Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you decide when enough is enough?

124...Next

Comments

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’ve always wanted to try playing a family that has just one kid but then I’m like they need a sibling and next thing they have four kids.😆 I just live having big families, it keeps things lively and there is lots to do, sometimes too much but it’s fun. I also like it because I love seeing how the genetics plays out amongst them.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    It kinda depends on what I want from that save. I'm currently playing a rotational save where the original sim had 9 children and I rotate through their families. I only let most of them have one pregnancy each because I don't want to have to figure out what to do with too many spares.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    My sims live out their lives from birth to death but I don't make big families - I tend to play a lot of sim but they won't be related so i never have issues when one of my sims finds the one they want to grow old with. I control aging so I play super long games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Well it depends. Most of my sims have one, but a couple of the base game sims have 6 to 7 kids because I enjoy playing with genetics.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I usually have two or three. I have to think what I want the kids to do in the future. Do they have a role in my game? Will I play with them later? If not, they'd just be taking up space and aren't worth including.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Whenever you become overwhelmed. I become overwhelmed with three sims, so single parent it is!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I’d say 3 kids. It used to be 2, but my sims tend to have twins a lot, making them have 3 kids in 2 births.

Update: I successfully raised 4 kids from birth to young adulthood in one of my saves. It was actually really fun!

Update: One of the 4 kids had 5 kids. I mean... at least I’m not bored.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Max for my Sim couples is two kids. I don't play legacies so neither child is deemed an "heir" to carry on the family whatever. Their two children will usually produce two children each which will give my primary couple at least four grandchildren to get to know as they all age. Family events and parties keep them all in touch with one another as well as their friends.

I try to keep the ages somewhat balanced for my own sanity because I really don't like playing babies or toddlers (or pets). So, each family will have a teen and a child or a child and a toddler. Any more than two kids and I start losing interest. Twins are not something I look forward to.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Two chldren per couple, and I usually control that so each family has a girl and a boy. The first child is a surprise and if it's a boy/girl then the second one will always be a girl/boy because I use the food and music cheats. I am such a control freak when it comes to my worlds and the population balance. I play rotationally with aging off and age up my Sims based on the story I created for each save. But that doesn't mean the game doesn't throw some suprises at me from time to time in spite of my controlling ways. It doesn't happen very often but it's always funny, and I deal with it. LOL
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Honestly enough kids are when they start replacing the entire town.
    I had a save where I had a sim who tried to have as many kids as possible with everyone, It got to the point where non family were rare. Like one time I invited a stranger who I have never seen before that was walking by into his house and used the burst of flirty power and the romance tab wasn't there. Turns out that was my sim's grandchild, yikes
    EMrBkJP.png