Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Wait, waiiiiiiit, so why can't they do the same for cars ?

Because not all of the worlds have actual STREETS for the cars to drive on.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    They’re not witches, they’re spellcasters now. This makes me think they’re more inspired from sorcerers than witches. The pack icon is even a book and not the iconic witch hat (which I saw none of in the trailer by the way).

Well it’s not a witch pack it’s a magic pack, so it makes sense.

True, but the option would’ve been nice
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Is the main character from the trailer a woman, a man or inter?

I started a thread about that question. :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    To be honest I have zero interest in vampires so expected I won't get this pack too, but it looks kinda fun and some of the cas looks nice. I can't see myself playing it much but when it goes on sale in the future I just might be getting this one after all...
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I don't want to jinx it, but that looks pretty awful.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    "Magic is a secret art that Spellcasters will only perform in The Magic Realm. That does not stop the player from practicing magic wherever they choose."

This seems contradictory.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    "Magic is a secret art that Spellcasters will only perform in The Magic Realm. That does not stop the player from practicing magic wherever they choose."

I think they mean you won't see other random sims practicing magic in other worlds, but your sim has the freedom to do so if you choose.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    @Sindocat I didn't say this trailer looked Satanic, I said its marketing was more in the style of the new Satanic TV shows like Sabrina. I'd love to know where you're getting HP because I'd love that.

Brooms? Wands? Owls? Spell-duels? Magical marketplace?

What marketing looks Sabrinoid? The trailer is all that I have seen.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The trailers are usually deceiving, so I will have to see actual gameplay footage before seeing if it is worth full price. The last 2 years have proven to me that none are, so I my skepticism is winning out.
    I wish they'd give us a fourth trait slot, so we could pick the Bloodline trait and not have to sacrifice the Sim's personality for 'can do magic'.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member

Hmmm... what ingredients though? So far I've ONLY seen crystals. I hope we get nice ingredients like dragons scales, eyes of newt, and others. I'm concerned :/
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    OMG two new worlds !!!!

It's more like one world and a secret lot. But they look great
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »

Hmmm... what ingredients though? So far I've ONLY seen crystals. I hope we get nice ingredients like dragons scales, eyes of newt, and others. I'm concerned :/

Might be like the Sims 3 where we used collectables like mushrooms, gemstones, and fish to make alchemy potions.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

I think they mean you won't see other random sims practicing magic in other worlds, but your sim has the freedom to do so if you choose.

This will be wonderful if that's what it means. Fingers crossed.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Also it seems the scary looking female sim has piercings on her face and several earrings on the same ear.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I just hope that children won't be neglected in this pack. Only saw adults in the trailer.

Unfortunately only teens+ can be spellcasters, though kids can be born with the trait and grow into it. I wish kids weren't left out of occult activities...
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I wish they'd give us a fourth trait slot, so we could pick the Bloodline trait and not have to sacrifice the Sim's personality for 'can do magic'.

I'm wondering if the Bloodline trait isn't a hidden trait (like the Child of Father Winter trait) that is passed down to offspring of spellcasters.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I just hope that children won't be neglected in this pack. Only saw adults in the trailer.

Unfortunately only teens+ can be spellcasters, though kids can be born with the trait and grow into it. I wish kids weren't left out of occult activities...

Did they have occult activities in prior series? I don't play kids that much....

I'm wondering if the Bloodline trait isn't a hidden trait (like the Child of Father Winter trait) that is passed down to offspring of spellcasters.

That would be awesome.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    mika wrote: »

SimGuruNinja posted that there would be something for kids to discover too. (I can't post a link to the tweet right now) Might only be able to get a leg up on certain magical lore like they can Vampire lore, but it's something.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    You can see a tree and a plant growing on the ground when the main character takes off on the broom at the end. Hopefully those are new types. Also there looks to be some drying herbs behind the mage like witch after they go into the house. I have no doubt there will be some new plants at any rate. I'm very excited for alchemy.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member

For all the builders out there, the architecture style of Glimmerbrook is Art Nouveau.

Examples:

art-nouveau-architecture-2.jpg

K3jV9f8C.jpg

Mucha-web.png

My first thought when I watched the trailer was ART NOUVEAU HOGWARTS.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited August 2019
    Now I’m wondering are they really witches/wizards where the magic comes naturally or it’s like the one book of spells from Sims 3 where you learned all the magic, but had to keep going to the book to keep your powers??

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37838&categoryId=13700&source=sale&buy=ButtonSubmit0&buyProductId=OFB-SIM3:37838
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    Now I’m wondering are they really witches/wizards where the magic comes naturally or it’s like the one book of spells from Sims 3 where you learned all the magic, but had to keep going to the book to keep your powers??

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37838&categoryId=13700&source=sale&buy=ButtonSubmit0&buyProductId=OFB-SIM3:37838

Well, apparently you can be born with the potential to do magic, so...I'm guessing it's natural.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    For all the builders out there, the architecture style of Glimmerbrook is Art Nouveau.

Glimmerbrook is a "real world" town with a hidden portal. The place you are referencing to is Magic Realm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top