Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    Seriously, this world looks better than Sulani. And DANG Sulani looks good! Hopefully that did not come at the expense of gameplay.

I don’t know why you keep spamming this on multiple threads....

I can't help it :s I'm too excited.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    As always, I am wanting to know lot sizes and placements of them in the world and their surrounding views. I have to figure out which one I want to move my witch to!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    Trying to plan this out...
    2JBe7qY.png
    I actually like Glimmerbrook it's a nice rustic neighborhood, I might move my sorcerers there I currently have them living alone on the island of Windenburg. Twin brothers, Kaegan and Daerick, Kaegan is The Younger brother, whose Light Magic, Fire based, Enchantments, Potions. Daerick is Older, He's dark Magic and Water Based, Summoning, and Curses.
    both are Immortal they've been alive since the Roman Empire, are well skilled in Major Prophecy.

They can have this neighborhood all to themselves. Hopefully that lot in the far upper corner is at least a 40x30 Lot. Live off the grid, Start a farm, they'll have all they need right here, and when the time comes when His twin turns to Darkness, and becomes a Daemon (Vampire), Kaegan will Banish Daerick from Glimmerbrook (The Realm of Light) to Forgotten Hollow (The Realm of Darkness). But Glimmerbrook just might be the place where Kaegan and Vivian's Daughter, and Her future (Human) husband and Sorcerer Grandkids, will come to spend Magical Summer Vacations & camping trips, and Christmas. I don't know if I'll start a community under them tho... I think all of Glimmerbrook will belong to My sorcerer as Private Property.

It's strange GlimmerBrook looks more like a Magical Place than the Realm of Magic

But... what to do with The Realm of Magic? It looks like those buildings are shells, in the "retail district," there's the House of Magic, and then there's the Greenhouse looking building... I Would assume there's at least two Lots in the realm of Magic where I can... Bb.enable free build. and modify the world a little bit to my liking.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Only one buildable lot in the Realm @MasonGamer - (the mansion) I think Romeo confirmed on Twitter.

I’m excited to try and renovate it, and of course see what amazing things the community can make of it 🙂
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

GB kind of resembles Granite Falls with the pine trees.

In my head canon/internal map, I definitely think Glimmerbrook is located somewhere roughly between or adjacent to Willow Creek and Granite Falls.
    edited August 2019
    I think the neighborhood looks gorgeous. But with only five lots, my biggest question is where the Sages live. One of the guru tweets made it sound like they live in separate houses on three of the five Glimmerbrook lots. However, a different guru tweet made it sound like they all live in separate sections of the big house in the magic realm.

If it's the former, I wonder whether it would be possible to move the Sages all together into one house in Glimmerbrook without messing up their interactions. Because if not, having only one vacant lot and one empty premade house to work with for my own sims would be completely inadequate for my purposes.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Seems like a good place for my vampire to wreak havoc at.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Or, to put it another way... perhaps what the gurus meant is that they all live in separate houses in Glimmerbrook, but can just be typically found in the big house in the magic realm? And if that's the case, would you still be able to find them in the magic realm and interact with them properly if you move them out altogether/make them homeless, as long as you do not delete them?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Do you realise this might actually be the first world released after seasons to have snow in winter.

Looks pretty from the little glimpse we had so far.

I'm just hoping it doesn't have as much snow as Brindleton Bay from Cats and Dogs. But I think - well, hope - that Glimmerbrook is going to be one of those magical winter looking type places. Because why wouldn't it.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Only one buildable lot in the Realm @MasonGamer - (the mansion) I think Romeo confirmed on Twitter.

I’m excited to try and renovate it, and of course see what amazing things the community can make of it 🙂

I thought it was confirmed that there were no buildable lots in the realm and that you had to use the freebuild cheat to do anything to it?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

I thought it was confirmed that there were no buildable lots in the realm and that you had to use the freebuild cheat to do anything to it?

True

edited August 2019
    Ok, after going back and rereading the guru tweets, it sounds like the Sages are all found in the magic realm. My understanding is that the five Glimmerbrook lots are as follows:

1 vacant lot
    1 empty starter home
    1 venue (type currently unspecified)
    1 existing premade household (a couple)
    1 existing premade household (a family)

I can't wait to see the actual map!
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I think the neighborhood looks gorgeous. But with only five lots, my biggest question is where the Sages live. One of the guru tweets made it sound like they live in separate houses on three of the five Glimmerbrook lots. However, a different guru tweet made it sound like they all live in separate sections of the big house in the magic realm.

If it's the former, I wonder whether it would be possible to move the Sages all together into one house in Glimmerbrook without messing up their interactions. Because if not, having only one vacant lot and one empty premade house to work with for my own sims would be completely inadequate for my purposes.

@Amapola76 I think the Sages live in the Realm of Magic. I'm pretty sure the lady in the black dress & key necklace is a Sage & she was there (or appeared there quickly).
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited August 2019
    I need to find the tweet again, but from what I remember the Sages are in different parts of the house. That’s why it’s not good to edit it, BUT if you do the Sages will just end up walking around outside.
    Found it:
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    We are getting spoiled with beautiful worlds this year
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I need to find the tweet again, but from what I remember the Sages are in different parts of the house. That’s why it’s not good to edit it, BUT if you do the Sages will just end up walking around outside.
    Found it:

Oh my goodness! Call me crazy, but do you know what tweet reads like to me??

Maybe they are working on coding for us to make our own apartments/townhomes! (sims staying in their own areas) I wonder! I want to hope! Maybe????!!!!
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member

Yep, that’s what I was trying to say 😁

Just one lot that is able to be built on using the cheat.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Do you realise this might actually be the first world released after seasons to have snow in winter.

Looks pretty from the little glimpse we had so far.

FINALLY, geez. I'm so tired of worlds where it doesn't snow.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

GB kind of resembles Granite Falls with the pine trees.

In my head canon/internal map, I definitely think Glimmerbrook is located somewhere roughly between or adjacent to Willow Creek and Granite Falls.

Mine as well. I cant wait to see where @keylimepiesims puts it on their amazing map.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/877093/im-creating-a-map-of-every-sims-town-city-ever-wip-updated-4-16/p1
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    it looks like the portal is on the far back of the picture with the two cherry trees.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2019
    When I first saw this world, the first thing I was thinking that it looks like it is part of Granite Falls.

2JBe7qY.png

Deep Woods from Granite Falls.

hermitshouse.jpg

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    When I first saw this world, the first thing I was thinking that it looks like it is part of Granite Falls.

2JBe7qY.png

Deep Woods from Granite Falls.

hermitshouse.jpg

Me too! And I don't have Outdoor Retreat, despite loving camping and the woods and stuff, so this'll be a real treat for me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I find it a pain in the wand I gotta travel to this area then pan camera all over creation to find the mystical portal to skylands.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players