March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic info coming Tuesday 8/20

1235...Next

Comments

• BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wonder if a secret location in Willow Creek will be changed somehow. It looks nice and mystic but it's quite useless. It would be cool if the Devs made something special with it. Maybe place the portal here? Or make a chance to meet a witch or fairy?
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I'm excited but in a wary way. Game packs are usually far better than expansion packs, but still. Seems like magic is still a bit touchy since there's so many people who want different magic stuff.

I'm hoping for witches. Especially after seeing the leaked shots with a sim drinking a potion. But I'm just hoping we'll get cool spells and potions that actually do "witchy" stuff rather than changing your sim or others emotions. I'm so tired of emotions this and emotions that. Give me real gameplay!
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Yes, spells and potions are essential. However, since the Vampires GP was so successful, I think we will get something similar. The most obvious decision, I think, is a spell system that is equal to vampire Powers or Fame system.
    Like you can choose from different magic schools with several spells in each: Love Magic, Fire Magic, Frost Magic, Death Magic etc...
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    That background of the one portal image reminds me of Magnolia Blossom Park. A lot of people say the "Coming Soon" photo looks like no Sims 4 world they've ever seen, but the combo of pink trees and pine trees is reminiscent of MBPark, I'd say.

Realm-of-Magic.jpg

670?cb=20140916000510
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    *Puts street cone on head, wraps grandmother's afghan blanket around shoulders, sits at coffee table gazing into "divination" dollar store snow globe*

I'm so ready for this trailer.
    #Team Occult
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    That background of the one portal image reminds me of Magnolia Blossom Park. A lot of people say the "Coming Soon" photo looks like no Sims 4 world they've ever seen, but the combo of pink trees and pine trees is reminiscent of MBPark, I'd say.

Well, one would expect that one side of the portal is in the unknown and one in an already-existing location. We have entrance to one secret area in the desert park, why not entrance to RoM area (for those who buy the pack) from the other base game park?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Those are just costumes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

I mean...it's what I was expecting. This isn't a Supernatural Expansion Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

Those are just costumes.

Yes, for now. But depending how magic works in this pack, it could be possible to create some type of Fairy until they are officially developed. We'll know more very shortly. :)
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Ugghhh is it time yet???
    egTcBMc.png
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    5 minutes to go and it's still too long to wait.
    3 Minutes!!
    #Team Occult
    Almost.... here....
    #Team Occult
    1 minute!!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    *jaw drops*
    egTcBMc.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'll take it from what appears to be a transformation sequence that magic is indeed locked behind a lifestate once again. Pity. On a more positive note, alchemy appears to have returned so at least there is that for non-witches.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Click the more info link and you find a lot more information. The new world is called Glimmerbrook!
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/realm-magic-reveal?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_yt_realm-of-magic-reveal-blog-yt&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=59468&ts=1565697835298

The magic world you get to from the new world. You don't have to go there until you want to as you can't get back without learning how! :)
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    With RoM releasing on 10th September, does it mean possible patch on 6th, by the usual release logic?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2019
    :totally freaks out:
    There are not words for how beside myself with excitement I am! rofl

tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do9_r1_1280.jpg
    I was happy to see Glimmerbrook had no modern FX in the background. Thank you plumbobs!!!
    Then the sim stepped through the portal, and my jaw literally dropped. The hidden world looks amazing! I'm sure we can't "live" there permanently, but you can bet my sim will find a way to loiter and be a homeless bum there indefinitely. LOL
    tumblr_pwjjebkD8p1y677n6o1_1280.png

There are little creatures floating around and flying in the background. I saw an electric blue bat and a little green chameleon like critter. I'm assuming they're just background, but they might also be the familiars the gurus were talking about on twitter. Either way, they add to the atmosphere so I appreciate them. You can see both in these snapshots.
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do8_1280.png
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do5_1280.png

The jewelry is so awesome! I want this sim's earrings and necklace so bad!
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do6_1280.png
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do4_1280.png

Love the background decor here. The atmosphere is just marvelous. The sims team did a superb job setting the stage properly for this theme!
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do3_1280.png
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do1_1280.png
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do2_1280.png
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do7_1280.png

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    Brinn wrote: »
    I wonder if a secret location in Willow Creek will be changed somehow. It looks nice and mystic but it's quite useless. It would be cool if the Devs made something special with it. Maybe place the portal here? Or make a chance to meet a witch or fairy?

I couldn't agree more! I love that spot (Sylvan Glade), and it is the easiest secret location to get to, so now that we have a bona fide Magic Pack, it would be nice if some magic things could be there: perhaps the rare plants needed for spells (mandrake or valerian) would spawn there, or some of the crystals, or a few of the familiars. I don't know if they should put a portal there though as it is already a secret world in itself and I have a feeling the portal only exists in Glimmerbrook. Maybe there could be a secret entrance to Glimmerbrook, and from there you could find the Portal. Anyway, given that little pixies fly around there and laugh at times it would be great if we could have more magical creatures there too.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I really don't want zombies. I couldn't stand them in Sims 3.

I did not care for them myself and was glad I could turn them off.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I really don't want zombies. I couldn't stand them in Sims 3.

I did not care for them myself and was glad I could turn them off.

Yeah. It was so annoying trying to have gardener sims before the zombies could be turned off, because it was impossible to look after the plants properly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.