecting it though!).
    If game packs are the best thing to happen to the franchise, why do I usually get a “you can’t compare EP’s to GP’s” whenever I point out how much bigger and broader and more in depth WA was than JA as an argument? I don’t accept this thesis as truth just because Sims 4 does EP’s poorly. GP’s are smaller and therefore will always offer less than EP’s. GP’s indeed turn out better for Sims 4 than EP’s for whatever reason. The reason can’t be focus though.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited August 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

They plan miles ahead.

I hope that makes sense.

If game packs are the best thing to happen to the franchise, why do I usually get a “you can’t compare EP’s to GP’s” whenever I point out how much bigger and broader and more in depth WA was than JA as an argument? I don’t accept this thesis as truth just because Sims 4 does EP’s poorly. GP’s are smaller and therefore will always offer less than EP’s. GP’s indeed turn out better for Sims 4 than EP’s for whatever reason. The reason can’t be focus though.

No idea. Ask people who are saying that.

I think it has to do with focus. The Sims 4 EP's seem to have less budget compared to previous series.. EA has made statements in the past where they say that EP's are for a broader theme but less in depth. And what's lacking in Sims 4? Depth.

GP's cover a smaller theme and go more in depth, that's why they tend to be better imo.

If we take Realm Of Magic as an example; they choose to only focus on witches with the budget they had, so they are more in depth.

If we got a Supernatural EP, I doubt they would be as detailed, since they had to make other supernatural life states for that as well, also a new world.

In the most ideal situation GP's were not needed and the EP's were detailed and as good as in previous series, but that's not going to happen I'm afraid.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

They plan miles ahead.

I hope that makes sense.

Because Game Packs are not the equivalent of an EP? I'm not sure why you would compare them as equals. They are on a lower budget and price tier. Game Packs in Sims 4 are the equivalent of Sims 2 and Sims 3's Stuff Pack tier, which were both $20 US. Game Packs are also $20 US. So when looking at a pack to determine what a player gets for their money, if we're comparing iterations, then we look at Stuff Packs. This is why, I'm sure, that Game Packs are so well received. What used to be mostly superficial "stuff" for the cost is now an entire cohesive, and yes, focused, gameplay pack. They do a single, smaller theme and commit to it. I know that when I was playing Sims 2 I definitely thought Stuff Packs were priced way too high, no matter how much I loved the game. Half the cost of an EP for objects and clothes? Eep! That's expensive. And if you look at Sims 3's EPs, they are pretty packed, so again, paying half that price for flavor fillers is not a decent value. But not all Game Packs are equal either. (Nor are Stuff Packs for that matter.) Some go above and beyond and seem to have a lot more going for them. It's kind of confusing because Sims 4's EPs generally seem to have trouble filling out and, save for a few, just don't feel like EPs. They feel incomplete. At least, to me they do. But that's definitely a common complaint.

Of course, in the end, value is always up to the individual player and what they think is worth their money.

But in regards to the Realm of Magic trailer, they didn't really show too much of the actual magic and spellcasting, but the additional information so far sounds like this one is even bigger than Vampires, albeit similar in some ways. But we won't know for sure until more details come out.
    #Team Occult