Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Ah...well that makes sense now. Thx for the heads up.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2019
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS123 - The Family Emergency

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #125 - The Chalet Getaway
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Mr. & Mrs. Vanderclump III
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Vanderclumps
    ENTRY DETAILS: Chantal is a fabulous singer and is very talented at acting. Her life goal is to be a world famous celebrity, while her husband wants to live in the biggest house and is very business savvy. Their servant Elias is a master at cooking and bar tending. He wants to be a celebrity chef and is hoping that working for the Vanderclumps will give him his big break.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4N36PKs.png
    oX4GLPl.png
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dresden House in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Celebrity Chalet Getaway
    LOT COST:$12,000.00
    GALLERY COST: $318,899.00
    TOTAL COST:$330,899.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Chalet Getaway
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built in Windenburg in the Dresden house lot. This home blends in perfectly with it's mountain terrain surroundings. This home was designed with dark earthy colors and has everything the family needs to have a luxurious mountain getaway. It has a viewing and reading loft, 3 car garage, open basement, indoor pool, sauna, gym, home theater room, a hot tub on the party patio, and many other features. It also has a separate guest house that is designed specifically for the servant.
    I have personally nicknamed this home "The House of many roofs" as it was a challenge to get them all to work together properly, but I really liked the floor plan so I made it work :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    3HCSFvW.png
    cG4DGvC.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Granite Falls Forest
    NEW LOT LINK: Chalet de Chantal with cc included clicked
    LOT COST: 25,000
    GALLERY COST: 304,170
    TOTAL COST: 329,170
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mJNxzUj
    ENTRY DETAILS: Nestled in the foothills of the mountains in Granite Falls National Park, this is a four-storey secluded vacation home that will be the perfect retreat for Chantal and Charles Vanderclump. Filled with lots of art housed in gallery halls, there is masses of space for both formal and informal entertaining, a sauna, indoor-outdoor pool, party deck with hot tubs, a viewing loft and much more. There is a master suite, two guest rooms and small apartment for the live in help. Oh and there is a total of 8 balconies if you count the entrance, plus the deck, so views at every turn!
    I wanted to try a large scale build which I haven’t done much of and had real fun with the exterior (roofs are tricky!!), but boy did it take some decorating! As I only got back from hols on Saturday so was short on time I once again enlisted the help of my 11 year old sims addict who decorated all bedrooms and the small apartment.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Peacemaker, Wondymoon, Budgie2budgie, BuffSumm, Simista & Mr S, Kardofe, Solaryia, Severinka, TS4, ShinoKCR, Simcredible.....apologies as ever to anyone I missed. All vintage travel ski posters by me.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: BwOSZ2r.pngBuWDdk4.png
    edited August 2019
    I was away for two weeks camping with the kids until Saturday so I only caught this challenge when I came back - something of a rush build haha! And in my wisdom I thought I'd try a large build in Granite Falls.....mistake 1 & 2 as I've not really done either before :D
    I played with the outside until I was happy with it and then had to work out the interior, prob not the best method in hindsight. However I also got the room layout how I wanted so not so bad, then I realised how much decorating I had and how little time I had....enter DD as assistant decorator. That caused it's own issued as she insisted she couldn't decorate medium walls and made me change them to low...which meant changing all the windows and moving the decor I'd already done :'( Think I caught all the clipping but prob missed some!

I'd have loved to have time to get more detail in but as with all of these challenges I've learned so much while having fun that I don't mind :)

My two main challenges with this were
    A. Turns out that certain items disappear from a rental home build when someone goes on vacation there (aqua jets aka my snow mobiles I kind of get, but coffee machines???), plus you can't easily dip in and out of build mode to change lighting for photos. I got that mad with it that I saved the house and replaced it on the 64x64 in Windenburg just to make it easier on myself for the interior shots. So the build is 50x50 even though its 64x64 on the gallery upload. Lesson learned no more builds in Granite Falls for me!!

B. the roof - the section that into into the two angled wings insisted on coming through into the room (the loft) no matter what I did....I ended up building a wall across it and using the edge as a feature. None of the others seemed to do it, very confusing. Please can anybody help and tell me what I did wrong/how I avoid it?

