Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Worst Game Pack? [Your Opinion]

Comments

• Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2019
    Outdoor Retreat
    I have my uses for Outdoor Retreat but it's honestly just kind of bare and I use things from the pack the most when I'm playing with JA XD. I've enjoyed it more since Seasons showed up though.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Vampires
    None of them to be honest but I put Vampires because I’ve worn it out and played it dry. :D It’s been awhile now though and since we are getting witches, I think it’ll be a good time to play with them again.😊
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited August 2019
    I Think it Will be Real of Magic.
    I'm not a fan of magic or supernatural, so this pack looks very unpleasing to me.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I can't vote because I use stuff from all the packs
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Strangerville
    Man i HATE Strangerville. I hate the world look, i hate that it has a set story, i hate thr CAS it came with, the look of thr BB doesn't do it for me either. I bought it on sale, so i could have the braids and a dress from it, but nothing else about it grips me. The vacation worlds come a close second, i just never go on vacation!
  • Options
    SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine out has soooo many bugs. I haven't actually tried to run a restaurant but I hate going to them. I like the idea of going to them for birthdays or promotion celebrations but then my sims are stuck there for like 8hrs lol.
  • Options
    mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    Strangerville
    I said strangerville b/c I don't think I'll ever play through the mystery ever again
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Poor Strangerville... I love it so much. An unpopular opinion here 😜

I’m not voting because I really don’t know what I’d choose. I use all the game packs pretty regularly and generally enjoy them all. Maybe Outdoor Retreat only because it was the first one and I’ve played it (almost) to death. Or spa day, because my sims are usually too broke for a trip to the spa.

Both (I think) are wonderfully made though so I don’t think it’s fair to vote them as “worse than”.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood, idk I just don't really like it much.
  • Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Spa Day
    Although I loved Spa Day at first, looking back, it doesn't really add as much to my gaming experience as I first thought.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Spa Day is indeed a glorified SP but those build and buy mode items are so good that I use them all the time, I actually think it's my fav GP ever (since I feel like I can't do without it).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Honestly, I dont have a disliked game pack. I like all of them, Vampires being at the top as of right now (maybe RoM will be better?)
    Its expansion packs that are bleh, because Its twice the price for about the same amount of stuff.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Spa Day
    I picked Spa Day beacuse it's my least favourite theme and I don't care about the massages for my sims. I don't hate it though, yoga is nice.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2019
    Parenthood
    Well, I don't want to use the term worst because they are all good packs in their own sense. However, the one that I don't get any use out of is Parenthood because I don't have children in the game and probably won't for a very long time based on how I play the game. However, for what it does it is a really good game back, but it just doesn't suite my needs at this time. I get more use out of the other game packs, and I will be getting more use out of RoM when it is released.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2019
    Strangerville
    I honestly like all of them
    Edit: I forgot StrangerVille exists. So definitely Strangerville
    Post edited by WallSims4ever on
  • Options
    halihali Posts: 66 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    !I meant to vote for Strangerville.
    I don't like the story one is forced to play though if one doesn't want any of its weirdness in their game and I dislike having my hand held the entire way though the simple story that's really only playable one way--it's the same story--nothing changes. The entire premise and story is static and boring. There's nothing about that pack--it's premise or gameplay--that I want in my Sims game.
  • Options
    halihali Posts: 66 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    OOps, accidentally voted for Strangerville instead of Spa Day! :s

In truth there aren't any game packs I hate, but Spa Day is definitely the one I use the least and I feel is very, very thin on content in terms of gameplay. I only bought it for the BB objects.

I'm actually a little disappointed that Outdoor Retreat has the most votes so far... That's one of my favourites!

@amber_ilumire - Haha, we're opposites. I really only use Outdoor Retreat for its CAS items and some of the BB. How do you use the pack? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Would love to be able to use the pack more since I'm really only using it as if it were a SP, not a GP (which, you know, money wise- makes me salty). The clutter items are amongst my favorites, and I use the CAS assets mostly for fitness wear. Some of the feminine hair styles are my favorites in game. And I hate how gumbo has a bug in its recipe. I think its recipe got mixed up with "Camper's Surprise" or whatever that dish is called. Any tips you have to offer, I'd appreciate since I would like to use OR as more than as SP :)

As for Spa Day, I think it's one of the GPs that offers the most features. It's not game-changing to one's game like Parenthood is, but may be my favorite GP (if I ignore the religious element about it that makes me uncomfortable).
    Some of the main ways I've been getting a lot of use out of it:
    • I always have at least one member of a household master the wellness skill so they can help influence mood when necessary. Need to be focused for work? No problem: a chat with a sim who has--I believe it's level 2 of the wellness skill--will give you a four-hour focused buff.
    • Some of my favorite venues to build & visit have been spas (I build them with a dedicated gym and restaurant cafe-like area).
    • Having the bath features to use game-wide is a plus at regular gyms since the bath soaks give different mood boosts and, IMO, the animation suits a public venue better since its animation isn't the playful, silly bath animation from base game.
    • The wall-mounted speaker and radio are more reliable than any of their base game counterparts. Plus, they give a slightly higher fun buff when listened to. So I include them in venue and home builds quite often.
    • The tea one is able to brew at wellness lv.10 gives a better buff than base game's Pitch Black tea. So, it gets served with breakfast often in the households I play.
    • Besides the BB you already use, I also like the CAS items for not only athletic wear but I use the casual sweater and fluffy looking rob a lot in other clothing categories.

Looking forward to any feedback!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    the content in OR just puts me to sleep. I've never found myself wanting to play with it even after I had first purchased it. I really wanted to vote for DO because of how buggy it has been since release.. but truthfully I enjoy DO even with its awful bugs more than I enjoy OR.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Strangerville
    I don't own it but Strangerville doesn't interest me at all.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    Outdoor Retreat
    It isn't horrible; but is kind of lacking and rarely go to that world on vacation as there isn't too much to do besides work on herbalism skill. To be fair, it was their first game pack and some items themselves have came in handy (especially for Jungle Adventure). That herbalism skill might come in handy for Realm of Magic as well, so I still don't regret getting Outdoor Retreat overall.
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Spa Day
    I voted for Spa Day because I actually keep forgetting about the pack and the stuff in it. I don't go to spas and I don't even have any in my game. I bulldozed the last one to put in a CC-loaded Central Perk in the middle of San Myshuno and it's pretty great. I put garishly decorated saunas in rich sims' houses but otherwise it's an inglouriously bloated stuff pack.

I passionately hate Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure because I want to use the worlds as residential and can't. They're a complete waste. I probably hate OR the most because that rodent mascot looks like a poor caricature of Marty Moose from National Lampoon's Vacation, while with Jungle Retreat you have a slight chance of building something interesting for Indiana Jones. I probably should have voted for OR but I felt like Spa Day was more worthless to more people due to a complete lack of gameplay.

(Yes, I am familiar with Zerbu's world changer mod, and no, it doesn't really work because sims keep coming in to rent even with the mod and venue changes mod in place. I've given up.)
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Vampires
    I voted for Vampires, because I don't play them and the BB items are not my style. But Ihad struggles with the answer, because I never go on vavation in any of the vacation packs.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood. I hardly ever play with families so it's not used much except for some build/buy things. And I hate that kids go out and mess things up all over the place. Where's their parents???
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Strangerville
    If Island Living was a GP sold at EP price, then Spa Day was a SP sold at GP price.
    Spa Day has great Build textures, a lot of wood and tile which I like for my modern builds. It also has 4 gameplay objects (massage table, massage chair, sauna and yoga mat), a new skill (Wellness) and a lot more that normally doesn't fit into an SP budgetwise. I'll usually send my active Sims to the spa for a massage or go home and take a muscle relaxing soak in the tub. I honestly don't see it as an SP at GP prices/

For me, it's probably Strangerville. It's not a bad pack, but after you've played through the story once it's pretty meh to me. I do like the laptops and the Military career, but the town itself is lackluster. I'm trying out making it more of an entertainment/destination world with a lot of my venues located there; I'm thinking of adding a potions shop in that small lot in the "trailer park" once RoM comes out and I can stock it with both magic potions and Herbalism potions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. Life States are the type of thing I play with once and then never again, or at least not for a long time, so a pack focused on one isn't for me.