Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have any Magical plans for your existing Sims?

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh, absolutely... just gotta go through and figure out who all is eligible for it...

going through each world:
    willow creek:
    i might make aria montgomery into a spellcaster, as she's the only 'normal' sim in her household... married to a vampire, adopted daughter is an alien (the vampire was abducted) and they have a ghost as a servant. seems fitting to have her join them as an occult

there's a small chance i'll turn salma mandir, the matriarch of one of my families, into a spellcaster, as well. she's a now-played townie who had reached a high level of the villain path of the secret agent career on her own and i figure it'd be fun to have a villain who can cast spells (i've got an alien villain and a 'techy' villain already, so it'd be nice to differentiate her a little bit). no guarantee i'll do such, though

oasis springs:
    considering making one of the teens from the 'teenage dream' household into a spellcaster, though i've avoided turning any of them into occults so far. they were a bunch of townie teens originally put into a household together so the teenage son of my main household could easily find them for his 'serial romantic' aspiration. they're now a played household of their own, basically a boarding house for young women run by a woman trying to take care of them all (who i might make a spellcaster, depending on the spells available, just to make her life easier)

there's also a chance one of the members of my 'council of venice' household will become a spellcaster, since magic is very much a thing in the game they're from. neither member is seen actually using magic in that game (mostly it's their defenders, since they're high ranking) but one uses quite a few wards to defend herself...

newcrest:
    one or both members of 'team rocket' will probably become a spellcaster, if for no other reason than to have a voidcritter familiar. they've already got an assortment of dogs and cats edited to look like voidcritters, as well as tons of related decor everywhere, even though they're too old to be able to play the game. one is very much earth-focused, the other void-focused for their styles, even though they've got pets of other types, too...

windenberg:
    there will be a fair number from here...

first, we've got the 'mystical' household, which has two elves and a fairy living in it. all three are bound to get magic, though i want to look at all the spells and such before i fully decide that. one might stay 'normal' if nothing seems to suit her

then the 'free spirits' household from get together... i've already redesigned their house immensely and changed them a little bit, having them both be into 'natural witchcraft'...got a feeling at least one is going to want to visit the magic realm, if not both. there's an 'altar' beneath their house that i'll really enjoy working on with the new decor

at least one member of the 'goth omg!' household (a gallery find, with an added gallery find skeleton cat) will probably become one, just so i can turn their cat into a familiar. plus, since all three were turned into detectives before i started playing them, i like the idea of a mage cop

also, the 'noble vampire' household... depending on how things go, i might have to cheat one of the vampires into also becoming a spellcaster just because i've always wanted her to have alchemy (she learned herbalism for just that). since she's already got a batbaby child with one of the others, i don't want to remove her vampirism...

there are a few empty houses on the island that might finally find owners, and i'm probably changing the von windenberg estate into a second entrance to the realm of magic, but we'll see

san myshuno:
    the haunted/historical and quiet apartment in the arts quarter already has a 'witch apprentice' living in it... she absolutely needs to become a spellcaster so i can actually figure out what i want to do with her

i might also make the chef living in the penthouse in the arts quarter into a spellcaster, since everyone already calls her dishes 'magical'

forgotten hollow:
    pretty strong chance that i'll make mina harker, vampire hunter, into a spellcaster just so she has a way to fight those monsters other than just splashing water into their faces (she only hunts the 'bad' vampires, is actually on quite good terms with caleb and lilith)

brindleton bay:
    the ghost that lives with the 'thorn' household might become a spellcaster, if ghosts can... just because i want a spellcaster ghost. otherwise, i'll have to have a living spellcaster have an unfortunate accident...

strangerville:
    it might be fun to make the general living up in shady acres into one, or maybe his wife, so they can help try to keep things here both secret and partially contained. we'll see

sulani:
    my 'tribal shaman' is absolutely becoming a spellcaster so she'll be able to brew potions and use magic to help both the islanders and the islands themselves

...there's a reason i've got at least 30 of each occult in my game... (well, mermaids are a bit lower, only having 15 or so)
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Yep! I have a few Sims who I can picture dabbling in magic! It would fit their personalities very well!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Willow Wisely, who has been the yenta for my 10 families will become a Spellcaster. And probably one of this generation's heirs.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm going to make Olive Specter, Bella Goth, and Agnes Crumplebottom into witches. I'll find a way to delete the sages and make them into the new ones.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited August 2019
    My main couple and their pets in rotational play is meant for this--literally have waited years, so excited!

Stella will be a witch for sure, not sure if one of her cats will be familiar or one of the new ones. Her husband Arlo is a scientist so I want him to know alchemy too.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    @ashcrash19 why not both? they've said a single sim can have multiple familiars (they just can only have one summoned at a time), so your sim can have all the joy of a cat as a familiar plus occasionally use one or more of the summonable types
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Keala Hoapili is going to become a spellcaster.
    I also want to play out the Strangerville mystery as a spellcaster. Maybe one of the Strangerville scientists was a spellcaster and the Mother could be their experiment gone wrong.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm thinking about a whole World of Darkness thing with vampires vs mages. They don't like each other, but they can't go to full blown war. The vampires have to maintain the masquerade and the mages don't want their secrets out in the open. It's like the Sharks and the Jets but with blood potency and arete.
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @ashcrash19 why not both? they've said a single sim can have multiple familiars (they just can only have one summoned at a time), so your sim can have all the joy of a cat as a familiar plus occasionally use one or more of the summonable types

Hm, so if the other one is summoned the cat is just back to regular pet? That could be really interesting. I really want a dragon and the owl. :mrgreen:
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »

Hm, so if the other one is summoned the cat is just back to regular pet? That could be really interesting. I really want a dragon and the owl. :mrgreen:

I want my sim to have the crow. *nods*
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Since it looks like magic is a skill, I'm going to make my current "main sim" who is still a child a with when she becomes a teen. Since she's an orphan, she lives in a "foster home" so I'll have her run away to Glimmerbrook, where she'll discover two things- magic, and a rather fishy secret...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    Possibly to move some to Glimmerbrook.
    I do hope that Glimmerbrook will have some decent lot sizes despite being only 5 lots.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I probably will only give spellcaster powers to Sookie Stackhouse and maybe one other sim at first, at least until I see how they move around and cast spells on other people. Typically when I get a new world I delete all the premades and houses and do my own thing, but with this one I'm going to wait and see how it works before they all get avada kedara-ed.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about a whole World of Darkness thing with vampires vs mages. They don't like each other, but they can't go to full blown war. The vampires have to maintain the masquerade and the mages don't want their secrets out in the open. It's like the Sharks and the Jets but with blood potency and arete.

You're singing my song! I love WoD, I ran Masquerade for some years. Got the new 5th edition books that started coming out last year. I've made some Vampire clans in Sims 4 but it's still a work in progress. (Always a work in progress, haha.)

Everybody, you all have some awesome stories and pics! Love seeing/reading about your future Spellcasters! <3

#Team Occult
    @LordOfTendons one of the gurus has said that they did similar to strangerville, in that spellcasters shouldn't cast spells in the 'normal' world when they're unplayed, just to avoid the whole 'magic shouldn't be happening' thing... you can make your sims cast spells as you're playing them, no matter where they are. but townies won't cast unless they're in the magic realm (potential exception to this might be with clubs if they add a 'use magic' rule. we'll have to see)
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    my sim Jewel Thief will definitely become an enchantress for starters. She is one of my absolute favorites and being a spell caster will definitely be up her alley. I have a sim family of spell casters in my sims freeplay game I will definitely recreate in my game due to this pack.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I do have one sim who has been patiently waiting for this for quite a long time. She keeps Caleb on a pretty tight rope so he'll get more playtime as well.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Bella and Cassandra Goth will be witches. I'm thinking of starting a new save with a family where the teen studies Herbalism, then when the pack releases will find one of the 3 Sages and become a Spellcaster.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Well perfect sim Roxy is already a witch so her being able to finally study magic is a blessing.

I also have a whole save of HP characters that I can finally give their proper wands to!

But for my main save I don't know which gen six kid is going to study magic. I can't decide if should be one the older girls whose boyfriend died by drowning after a shark attack (it was so sad) or one of my kids I named after Julia Wicker from the show The Magicians.

I do know when I get the game I'm probably will spend the first day just making magic folk :wink:

• LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    @LordOfTendons one of the gurus has said that they did similar to strangerville, in that spellcasters shouldn't cast spells in the 'normal' world when they're unplayed, just to avoid the whole 'magic shouldn't be happening' thing... you can make your sims cast spells as you're playing them, no matter where they are. but townies won't cast unless they're in the magic realm (potential exception to this might be with clubs if they add a 'use magic' rule. we'll have to see)

Thanks for the info! <3
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    Okay, I think I have it sorted out now. There will be three factions I'll be focusing on. Be prepared for stupid, boring rants you won't care about.

