Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Paramours- A Reading Circle

1235...Next

Comments

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited August 2019

Same here. Even if it were to be deemed inappropriate for the forums, I'm not quitting. My readers know where to find it. <3

I hope so too.

Right on! As they say, the show must go on and so should our stories.
    Post edited by sweetnightingale on
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited August 2019
    @sweetnightingale @squirrelwithacup @Ravenspiel
    As you all know we are under review and there is a chance this thread may be shut down :(
    But I have come up with a backup plan: we create a Discord server to continue to share our stories and community without fear of being policed or harassed/spammed, etc. So I'd like your input: should server invites be open to the public or by invitation only?
    Discord
    If any help is needed with setting up Discord, please PM me. It is fairly easy to set up and use.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    @NyteRose - I'm not familiar with Discord at all so have no idea what the atmosphere is like over there. Are there other Simmers over there who might be interested in joining? I know if we do my invitation only, w'd probably cut down on trolls, spam, and whatnot. I'll go along with whatever you all think is best since I'm so unfamiliar with Discord.

Should we go ahead and move our stuff over there now or wait and see how this pans out?
    @sweetnightingale I'm going to try my best to keep our thread open, but I think we should put moving to Discord to a vote as a group.
    I'd also like everyone's input into how the server should be run. Any specific channels (ex. screenshots) that should be set up? Do we want to be a public server or by invitation only? Please post any and all ideas for this server :)
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @sweetnightingale I'm going to try my best to keep our thread open, but I think we should put moving to Discord to a vote as a group.
    I'd also like everyone's input into how the server should be run. Any specific channels (ex. screenshots) that should be set up? Do we want to be a public server or by invitation only? Please post any and all ideas for this server :)

I'm definitely all for the move if push comes to shove. I've already made an account over there, so I'm set should we need to move.

As to invite only and such, I guess it depends on how many members we want and such. For personal invites, we'd haev to know who's interested in joining. Otherwise, having it public would give more people an opportunity to see us. Either way is fine with me, so I'll go along with either one. :)
  • RavenspielRavenspiel Posts: 21 Member
    Hi! I've sure missed a lot... I don't see how any of our stories should be a problem. They have their proper warning labels and are separate from the forum. I'll be sad to see this all go. Maybe we can continue our discussion elsewhere if we get shut down?

@sweetnightinggale I absolutely adore your story so far! I'll be sure to answer your questions when I get home today. :)
    edited August 2019
    @Ravenspiel - @NyteRose mentioned us moving to Discord if push comes to shove, and she wants to hear what we all think about that. I totally agree with you. We're not posting actual story content on the forums, and our stories are labeled appropriately. Well, hopefully this, too, shall pass. :disappointed:

Awww thank you so much! :) I'm so glad you are loving my story. It makes me feel great when others get such enjoyment out of it. :heart: And I'm so looking forward to seeing your answers. :)
    @NyteRose I am not an active user of Discord, but if it is our best alternative for continuing the discussion then I'm all for it. Of course my ideal solution would be that this thread doesn't get shut down. I don't THINK my story is problematic. It's just one chapter after all...
    edited August 2019
    @Ravenspiel The ideal solution is not being shut down but I am trying to prepare for if that does happen. I hope it doesn't. I will find out for sure sometime tomorrow and will update this thread (if that is still possible.)

EDIT- We are not being shut down. Spotlighting/discussion shall continue as normal :)
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hey folks so I want to clarify a bit, we're not going to be shutting the thread down that's not what this is about. When sharing links to content on the forum we just need to ensure that that content is appropriate for the forum and follows the age rating of the game. The thread isn't going to be closed down or removed because you folks are discussing the stories just fine with nothing inappropriate and having really awesome discussions about it.

We just need to make sure that the content shared is appropriate alright? If any of you need to clarify anything with me my dm's are always open! :smile:
    Woot! We're back in business. :grin: So happy we don't have to migrate.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's raining and storming here this morning, so it's a perfect day to grab screenshots for my next chapter, which I'm hoping I can get finished up this afternoon.

Have an amazing day. :)
    edited August 2019
    @squirrelwithacup @sweetnightingale @Ravenspiel
    I'd like to suggest we take a few days break. I know it's a spotlight week but due to recent thread issues, I feel that is the best course of action. Very sorry about this.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    @NyteRose - Yes, this is a bit to digest. Maybe we'll get some clarity once we've had time to chew on it a little.
    After some careful thought, I've decided to disband the Circle and will ask a mod to lock this thread. I feel that is the best option in this case. I was glad getting to know you all and reading your stories, really stinks it had to end this way. Sorry guys.
    After some careful thought, I've decided to disband the Circle and will ask a mod to lock this thread. I feel that is the best option in this case. I was glad getting to know you all and reading your stories, really stinks it had to end this way. Sorry guys.

Oh, this is heartbreaking. I enjoyed getting to know everyone and sharing stories with people who share my interests. Can I ask why you cane to this decision?
    edited August 2019

Oh, this is so sad! I was hoping we’d be able to keep it alive and move to Discord as discussed yesterday, 😩 I’m definitely not in favor of packing it in, but as the decision seems to have been made, there is no choice.

I’m saddened and disappointed to see it end like this.

Anyway, it was great getting to know you all and share stories of like interest.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member

Thanks for everything, guys! It was a short time but we had fun. :smile: Sorry it ended up this way and I wish you all the best with your stories.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    We're sad to see this thread closing too but totally understand. I'd just like to say that I enjoyed all of the stories shared, that the author that got in touch was fantastic about adapting the content to meet the forum rules and that your discussions in this thread were conducted so well. Please feel free to open up another thread and continue this if you'd like. We're more than happy for you to have that space, especially with how amazing you've been having it so far.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top