Time to go back and look at all the posts I've missed now, happy building all
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited August 2019
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Granite Falls Forest
    NEW LOT LINK: * Dreamy Ski Chalet *
    LOT COST: 25,000
    GALLERY COST: 238,567
    TOTAL COST: 263,567
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Chalet Getaway
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built in Granite falls at the Granite Falls Forest lot. This Ski Chalet is on a 50 x 50 lot. It has a front & back Balcony, With a party deck and a Hot tub.It has a garage with space for a snow mobile or two & ski gear. it has 3 bedrooms & 3 baths . It has A separate apartment for The Butler. I went for a more intimate Build. On the outside it looks like a traditional Ski chalet , on the inside it is comfortable yet elegant.. For getting away , for Family fun & Intimate Entertaining ..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:All Art by SimSationalToo from the gallery.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

69267335_2469908806562529_7224592478903468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQm81rELaFFHWYjIa26F94NItqZKvmpXmgdD85AM0xRnFXQu8MupFJUCJEAULCG2G_g&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=4754d68cf93acc4e2f108c777ae9d161&oe=5DDE2708

69219372_2470623723157704_483308628254654464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmtrgfHWA3fqQLtru4WvQMdpAw504L4nCHFaDDs4WTJWfa7nZnirm1H1OLefTdZtA0&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=00ce04ba75ba601bc1a1c40e603c322f&oe=5DDFECD3

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Gorgeous cabins! Looking forward to exploring them.
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2019

CHALLENGE #125 – The Chalet Getaway

FORUM ID: OccipitalLobe
    ORIGIN ID: Chapscher
    LEVEL: [not placed yet] Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dresden House
    NEW LOT LINK: Pine Peaks
    LOT COST: 12,000
    GALLERY COST: 319,650
    TOTAL COST: 331,650
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Take the tour
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS125 Pine Peaks is your spacious mountain retreat. Fit with several large entertaining areas, Pine Hill is designed to handle crowds of all sorts for everything from movie night to gala affairs and with a party deck it can manage everything in-between. The second and third floors are designed as a quiet space for the residents to unwind. Take in the best of the mountains with Pine Peaks.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: ChapscherMKE
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RRy4j7O.png
    DLUaCK1.png

Post edited by OccipitalLobe on
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Great builds everyone <3 Which lot did you use @AliSim19 :)

Wow, what fabulous builds <3<3<3

@AlJay your detail is amazing, and awesomely cohesive. Even the laundry room screams luxury and I think I might spend some time practising how you did that bar too!
    @Pinkusfamily I’d love do do some intimate entertaining in your chalet, it would be my ideal indulgent get away. And an ice rink too, great idea, love it :)
    @OccipitalLobe So grand, totally gave me the feel of an old English country manor while fitting perfectly on your snowy mountain. Think I’d be in that reading study forever....

It’s the national park in Granite Falls, the lot is actually just called Granite Falls Forest. Beautiful lot but I won’t be building there again haha
    A little late but just catching up.... @iampes23 & @JojoMOMSTER thanks for your lovely feedback on my last build - we’re a pretty eco friendly house in rl but sadly I’m rarely prepped for next week never mind for doomsday 😂
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited August 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4D67EF75BDFC11E9892132E030399C08?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ZaI625Z (O apologize for the mess it is in, but I don't have the strength to mess with again.)
    ENTRY DETAILS: I created the entire Vanderclump family. This includes Chantal, the rich voice actor, who is a Mansion Baron with business savvy, materialistic, a snob, and very self-assured and her husband Charles, who is fabulously wealthy with business savvy, a kleptomaniac ambitious, and neat and is rumored to be the head of a "family" of business associates (wink, wink). Hazel Rayann Sullivan is the family's long time housekeeper, and Mr. Vanderclump's bit of fluff, as he likes to call her. The two have a twelve year old daughter together named Brianna Charly Sullivan. Hazel is a master chef with essence of flavor, cheerful, neat, and jealous of Mr. Vanderclump's time away from her. Their daughter is erratic and an artistic prodigy. The married couple have two children: Bradford Dean Vanderclump and Roxy Marilyn Vanderclump. Brad is a chief of Mischief and dastardly, a snob, a kleptomaniac, and paranoid! He married an exotic young lady named Mai Lulee Chou Vanderclump, and she is a party animal and gregarious, hot headed, a dance machine, and a total slob. Basically , she was the gold digger who won him over with her good looks and fun ways. The couple has a toddler son that Mai Lulee does not want or care for. The baby's name is Rafe X Chou Vanderclump, and he is very fussy and demands his own way. Roxy, on the other hand, may just be the only sensible member of the family. She is an archaeology scholar and quick learner who is a bit of a goofball, a geek, and rather outgoing. She is still living at home since she is just out of college, but that may change soon! With this family, the drama never ends! From Mai Lulee's inappropriate attire to her bad mothering "skills," and the family trait of "borrowing," normal is just out of the question. On top of that, Charles is fairly open with his relationship with Hazel, at least in front of his wife Chantal. Somehow the older children and Brianna have no idea they are siblings. Brad and Mai Lulee often express their "love" out in the open, to the chagrin of everyone. Download the family and see just how messy their world really is!!

