Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2019
    That red head sim in the trailer reminds me of Newt Scamander.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Looks good!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Would be neat if the “pets” that were being spelled with look vaguely similar to the void critters that kids can play with. Cause sometimes kid games are vaguely based off magical creatures. No problem if not though
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @PlayerSinger2010 I asked on twitter and it's a confirmed life state yay! With that I can go back to bed.

What is a Sage?

A Sage is the magic equivalent of Vlad.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I just need to say that I frakking love that song in the trailer, it is BAD-AZZ! I'm downloading it right now and I'm surprised they chose it because it has naughty lyrics and the video is gothy. >:)

I didn't think they could choose a better song than the one in Vampires but...oh yeah. B)
    #Team Occult
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    The floating islands don't really do it for me personally, but having said that, I appreciate the unique feature. I genuinely didn't think it would be something that they would include. It's great to see they're going with a similar system to Vampires, at least you know it's gonna take some time and won't be super easy to work your way to the top.

I'm absolutely loving the gothic aesthetic though, looking forward to seeing the new items for CAS and Build/Buy mode and I think the stuff from Vampires is gonna go great with this pack. I wonder if a vampire and a spellcaster could duel? Hmm.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    It doesn't look good, Wands seem to be forced, Magic isn't nicely animated, they shouldn't have done magic hands. Potions look stupid and it They made a mockery of what could have been an awesome pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It looks so good. I can't wait.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I think ROM will add some more use to Forgotten Hollow, too. I never play there because it’s too small and the vampires seem out of place in a pretty sparsely supernatural sims universe. But I can definitely imagine Glimmerbrook and FH being neighboring towns. Maybe FH will be the bad side (think Knockturn Alley from HP). And I imagine Windenburg is the closest major city to the two, where all the modern spellcasters blend in with society. Maybe I can build some “hidden” magical shops there.

I know the worlds are getting smaller and that’s a bummer but if it’s how it is, I just need to find a way to use old worlds in new ways. Which is also kind of fun 🙂
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Dutch official The Sims website mentions that spellcasters will be able to choose a totem animal/familiar. Dragons and fairies as well!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    can we edit familiars or are there just specific ones?
    also do familiars only show up with casting a spell or are they always around as sort of pets?
    also can the familiars grow or are they always small?
    is there ''dragon egg'' situation and trying to hatch familiars or nah?
    i have so many questions
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    This is what I've been waiting for! It looks so good.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have some questions:

1. Will the witch sim have 2 forms like aliens and vampires?
    2. Are there 2 paths like evil or good?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2019
    Looks like Harry Potter on steroids.

The world reminds me of the one from Get Together.

I like her turtleneck.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    "An ethereal familiar – or protector -- will help your Sim become the Spellcaster they were destined to be. Summon a dragon, fairy, or the familiar that best suits your Sim’s personality as a personal guard and give it a creative name."
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I just looked it up, and Sims 3 witches have 51 alchemy potions, and 17 spells.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Two worlds it looks like (one might be a hidden world) and one is a darker world that I have been hoping for! Also loving the CAS items I saw. Looks like you have duels which is cool. I just hope the magic system is really well done and can be good or bad but have to waiting and see until we get more info. Also looks like there are different potions (and poisons? One has the skull and bones, so that's interesting).

All it all, it looks pretty amazing and so hyped up for it. One of the packs I have been waiting for.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Uhm SimGuruRomeo is giving very suspicious answers on Twitter regarding spiral stairs. I don’t know how to link on mobile, but someone better at these things please do because spiral stairs?! Maybe??? 😱
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member

Nice, so you can fly with the broom after all. Not sure where you would be traveling since...you mostly just fast travel by clicking m. But maybe the world is a bit larger like sulani so you can explore a bit.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2019

I'm sad and disappointed about this, but not surprised. My main sim is a vampire and I was so hoping he would be able to learn magic too. I mean, vampires are witches in some folklore! Oh well, it still looks like a fun pack. I just hope children don't get left out this time so I can at least turn my vampire's child into a cute little 'spellcaster'.

My stance is always been that an undead, biologically immortal being would be more predisposed to magic and therefore would be more likely to be spellcasters. After all, you've got all of eternity to learn. Most fantasy settings include this sort of thing. However, I understand that the devs are looking to have witches be distinct and concede this for gameplay purposes. I'm sure that there are mods that will allow us to at least use alchemy.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited August 2019
    Uhm SimGuruRomeo is giving very suspicious answers on Twitter regarding spiral stairs. I don’t know how to link on mobile, but someone better at these things please do because spiral stairs?! Maybe??? 😱

This would be the perfect pack for them! *fingers crossed*
    As I posted in another thread, it's possible that they would do like they did with the lounge chairs and add one version to the base game via the update and a few more varieties with the pack.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top