Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic: Thoughts?

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Actually if they repackaged all the same potions we have access too I'd be a bit put off....

Me too! I haven't used a potion perk in this game yet and I would be upset if that's all our spellcasters could conjur, or if that was part of their abilities.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What's a voidcritter? TS4 version of pokemon or something?

The Parenthood GP introduced a Voidcritters game, and since then they've come up in other ways. There's one as a pet in the My First Pet SP, for example. (In my save, only Aliens have the Voidcritter pet.)

Hummm no. Voidcritters came in the Kids Stuff Pack.
    The cards come from Kids Room Stuff, but one of the critters (Bubalus) appears in My First Moneygrab Stuff as one of the rodents you can care for. One of the Gurus mentioned on Twitter how Voidcritters take inspiration from different things: Veild is likely based off the similar-looking familiar in RoM, while Babalus are based off of real rodents in the sim world.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I would like a polyjuice potion.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Since seeing the trailer I'm not really excited for this pack since I'm not into magic however I am excited about Glimmerbrook the normal new world. I also like the realm world.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Actually if they repackaged all the same potions we have access too I'd be a bit put off....
    @Hermitgirl
    Agree. I hope that's not the case, and there is gonna be actually something new.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I was going to buy Realm of Magic regardless, but seeing that phoenix in the trailer has got me so excited! I've already mentioned a couple of times on here how awesome it would be if we could have a pet phoenix, and now we will be able to have one as a familiar! Of course, the the two worlds and the theme itself are interesting, but that phoenix, it's as if I will be getting an early Christmas present!
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So the pack will have 24 spells and about 15 potions. Sims 3 had 20 spells and over 40 potions. Sims 2 has 33 spells and about 6 potions.

TS4 also already has potions that a Sim can get through the rewards points, so I'm guessing they didn't see a reason to duplicate those.

Not to mention all the effects you can get from drinks with the batender skill
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    So the pack will have 24 spells and about 15 potions. Sims 3 had 20 spells and over 40 potions. Sims 2 has 33 spells and about 6 potions.

TS4 also already has potions that a Sim can get through the rewards points, so I'm guessing they didn't see a reason to duplicate those.

Didn't even think of that since my Sims don't really use the bars that much lol
    Also, addition: the Tea Maker and Cool Kitchen's ice cream machine both create things with effects. I hope the potions will be things that are completely new. :D
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

Didn't even think of that since my Sims don't really use the bars that much lol
    Also, addition: the Tea Maker and Cool Kitchen's ice cream machine both create things with effects. I hope the potions will be things that are completely new. :D

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Okay, put in a vacation request for 12 and 13 / 9 (how I wish they wouldn't release this so early in the week xD). Let's pray it's accepted so I have 3,5 days to roam around the RoM! <3

Update: it's been approved. Omg I am SO psyched!!! (Not that anyone cares but there's literally no one I can annoy with my excitement IRL, even though my boyfriend is polite enough to endure watching the trailer with me 😅)
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Okay, put in a vacation request for 12 and 13 / 9 (how I wish they wouldn't release this so early in the week xD). Let's pray it's accepted so I have 3,5 days to roam around the RoM! <3

Update: it's been approved. Omg I am SO psyched!!! (Not that anyone cares but there's literally no one I can annoy with my excitement IRL, even though my boyfriend is polite enough to endure watching the trailer with me 😅)

I totally feel you. As it turns out, I had already agreed to work a longer shift on the day it releases so I won't be home until after 8pm and I'm over here with tear-filled eyes, shaking my fist at fate, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Lol I gotta be prepared to limit my gameplay time. It's hard but Strangerville left me with dry eye... my own fault, mind you but still. I'll want to play and play and that's just not healthy for me.

I do kind of hope someone makes a mod to bring together all of the effects possible from all packs and makes them available to the spellcasters.. both potions and many vamp powers. Will be interesting to see what comes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Me too! I haven't used a potion perk in this game yet and I would be upset if that's all our spellcasters could conjur, or if that was part of their abilities.

I mean, Potions Curses do look like Scientists Experiments From Get to Work.

But I think part of the Alchemist Branch, they said there were multiple types of Magic... Practical, Untamed and Alchemy and something else...
    Crafting Potions and Curses would be Alchemy. I just hope when we make Potions and Curses we can, Use the Mischief, Cooking, & Mixology skill to sneak those potions and Curses into Meals, drinks and other consumables.
    Like if I make a sleeping curse, I can infuse the Curse into a Fruit or meal of my choice, it doesn't have to be a Poisoned Apple that does the job.

However, I'd imagine half of the potions and Curses effect Needs, and hope the other half would effect Aspirations.

Untamed sounds like raw power, Magic left unchecked, I hope it means Dark and Light Magic, Elemental, & Combat spells.

