Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    mika wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It doesn't look good, Wands seem to be forced, Magic isn't nicely animated, they shouldn't have done magic hands. Potions look stupid and it They made a mockery of what could have been an awesome pack.

I've seen your posts and let's be honest, your expectations were way too high and unrealistic. It was never gonna be like Once Upon a Time or whatever high fantasy things you described. And It's just a game pack. For it's price, it's great.

I knew it wasn't 100% going to be and I was okay with that reality, but That's not really an excuse they had every tool at their disposal, Judging by all the other content they managed to produce, They could have easily recycled animations and content to make this pack a lot better than it appears so that I would be on board, it would have been enough.

Tragically I can clearly see they chose not to even at least do the simple things. Vampires was higher quality than this and they did listen to me in some ways I can see those details clearly, I'm Happy they didn't call the Life State "Witch" and I appreciate them for doing that for me, but come on, what is this amateur magic I'm seeing?

When Vampires came out they had exuded a sense of style and awesome flare, their power was raw and they seemed to be, and they are more flexible, Like I'm just just able to make a Vampire but I can make a Daemon out of a vampire. I prayed the Realm of Magic would have an equal, if not a slightly greater flare. that was the least of my expectations these spell casters were suppose to have. I don't see that here, I'm trying to picture my Sims in these character's positions or the potions I can put them in with this pack, and there lies the problem, I can't. Vampires I rewatched that Trailer Dozens of times, and I thought, "Yeah my sim will look so cool using Mist form." and so many other powers. I want to be wrong. I wanted this pack to be useful since my Stories revolve around magic, but whatever this is, I'm not sure it can be... yet.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2019
    Also boooooo... Was really hoping for something for kids to do.

So in other words just like mermaids, vampires, and aliens, magical kids are completely indistinguishable from normal kids. See this is why I dont do families often. Kids are boring. Occult kids are boring. I dont see the point in playing an occult kid if they cant do anything occult.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh yeah! Love it! AWESOME!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    edited August 2019
    I seen the traller and it looks like they have not put much into it
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I love anything to do with magic and supernatural beings (I would've bought Island Living solely for the mermaids!), so I want this pack! I want it noooooooow!!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

They said it was going to be the size of Forgotten Hollow...

I think that might have been referring to the new (non-magical) world which is fair considering this is only a game pack.

That’s what I was talking about....they said forgotten hollow sized world plus a little more which is the magical realm.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    A lot of discussion for a thread that is maxis sourced info, not really fair for @luthienrising Maybe @EA_Rtas or @EA_Joz can move help move some to the discussion thread?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    A lot of discussion for a thread that is maxis sourced info, not really fair for @luthienrising Maybe @EA_Rtas or @EA_Joz can move help move some to the discussion thread?

This.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Only 15 potions? :\ Supernatural had way more. But at least we have more spells.

Well, some of them were 'become supernatural' (one per type), some of them filled need bars, reset your age, or made you thin/fat (which TS4 already has from satisfaction)
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Mega Harry Potter vibes from the trailer. I like it
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I am SO EXCITED for this pack! The trailer looks AMAZING and I have not been this excited for a Sims pack since Vampires came out!!! <3
  • Options
    ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    Okay I am very very very very very excited about it. The world looks slightly smaller than Strangerville, but bigger than Vampires. So I’m happy with that. I’m more excited about this pack then I’ve been about any other released pack so far.

I just need to know, is the portal in willow creek? It looks like willow creek but I’m not certain.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

This is awesome. I could make a Spellcaster Sim who only relies on their magic to get by.

Or something I don’t know 😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I need to see more than that. I wouldn't buy it based on that trailer it doesn't look very good to me. I hope there's a lot more to it.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I am very much looking forward to this. I see a lot of potential already.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Pretty sure kids didn't get much because of the extra animations they would need. I don't agree with it but it is what it is.
    Also, I figured the guy from the trailer was a male version of Sabrina from the Netflix series. At least those are the vibes I'm picking up.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    just got back home and watched the trailer...I....I....I....I WANT IT NOW!
    it looks darn good and every new info just makes it better, can't wait for october (on console) <3
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Eh. First pack I will skip, but I already knew that. Nothing about magic is interesting to me, and I ended up never playing the supernatural pack in Sims 3 (it was the last thing I bought before stopping playing the game).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    I'm not sure about the empty lot. The lot in the left corner is probably a bar.
    48586041362_9fdeab1dce_b.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    sennawales wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @PlayerSinger2010 I asked on twitter and it's a confirmed life state yay! With that I can go back to bed.

What is a Sage?

A Sage is the magic equivalent of Vlad.

Sages are always good though.
  • Options
    I would love it if my pet familiar from C&D could travel with me on my broomstick. I am giving some of my Sims black cats just in case they can. Can more than one Sim in a family be in the Magic Realm at the same time I wonder?
  • Options
    It should be "RITE of ascension," not right. They're performing a ritual, not a right, like the right to an attorney or on your right. I know no one cares but it's driving me quite batty. I need another adult beverage.

But every Sim has the "right" to ask though. B)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not sure about the empty lot. The lot in the left corner is probably a bar.
    48586041362_9fdeab1dce_b.jpg

The world looks bigger than the vamp world did .. the area between the lots. I like that it's not dark. I wonder if the magical area is always dark?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited August 2019
    Like I said in the other thread, it looks good but also looks way to small with only 5 lots added. I just hope that this pack will be worth it, I like the gothic vibe of it though, and I am glad that I will finally be able to add magic to My witches I made years ago , but I still wish there would of been more lots for My residents, I do look forward to seeing what there is for clothing and hair, since I am a gothic type player.:)
    P.S. I am still waiting for Werewolves and Pixie's as well, :)
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2019
    This world and the hidden realm within it are gorgeous! I was beyond excited to find out that we can actually live on a lot in the magical realm. I expected it would only allow us to visit, much like the vacation destinations, and I was thrilled to read I was wrong about that. I cannot wait to live there and to explore this GP more thoroughly! I have been waiting for this kind of functionality since TS4 released, and I am SO DARN EXCITED!!! :jumps up and down in excited circles: September 10th feels like it's so far away, though. T_T

I must prepare my sims! lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top