Vampires
    • Vladislaus Straud: having been depowered and dethroned by another vampire, will seek magic to get revenge. He'll side with a dark wizard to encourage a war between the realms. He helps with the war, he gets Forgotten Hollow back.
    • Lilith Vatore: Was exiled from Forgotten Hollow in my game, since her sim autonomously tried to keep him from slaying Vlad. (Like her sim went against my story by hanging out at Vlad's place and stopping my sim to talk. Guess she's too good at heart to let Vlad get hurt.) I'll have her migrate to the Glimmerbrook and run an orphanage for occult orphans of all types.
    • Marco Grimm: The vampire who defeated Vlad and took over Forgotten Hollow. Part of an Illuminati-esque group I have. Seeing the war coming and not wanting innocents to get hurt, he'll be creating an army of vampires to fight the witches. He also wants to use this opportunity to make a power play and take over the Magic Realm.
    • Edmund Grimm: The oldest son of Forgotten Hollow's new leader, will probably go against his father's wishes and head to the Magic Realm to spy on Vlad. If he's not a vampire, I see him somehow being turned into a witch.
    • Synthetic: V-1: I have a science lab in StrangerVille, meant to be a good counterpart to the other lab. But cloning technology now exists, and the Illuminati rep for StrangerVille had the scientists clone Marco for her own nefarious purposes. He's meant to kill and replace the real Marco, though V-1 doesn't want to do it. If the war progresses to StrangerVille, he'll probably escape and find his way to the magical orphanage. If not, he better learn how to not be a wimp.

Spellcasters
    • Theseus Tricou: Will become the fourth Sage, specializing in potions and the Herbalism skill. He'll also teach at the Fallen Tree Academy magic school I'm making. (Which will be divided into houses based on Voidcritter elements & the student's choice of magic. They'll even have Voidcritters as house mascots, ala Harry Potter.)
    • Erebus Straud AKA Not-Voldemort. Originally served as Vlad's foster brother in my game, I'll repurpose him to instead be the evil wizard Vlad sides with. He believes that magic should be available to everyone, and that the world would thrive if they didn't have to hide. His plan is to invade the normal realms.

He forms a cult where he sways normal sims into becoming witches, and killing those who go against him. He's a powerful witch, but he mostly makes others fight because he tries to create an image of himself: he's a messiah, an envoy of peace and the one who wants to better the world; the people he controls are simply his supporters who go to extreme lengths to help him. He's a political savant and a powerful witch, so he knows how to get away. He works in the shadows to pull the strings, and the Witch's Council/Sages are left trying to figure out how to take him down without massive collateral damage.
    • Rowan Spellman: He's an orphan kid in my game now, living on the streets as part of a challenge. But he'll discover his magical heritage and become a witch.

Sims
    • Scarlett Parker: A girl from Brindleton Bay. Her parents forbid her from skipping school to participate in a video game competition, so she ran away from home. After losing her way, she finds herself in Glimmerbrook and becomes entangled with the Magic Realm. With Brindleton being Erebus' first target, she teams up with Edmund and Rowan to save the day.
    • Cordelia Thebe, the Shallots: Princess Cordelia and the Shallots won't have a direct role in my story. Instead, there will be Thebe and Shallot families of witches. Their legacies live on through them.

Basically, I'm setting up a Harry Potter war, a Harry Potter magic school, and basically doing Harry Potter but with vampires thrown in.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019
    One of my favorite families to play is a orphan human girl being raised by Vlad and his clan of Vampires. She recently aged into a teen and will discover the magic realm and become a spellcaster that specializes in Untamed magic, and bring that knowledge home to her clan.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Depending on what the untamed magic actually is, I might create a bumbling, clumsy, erratic, sim for that in CAS. lol.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    My current main save is set in the near-future and has robots and genetically manipulated humans. Magic wouldn't fit in so well. I might return to my Windenburg save or start a new one.
    The Windenburg save had fairyblooded human sims and also a secret society founded by kids that worshipped the Monster Under the Bed. Now those kids's kids are adults and the beings from behind the veil might finally be willing to gift them with powers... for a price.