I've yet to wonder what Practical is, It sounds like crafting Telekenisis, methods of teleportation, Glamour spells, illusions, Enchantments, Summoning, doing common interactions normal sims would do but replaced with Magic. Like using your magic to light a fire place, or using magic to fix objects, healing magic.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    LiELF wrote: »

I totally feel you. As it turns out, I had already agreed to work a longer shift on the day it releases so I won't be home until after 8pm and I'm over here with tear-filled eyes, shaking my fist at fate, lol.

Nooooooooooooo :( Aw man, I mean good for you for helping out, but uch, I know the pain :D

Well I guess on the 10th, & 11th I won't have tons of time for it either, so I'm glad my boss wasn't difficult about the *cough* small getaway *cough* I have planned. Funny thing is, if people actually paid attention to all the times I take these sudden small mini-vacations, they'd probably see that they very, very often coincide with big sims releases :sweat_smile:
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am not getting this. Magic, as portrayed here, is not my thing, and I already stated a long time ago that a Witch pack would be the first I wasn't getting. So it will be a pain downloading from the gallery from now on :(. I even bought My First Pet stuff and Strangerville just for the items, but not this.

I really don't find this YA TV series version of magic interesting.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • OtherMotherOtherMother Posts: 7 New Member
    So stoked! Now I wonder when the Schools pack will come out and if that will mean building my own version of a magical school will be possible!
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    So far it looks great! A lot of really cool features I'm excited to know more about. I'm not feeling the cas so far, I've seen too much modern stuff in the trailer for my taste, they're catering to urban fantasy or those YA TV shows and it's not really my thing. I would've preferred if they went full weird with this, bringing capes, apothecary dresses, long beards...witchy stuff.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I think everything looks amazing but problem is it won't be a pack I use in every save. Unless I can get familiars without being a "Spellcaster"
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I think everything looks amazing but problem is it won't be a pack I use in every save. Unless I can get familiars without being a "Spellcaster"

Unlike Supernatural where the biggest 'magic' was potions and anyone regardless of life state can use em. This pack everything in the trailer except possibly brooms but confirmed the cauldrons is usable exclusively by mage lifestate.
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I mean, Potions Curses do look like Scientists Experiments From Get to Work.

But I think part of the Alchemist Branch, they said there were multiple types of Magic... Practical, Untamed and Alchemy and something else...
    Crafting Potions and Curses would be Alchemy. I just hope when we make Potions and Curses we can, Use the Mischief, Cooking, & Mixology skill to sneak those potions and Curses into Meals, drinks and other consumables.
    Like if I make a sleeping curse, I can infuse the Curse into a Fruit or meal of my choice, it doesn't have to be a Poisoned Apple that does the job.

However, I'd imagine half of the potions and Curses effect Needs, and hope the other half would effect Aspirations.

Untamed sounds like raw power, Magic left unchecked, I hope it means Dark and Light Magic, Elemental, & Combat spells.

I've yet to wonder what Practical is, It sounds like crafting Telekenisis, methods of teleportation, Glamour spells, illusions, Enchantments, Summoning, doing common interactions normal sims would do but replaced with Magic. Like using your magic to light a fire place, or using magic to fix objects, healing magic.

If I recall the paths to magic are: Untamed, Mischief, Practical and Alchemy. It seems Alchemy is self taught while the other three are taught by the 'three Sages' I suppose they are: That pale 🐸🐸🐸🐸 green haired lady, The perky black lady with the cauldron and possibly the grumpy guy the blonde mage newbie beats the crap out of.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Trust me I feel your excitement!! 👏👏🤗🤗🤗 yay for you!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    If I recall the paths to magic are: Untamed, Mischief, Practical and Alchemy. It seems Alchemy is self taught while the other three are taught by the 'three Sages' I suppose they are: That pale plum green haired lady, The perky black lady with the cauldron and possibly the grumpy guy the blonde mage newbie beats the plum out of.

I never thought about Mr. "Who's the new dude invading our realm" being a Sage. Good theory.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

I never thought about Mr. "Who's the new dude invading our realm" being a Sage. Good theory.

I meant the guy who glares at (let's call the 'main character' in trailer Sam as a 'boy version of Sabrina') Sam and who he later throws into the floor is a Sage.

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited August 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »

I meant the guy who glares at (let's call the 'main character' in trailer Sam as a 'boy version of Sabrina') Sam and who he later throws into the floor is a Sage.

I know. He's gives Blondie a who are you and what hell are you doing here look. He seems to think competition or some other sort of threat just came into town and he's doesn't look pleased. That's why I called him Mr "Who's the new dude invading our realm".
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My guess is that the grumpy male Sage is the Practical magic teacher, the gal in the yellow dirndl is the Alchemist, and the green-haired Sage teaches Untamed (she looks a little too serious for Mischief).