Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hey, everyone! I want to participate here, though I have slow Internet and may not always be able to post or read everyone's stories. I think I need some motivation, though, so this might help me. I haven't finished one of my ongoing stories yet - I only have the first chapters done and a few short stories (though I plan to).

@divanthesimmer Hey there. You're very welcome to participate. Don't worry about not being able to read everyone's stories. Just participate when you can.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    @simscognito What does "Loved and Remembered" mean? I'm guessing it means that the story has been completed?

completed stories that were talking about that we loved or something like that.

@Pinmat135 It means completed stories that we have enjoyed. :)

thats what i said. :p
    @simscognito What does "Loved and Remembered" mean? I'm guessing it means that the story has been completed?

I was just copying you! :p

that didn't take long we derailed the topic already.

that didn't take long we derailed the topic already.

Lol! Us rebels :D
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hey, everyone! I want to participate here, though I have slow Internet and may not always be able to post or read everyone's stories. I think I need some motivation, though, so this might help me. I haven't finished one of my ongoing stories yet - I only have the first chapters done and a few short stories (though I plan to).

@divanthesimmer Hey there. You're very welcome to participate. Don't worry about not being able to read everyone's stories. Just participate when you can.

Awesome, thanks! :smile:
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Thanks, @friendsfan367 and @simscognito!

I'd like to nominate The Bloomer Legacy (the whole blog isn't dedicated to the story, but the home page has the table of contents). You've technically already read a bit of this, because remember the Gen 3 spouse from the Belle Legacy? And Charlotte's wife? Those are the twins, Gretchen and Charlotte, from Gen 3 of the Bloomers! (I haven't read any of the Belle Legacy, but I know this because they talk about it in the Bloomer Legacy. And yes, I skimmed read through the schedule for last time.)
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    What happened to weeks 1, 4, 7, 10, and 16?

@Pinmat135 they were taken down by moderators who felt the simlits violated forum rules.
    Hi everyone, sorry for disappearing.

I had a visit from a moderator who wasn't impressed by some of the content in the simlits that were shared in bookclub earlier this year.

In light of this, I would like to add a rule that all simlits that are nominated must reach forum guidelines.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited October 2019
    I absolutely LOVE this SimLit called Nightshade by @squirrelwithacup, it's so compelling and there's a cliffhanger at the end of almost every chapter.

And uh, I didn't see anything against self-promotion, so I'm gonna suggest my story, The Death Trap. Link in my signature. :wink:

Edit: BOTH of these SimLits follow forum rules- I have checked.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited October 2019

@Pinmat135 they were taken down by moderators who felt the simlits violated forum rules.

i never even saw what was nominated. just back from work. tommorow i work but get cake after. nieces birthday.

i never even saw what was nominated. just back from work. tommorow i work but get cake after. nieces birthday.

They were past nominations, so don't worry.
    I absolutely LOVE this SimLit called Nightshade by @squirrelwithacup, it's so compelling and there's a cliffhanger at the end of almost every chapter.

And uh, I didn't see anything against self-promotion, so I'm gonna suggest my story, The Death Trap. Link in my signature. :wink:

i don't think mine follows the rules but how is that my fault the benders think they were put there so they could see how many they could break. ayden was the worst. he managed to break all the rules in about 10 sim days.

i don't think mine follows the rules but how is that my fault the benders think they were put there so they could see how many they could break. ayden was the worst. he managed to break all the rules in about 10 sim days.

I feel uncomfortable breaking most of the rules that can be broken by SimLits, so I don't, and Nightshade is SUPER clean as far as most SimLits go.
    funny-gifs20.gif

They were past nominations, so don't worry.

good cause this time alec. one of the twins rebeled aparently he got bored being 5 so he skipped all the way to 16.
    so i was forced to age ayden and the others cause alec isn't first hes 4th in birth order. right after alonzo. whos a triplet.

I feel uncomfortable breaking most of the rules that can be broken by SimLits, so I don't, and Nightshade is SUPER clean as far as most SimLits go.

@nerdfashion Awesome. Thanks for the nominations.

i try and follow the rules but ayden . i haven't wrote about him much yet but hes the generation2 heir. and seems to think rules were put in place so he could ignore them. hes the one i was talking about a few weeks ago when i said get off her our married. i'm doing ground hog day same story over and over til i finish it. it breaks a lot.

i'm actually a little uncomfortable writing some of my content too. sometimes i debate whether i should write posts but after 4 years i think the benders wore me down. its their story they just picked me to write it. cathtea is convinced their human.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member

@nerdfashion Oh my gosh, this is such a nice surprise! :heart: Thank you so much for nominating Nightshade. This reminds me I need to get around to reading your story when I get a moment to spare. It seems interesting!

Agreed! It would make me uncomfortable to break most of them too. I really wanted to stay within forum rules and keep in mind some pretty young people come on the forums when starting out writing Nightshade, so I've stuck myself to a strict PG-13.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member

@nerdfashion I agree her Simlit is pretty awesome. She does a fantastic job and works hard on it like most Simlit writers do. It takes lots of time in planning, writing, and doing screenshots. I know she appreciates every person that takes the time to read her Simlit.
    yXW40Hz.png?1

@nerdfashion Oh my gosh, this is such a nice surprise! :heart: Thank you so much for nominating Nightshade. This reminds me I need to get around to reading your story when I get a moment to spare. It seems interesting!

Agreed! It would make me uncomfortable to break most of them too. I really wanted to stay within forum rules and keep in mind some pretty young people come on the forums when starting out writing Nightshade, so I've stuck myself to a strict PG-13.

I hope you enjoy it! And if you started today, you don't have to wait long for Chapter 7 because it comes out tomorrow!

funny-gifs20.gif

Hi everyone, because of health-related reasons, I am withdrawing from running bookclub.
    If anyone wishes to take over from me, please let me know and I'll send you the current nominations.
    I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @simscognito I hope the health issues get better soon. Rest well, and thank you so much for running the Book Club so far. All the best. :heart:
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)