Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How High are Your Realm of Magic Expectations?

Are you expecting Realm of Magic to be worse than Dine Out's bugs, better than Parenthood AND Vampires, or somewhere in the middle?
funny-gifs20.gif

How High are Your Realm of Magic Expectations? 220 votes

I Expect Realm of Magic to be the Best of All Packs Yet!
12%
Derellajonilla1SimburianAnmirlasimgirl1010Ceres_MeirionascoeddetermigWinterKhirinsmurf45blueFoxrox77NotSoLuckyWolfNatekittymeowAdria22kristenleighwhiteLaruhellBrinnSheepilingKeyenpeydee 28 votes
I Expect Realm of Magic to be the Best Game Pack Yet!
26%
bshag4lvOneAdorkableGirlGoldmoldarSimsprocfunrudy8292rudolphaAbsafraginlootlyPhierakittendanacnbrettAlrynnMariefoxprice83MagdaleenaAeroprincess87Jnyxsimfriend1968stilljustme2AngelluluKalaniCoolDeathCoil13mjallet 59 votes
I Expect Realm of Magic to be good, but not the Best of Anything.
54%
Akl500PCK213icmnfrshJeanBluefairy286Kita5399LaBlue0314alexspoom13alan650111IceyJBlkBarbiegalaelias24HowGreatThouArtBittersweetlisamwittoveronIsb917BrokenChaos69Bloosmooelanorbreton 119 votes
I Expect Realm of Magic to be bad, but notj the Worst of Anything.
4%
babajaynemock68AmaraStormMikado-chanSavvySimmieAineOldeseadoggeAHolyToiletVivi_WillowTreeSimDestroyer 10 votes
I Expect Realm of Magic to be the Worst Game Pack Yet!
1%
simlish1friendlysimmersChadSims2 3 votes
I Expect Realm of Magic to be the Worst of All Packs Yet!
0%
Bagoas77 1 vote

Comments

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Kids got the end of the stick yet again (literally only TS1 had magic user kids) but the rest sounds alright I guess
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I don't think anything can beat my Vampires, but I suspect it could come in second place. Vampires is my favorite of all packs, so it's still a place of high honor, lol. We'll see when I know more.
    #Team Occult
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I expect it to tie Vampires, but I'm not sure it will actually beat it.

Of course, I don't have all the game packs yet, so it's not a fair comparison.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've learned not to have any expectations. When you "expect" it to be a certain way based on past iterations, you ultimately are either glad it's not the same, or mad it's not the same. lol.

Sims 4 has surprised me at times with it's spin on the sims, and it's also disappointed me at times. I won't know where it ranks for me until I play it for a while.

Ask me if I think it's going to be a good addition to my game. My answer to that is yes, definitely.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019
    I mean....Magic Town is still better than TS4's magic world, imo. This is a GP sure...but I kind of wish it weren't. Feels like IL and RoM switched places. THIS one should have had a bigger magic world with more things other than just shops and one house/castle.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I think it's going to be like any other pack-- Some weird category of CC will need to have a batch fix in S4S, I won't be able to edit that one lot the way I want, and I already know I'm not getting the number of neighborhood lots I really want. I mean I appreciate the magic and all but I really need some lots.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I'm hyped, but keeping my expectations in check, especially given all we've learned. Everything looks great, but kids were shafted again and we don't know quite how deep the gameplay elements go just yet. I'm very excited to learn more.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »
    I'm hyped, but keeping my expectations in check, especially given all we've learned. Everything looks great, but kids were shafted again and we don't know quite how deep the gameplay elements go just yet. I'm very excited to learn more.

Like with everything on TS4 I have a feeling this pack is gonna lack depth. But we'll see. Sad that kids can't do magic.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It will probably be excellent; possibly the second greatest game pack of all.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Kids have NEVER, in any of the sims iterations, been able to have any powers. Why are ppl upset that they don't have it in 4?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm expecting the level of Vampires.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Probably too high. Vampires set a pretty high bar and Witches are my favorite Occult.. so I'm worried that they're not going to be as good as Vampires were. I'm excited still, but kind of waiting to see what they show us over the next three weeks.. I do love that they've added a spell-book. Curious to see if there's some Witch "UI" thing like the Vampires have (weaknesses and strengths) and I'm curious to see if they're going to make it a bit difficult to learn spellcasting/and have stuff not exactly go your way during spells, etc. We'll see. :)
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Kids have NEVER, in any of the sims iterations, been able to have any powers. Why are ppl upset that they don't have it in 4?

That's exactly why, EA keeps promising us "something new" and rarely delivers...
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I thought they did have their own spells in Sims 1, but I didn't play that one.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I expect witches to be a lifestate, and I'd like for the other occult we have to be able to use magic, instead.
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I really don’t have any expectations but I am super excited as I love all things sci-fi and fantasy.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    edited August 2019
    Always lessen your expectations with EA. I mean I'm super hype for this but I know there will be points I'll be scratching my head and asking when didn't they just take this a step further.

Like someone else said I wish they had switched this and IL.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

I thought they did have their own spells in Sims 1, but I didn't play that one.

They had their own selection of spells, one of which aged them up to adult (the only way to go from child to adult without mods). They could also harvest ingredients by sitting on a mushroom chair, but I think that was it.

On topic, the new floating world looks stunning, so for me ROM cannot be the worst of all packs.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably too high. Vampires set a pretty high bar and Witches are my favorite Occult.. so I'm worried that they're not going to be as good as Vampires were. I'm excited still, but kind of waiting to see what they show us over the next three weeks.. I do love that they've added a spell-book. Curious to see if there's some Witch "UI" thing like the Vampires have (weaknesses and strengths) and I'm curious to see if they're going to make it a bit difficult to learn spellcasting/and have stuff not exactly go your way during spells, etc. We'll see. :)

They use a similar system with regards to gaining power, so it might just depend on how much you like witches, I mean Spellcasters over Vampires or vice versa. At least with both spells and potions there's a good range of activities; combine the potions from OR with this and specialize in potion making to open a store in the "normal" world, or go more for the spell type of Sim.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I Expect Realm of Magic to be bad, but notj the Worst of Anything.
    EA is like the government: promises much, delivers little, everything touched is messed up.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The only downside (so far) that I don't like is the fact that there won't be two separate forms for Spell Casters. I was kinda hoping we would have that (like how aliens, vampires, and mermaids do), but it's not a huge deal breaker. I'm overall just happy to finally have my favorite life state back! :heart:
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    The only downside (so far) that I don't like is the fact that there won't be two separate forms for Spell Casters. I was kinda hoping we would have that (like how aliens, vampires, and mermaids do), but it's not a huge deal breaker. I'm overall just happy to finally have my favorite life state back! :heart:

I'm actually a bit relieved at this, as it will (hopefully) make it easier to cheat the spellcaster life-state onto my existing occult sims without messing up their existing forms. Fingers crossed!
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I expect it to be the best game pack so far. And so far I am HYPED! Familiars (was really hoping for these) and spell duels were a top priority for me. And after visiting Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley in Florida, I'm super excited for the magical bazzar area too. I'm also happy I can finally make my covens.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I'm excited for this game pack, don't get me wrong! I want it to be the best game pack yet-however I have to be realistic with my expectations. Without actually playing it for myself, I can't have a full opinion on it. With that being said, I must say that I am hoping I am wrong because I've been waiting for a while for this type of game pack.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I honestly don't understand why everything must always compete with everything else.
    It'll be a good pack.