Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody know what the stupid new random outfit is?

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
I keep modding out all these idiotic rain, festival, fake vampire, towels with a dozen pieces of bling, etc, randomized outfits that keep popping up, making my carefully created Sims look like they did their clothes shopping in the dark at a flea market. There's still one I can't seem to find; it happens when I'm either visiting another sims home and they go to bed, or do the same while visiting my house. And when they get up, often times they are wearing some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 party style outfit (I can only assume it's a party outfit, although I have no idea what kind of party you'd wear something like that too, unless it involved heavy drug use). Anyone know what its purpose is so I can nuke it?

And as for you, EA Maxis, STOP PUTTING THESE OUTFITS IN THE GAME! They add absolutely nothing. I just spent an hour and a half re-tooling the outfits of town sims I moved into Sulani (which is growing on me) so they'd better fit the island look, and within 5 minutes they're dressing like idiots again. Thanks a heap.

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Judging by your description, it's the Get Famous walk-by outfit.
    There is a mod to nuke it there https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

Heads up though, there is also a secret festival outfit for Sulani. It really likes socks with sandals.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Judging by your description, it's the Get Famous walk-by outfit.
    There is a mod to nuke it there https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

Heads up though, there is also a secret festival outfit for Sulani. It really likes socks with sandals.

Thanks, but I already have that mod, so that's not the one. I did go in just now and made something called situation outfit not available for any age, but I doubt that will do it. And I just discovered the island festival outfits you described...3 sims showed up in them, so I went out and modded like crazy (only about a dozen different categories...grrrr). The rest of the sims that showed up after that dressed normal, so hopefully that took care of that.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Do you have a screen or example of what the sims wear ?
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    No, but the last time my visiting island girl put on variations of the suit Diego Lobo wears, along with glasses, a floppy hat, bracelets, earrings, gloves, stockings...you know the drill.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hate the stupid situational outfits and from what I've seen so do most players yet they keep adding more of them in.
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    Well, it's annoying so I decided not only mod situational outfits out, but even swapping around with the sim filter perhaps so only the "other households" are picked for each role.

And also, not only just situation outfits that annoys, but I'm also annoyed of athletic clothes too as they're not really my culture, so I did some XML modding off it. So after all it depends on what you think.