(Since I am currently sick, including some photos of the unfinished house in the slide show--I won't be up to finishing it this time around :( )
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    aTQj9s9.png
    bSsTDlz.png

Post edited by iampes23 on
    edited August 2019
    A few pictures of the house I was making.
    RiYEEQ0.png
    the front of the house showing the three-car garage.
    MCZYcQg.png
    The formal dining room where the family will take all their meals.
    lGhqVBu.png
    The kitchen and the grandson, Rafe.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Wow, what fabulous builds <3<3<3

@AlJay your detail is amazing, and awesomely cohesive. Even the laundry room screams luxury and I think I might spend some time practising how you did that bar too!
    @Pinkusfamily I’d love do do some intimate entertaining in your chalet, it would be my ideal indulgent get away. And an ice rink too, great idea, love it :)
    @OccipitalLobe So grand, totally gave me the feel of an old English country manor while fitting perfectly on your snowy mountain. Think I’d be in that reading study forever....

It’s the national park in Granite Falls, the lot is actually just called Granite Falls Forest. Beautiful lot but I won’t be building there again haha

Very clever, did not think of Granite falls. <3:)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Awesome Builds everyone.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Heeeeeeyyy,
    I have a question,,
    You can't upload your build to the gallery when you use CC, right?
    But some people use CC paintings/posters, and are still able to upload their build to the gallery.
    So what's the difference ?:P
    Wanna upload to the gallery and would love to download some new paintings to use :p

( I Saw @Pinkusfamily & @AlJay had it + gallery upload =D )
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @Devilariah ,

There are Paintings in the Gallery that are Not CC.. AlJay2000 in the gallery is a good example ( she is our Creative @AlJay ) . She has paintings that were made from reference..They were made of things that are Not in the game.. But somehow were painted... There are several , even more
    Catalogs made by others in the gallery that have made paintings in this way.. I think they are made some how with a Mod... But are not considered CC...

I hope I explained that right...

Look up Paintings in the gallery see what you come up with...

Diane Pinkus
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Devilariah These are paintings that are made by Sims when painting "by reference". They're uploaded to the gallery in rooms, and you can d/l the room and use the paintings. There's also photos made like this. The best way to find them is to go to the gallery, select "room" then use hashtag "painting". You'll find all kinds of them! I agree with @Pinkusfamily about @Aljay's work, beautiful. And don't forget to check out paintings and photos from our own @rosemow, in fact she has a showcase right here on the forum, full of beautiful art (her EAID is roseymow).
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Aww, thanks guys! @Devilariah have fun checking out the gallery 🙂 there are so many beautiful pieces out there.
    Thank you @Pinkusfamily & @Allears !!
    Gonna check it out!! =D
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member

Just looked through all the builds already uploaded and they are all amazing! Such a great chellenge :)
    But I do think I need some CC - there is so much great stuff out there! Sadly, my game doesn't like mods/CC :/
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2019
    > CHALLENGE #125: The Chalet Getaway

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/164464CFC45011E984C8FEC1E351F12F?category=all&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Mountain Chalet BnS125&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Mountain Chalet BnS125
    LOT COST: not sure, but the lot value is adveised as 264,741 (so 24,709 for the lot?) -> AliSim has it as 25,000 and I think it is the same lot... so maybe..... help please
    BUILD COST: 240,001
    TOTAL COST: 264,741

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157710473843006

DETAILS: I can't believe I finished this! Just came back from vacation yesterday :/
    Text to be added later, when I've had more than 5 hours off sleep and a full day of building to get this done...

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    48594867462_e51712b141_h.jpg
    48595633792_9f9f607c6b_h.jpg
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
    edited August 2019
    Oh! I was wondering how everyone was getting such great and different art work! *rushes to gallery*--which of course is not working for me rofl

WOOHOOO! garage doors, too! awesome Aljay!!! ty everyone for the awesome info!!!!
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    edited August 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #125 - The Chalet Getaway.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT: With CC (Recolors).
    LOT COST: 12000.
    LOT NAME: Dresden House, Windenburg.
    GALLERY COST: 272110.
    TOTAL COST: 284110.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/7qFVVDY
    ENTRY DETAILS: Couldn't really finish it in time, especially the outside/terrian. Two days ago I decided to drastically change the floorplan (big mistake.... xD ). And there went my time that i would spend on the outside and finishing up =p. But here it is haha,, =) (Also had some issues with uploading and some other stuff so had to edit this, sorry!).
    Mr. and Mrs. Vanderclump's new Ski Chalet! Large and in charge. Lots of space to entertain, have dinner parties and show off their wealth. Their was also plenty of cash left for Mrs. Vanderclump to buy new ski clothes or other fashionable items! The grandkids will for sure love to spend lots of time with their grandparents. Go for a swim in the underground pool, watch movies and play games in the tv room or play outside in the snow! For the adults theirs also plenty to do, their is a gym, sauna, bar and plenty of space to relax and pick up a good book!
    STRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: AlJay2000, Chr1sRed, morphinomina, seaweed102, SimSationalToo, simlicy, SurfChicCreation.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    67U6Q6K.png
    aOMF2ZT.png
    Post edited by Devilariah on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top