Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So obviously RoM the best Game Pack yet

RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
Hyperbole? Maybe. BUT HOLY HECK THAT TRAILER. THAT WORLD. THE SPELLS. THE OUTFITS. THE BUILD BUY.

September 10th I’m going to be screaming forever in joy as I download this.
Post edited by RobinGreenthumb on

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2019
    We still barely know nothing about it, don't make assumptions that early.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Maybe. I hope so...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    We still barely know nothing about it, don't make assumptions that early.

Lol
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Second best, obviously. However, it appears that the witch enthusiasts among us are going to get what they want. That's a good thing.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Not with packs like Parenthood and Vampires. We still don't know a lot about this pack, it has no place in my rankings as of now because of that.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The trailer alone blows them out of the water. Vampires is my favorite, but RoM will easily take it over, as I vastly prefer witches to vampires.
    The trailer alone blows them out of the water. Vampires is my favorite, but RoM will easily take it over, as I vastly prefer witches to vampires.

Not only that, but we get two worlds instead of one, and the sheer amount. Of STUFF shown in everything just- gah. I’m so excited. PHOENIXES.

Like vampires is awesome don’t get me wrong- but the only thing that could knock this down below that pack based off what we see so far (more skills, more worlds, a TON of build/buy) would be if they don’t stick the landing and provide a solid magic system.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm pretty sure it will be best for me too. I'm not big on playing vamps personally and I know it is a great pack.... but I've been waiting for Witches forever. Watching the trailer the 10 times or so that I've done so far made me tear up so yeah. I can't wait.
    egTcBMc.png
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    Vampires will always be my favourite. Realm of Magic does look fun so far though. I'm looking forward to finding out more.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Looks really cool so far; but have to wait and see more. I hope the magic system is fleshed out like Vampires where you can pick perks but comes at a cost of negative traits (though that might be hard to do; but maybe their could be good and bad magic though).

Looks like that one lady is the head mistress of a school which would be cool if it was and possibly setting up for University expansion,
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    .....wouldn't go that far just yet.....we don't know all about it...
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    The best game pack for me is Spa Day. I don't see Realm of Magic beating it at all.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    Not with packs like Parenthood and Vampires. We still don't know a lot about this pack, it has no place in my rankings as of now because of that.
    You don't need to parent your kids when you can just cast a spell on them to make them behave.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    It's definitely promising! I'll always love my Vampires, but Realm might soar up to second place for me!
    #Team Occult
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it will be best for me too. I'm not big on playing vamps personally and I know it is a great pack.... but I've been waiting for Witches forever. Watching the trailer the 10 times or so that I've done so far made me tear up so yeah. I can't wait.

I think ROM will make me want to play vampires more. They’ll fit in nicely in this universe of magical sims. I know vamps can’t also be spellcasters, that’s okay for me, but they can be friends or foes of the witches and wizards. That could be some fun new gameplay. 🙂

• AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    I’m not getting my hopes up because it’s a game pack for a reason. Don’t want to see this forum flooded with “that’s it?” after it drops. I’m excited and will enjoy it I’m sure but don’t want to have high expectations about it!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

I think ROM will make me want to play vampires more. They’ll fit in nicely in this universe of magical sims. I know vamps can’t also be spellcasters, that’s okay for me, but they can be friends or foes of the witches and wizards. That could be some fun new gameplay. 🙂

Plus, for all of the Vampires who were unwillingly "cured" of their condition, they can now seek out revenge by becoming Spellcasters! >:)
    #Team Occult
    AlanSims wrote: »
    I’m not getting my hopes up because it’s a game pack for a reason. Don’t want to see this forum flooded with “that’s it?” after it drops. I’m excited and will enjoy it I’m sure but don’t want to have high expectations about it!

Oh I’m hype, but I think I have realistic expectations compared to some of what I’ve seen. For example- figures only one of the two worlds would be liveable, and the liveable one probably midnight hollow sized. Aaaand from tweets from the gurus- looks like I’m right!

But I do think it’s going to provide some amazing variety of play, and already some of my biggest concerns have been laid to rest by tweets.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I am SO EXCITED for this pack!!! The realm looks absolutely STUNNING and I can't wait for more info!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The "that's it" isn't going to bother me. I enjoy my game and looking forward to more. I want magic and witches and here it is! I'm on the hype train and not disembarking anytime soon, because having fun is fun, especially if you know what you like.
    egTcBMc.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm looking forward to this one. I've always liked witches better than vampires. Can't wait for more info!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    This pack looks to be everything I hoped for (well, everything I figured I could reasonably hope for, given this is a mid-level add on for a computer game) with regards to the magic system and the life state options.

I expect to like this better than Vampires, because I like mages better than vampires.

So this will (probably) be my favorite game pack.

(Unless they do a proper Fair Folk expansion with actual Faery Lore, rather than just pretty and or goth pixies. Granted, I don't actually know how they've handled Fairies in the past... and I don't care.)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm beyond excited, and I wants it NOWZ! 21 days feels like forever. ROFL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg