Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Will Not Ride Preferred Vehicle

RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hi again.
So my Sim will not ride her bike. She's Eco-Friendly, but insists on taking the firetruck everywhere. I set the bike to her preferred vehicle, but that didn't do anything. I just clicked on the bike and clicked Go To Community Lot and she still took the firetruck!
And while I'm on the subject, her personality traits are Brave, Loves The Outdoors, Vegetarian, Eco-Friendly and Frugal. She is obviously not a Kleptomaniac, yet whenever she's putting out fires and rescuing trapped Sims, she has the option to Take. It's confusing and a little annoying...Can anyone help?
Be safe.
Post edited by RiverBlossom on

Comments

• Options
    Okay, so I stuck the firetruck in the Family Inventory. I thought for sure that would help. But no, she still uses that.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Is the bike glitched? What happens if you buy your sim another one and make that the preferred vehicle instead? It's possible that the firetruck is automatically more preferred for firefighters, in which case it seems like the only thing you could do is stash it in the personal inventory of a different sim.

As for the option to swipe items from houses where she's putting out fires, that's built into the profession. Private investigators have the same option, although I think it might be called "take for 'evidence'" or something like that. It has nothing to do with traits.
  • Options
    Thank you. :)
    Be safe.