Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New lighting shader coming with ROM patch?

anyone notice the lighting/shadow difference in the new trailer? they seemed to have rid of the ugly bluish hue tone on the shadows that makes the world looks cartoony and bright.

as we all know, this cyan shadows is what makes the sims themselves look bright and visible in poorly lit areas.

i dunno but this could be just some sort of trailer magic and faux things that EA tends to do with them trailers.

realm-6.jpgrealm-5.jpg

=======================================================================================

and it looks very similar to this lighting mod i use to do the same work. this aint a reshade preset but rather it modifies the in game shader setting in the game files.

Vanilla:
tumblr_piimdvnzpQ1u6881mo2_r1_1280.png

Modded:
tumblr_piimdvnzpQ1u6881mo1_r1_1280.png

Link: https://wrixles.tumblr.com/post/180326882591/no-blu-lighting-modification-a-continuation

y'all got bread?

Comments

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I seem to recall another shadow fix that edited the world files, and you had to install an override version of each world to make it work.

That said, I would assume they've removed the blue shadow for this new world only. Romeo was talking about a unique day/night cycle they created for the hidden realm area, so it's possible.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    trailers should be taken with a pinch of salt, there's a professional video team who probably color corrected it to look pleasing as possible.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    My screenshots look more like the trailer ones than yours. Is it your display?
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Remember, there is a notice at the bottom of the trailer that says "not all images appear in-game." They may use effects that don't reflect actual game play.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I noticed that @jadonbakes and wondered what it could be. The lighting could be the answer. I thought though it may be just some of the walking and talking again. The gurus seem to be answering quite a few questions, perhaps we will find out.