Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Occults Are You Expecting For ROM?

Comments

• Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm hoping for fairy, if got fairy I will buy, If no fairy I might buy too. *shrug*

The Sims Game
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »
    I see no reason to expect any until there's some sort of indication that there would be one. I think the community is getting a bit ahead of themselves on this one (but that's nothing new, to be fair :p )

Well the way they presented it during E3 did very strongly - and I think quite purposefully - allude to witches (deliberately dropping words like spell and conjure) so I'm not sure why you'd say that as if it was illogical for people to assume there will be witches - sure, magic could absolutely be a skill, but this thread is just about what people are guessing to be in there. No harm in that, eh.

there was multiple tweets about RoM pointing to witches after that too by the gurus so itd be odd if it was not there

though I am not too fussed about if it is called "magical sim" or "magic user" or "sorcerer" or whatever in the pack as long as i am able to do magic and do witchy things and wear witchy things
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    One (if any) is what I expect i.e. witches, which both excites and disappoints me since I want my vampire sim to be able to learn magic too. I would love werewolves and fairies, but I think they are more likely to come later either in their own game pack or as part of an expansion.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    One and I hope it'll be a customizeable generic magic user, but in practice I expect it to be witches with a good and an evil skill tree.
  • bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    Only witches. It would be cool if they minor occults like toadified sims or even zombies. I don't expect them to include those though.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yikes! Three hours and fifteen minutes until the trailer drops! (If I'm doing timezone conversion right of course.)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    One-ish lol.

I'm expecting one, but in a flexible way that allows us to play whatever "type" we want from a selection of possibilities.
    #Team Occult
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yikes! Three hours and fifteen minutes until the trailer drops! (If I'm doing timezone conversion right of course.)

I think the YouTube video tells you when it drops - unless I'm mistaken that means it should be at 5pm (here) so in about 2 hours and 5 minutes?
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I think the YouTube video tells you when it drops - unless I'm mistaken that means it should be at 5pm (here) so in about 2 hours and 5 minutes?

Eh. I'll be at school anyway, and I don't know the WiFi password there, so I'll have to wait till I get home, around 3pm here.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I'm expecting full-functional witches and a "fake" lifestate. Something like plantsims or skeletons, or scarecrows. The Pack's name is "Magic Realm", not "Witches", so we can expect something more than just one lifestate.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    1 fleshed out - Witches.
    I'm hoping for a temporary state as well that Witches can create - Zombies. I'm not considering this in my count because it wouldn't be a solid lifestate.
    I'm also hoping they include Genies as an object/NPC item that ties back to Witches.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    1, and Witches. I would be shocked if it’s a different life state but eh.

I will say I have tentative hopes for Fairies as well, but I’m not expecting them.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

Confirmation no fairies or werewolves. The next tweet also confirms the life state is witches (I think they'll be the only one, but we'll see).
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

Confirmation no fairies or werewolves. The next tweet also confirms the life state is witches (I think they'll be the only one, but we'll see).

I love occults as much as the rest of you, but honestly I just breathed a great sigh of relief. One at a time to get it right please, devs!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's a Game Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited August 2019
    0 (explain)
    They're calling it Spellcasters, not Witches.
    Discover the Neighborhood
    An unreal world awaits your Sim, and when you stumble upon the secret portal, there are mystical discoveries at every turn. Interact with familiars, cast spells on Sims around you, and concoct potions for friends and enemies.
    Learn the Craft
    Study up on classic teachings, get sorcerous experts to train your Sim, and become a Spellcaster by completing a quest. Collect and cast spells to make Sims fight, conjure food, or even turn others into objects. Create drinkable potions to make Sims fall in love, remove unwanted curses, or live forever!
    Get Real Familiar
    An ethereal familiar – or protector -- will help your Sim become the Spellcaster they were destined to be. Summon a dragon, fairy, or the familiar that best suits your Sim’s personality as a personal guard and give it a creative name.
    Dress for Supernatural Success
    Get in the spirit of sorcery with outfits that suit your Sim. Over-the-top attire is cauldron-ready, while a subdued ensemble is perfect for casting new spells. Collect wands and brooms to finish the look, then decorate rooms with enchanting objects.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I think it will just be witches. Fairies would be fun too though. I would love for dragons to make an appearance but I'd assume they'd be treated as more like a pet.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I think it will just be witches. Fairies would be fun too though. I would love for dragons to make an appearance but I'd assume they'd be treated as more like a pet.

According to the pack info on the sales page, you can summon fairies and dragons. We will have to wait to see their roles, but I suspect it won't be as pets. I'm thinking this also means we probably won't see Fae being a fleshed out lifestate.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    They're calling it Spellcasters, not Witches.
    Discover the Neighborhood
    An unreal world awaits your Sim, and when you stumble upon the secret portal, there are mystical discoveries at every turn. Interact with familiars, cast spells on Sims around you, and concoct potions for friends and enemies.
    Learn the Craft
    Study up on classic teachings, get sorcerous experts to train your Sim, and become a Spellcaster by completing a quest. Collect and cast spells to make Sims fight, conjure food, or even turn others into objects. Create drinkable potions to make Sims fall in love, remove unwanted curses, or live forever!
    Get Real Familiar
    An ethereal familiar – or protector -- will help your Sim become the Spellcaster they were destined to be. Summon a dragon, fairy, or the familiar that best suits your Sim’s personality as a personal guard and give it a creative name.
    Dress for Supernatural Success
    Get in the spirit of sorcery with outfits that suit your Sim. Over-the-top attire is cauldron-ready, while a subdued ensemble is perfect for casting new spells. Collect wands and brooms to finish the look, then decorate rooms with enchanting objects.

Fairies and dragon familiars? Pretty cool!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I am beginning to wonder, after being so dashed in my initial thought we would get witches and werewolves, if the Spellcasters are even a new life state or something solely you can learn. the magical part of the world looks pretty funky, the rest from the trailer would pass for part of Willow Creek. That might not be a bad thing, I think it is fun to think that all the towns and cities may somehow be linked or have some vacant areas between that could one day be filled.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

According to the pack info on the sales page, you can summon fairies and dragons. We will have to wait to see their roles, but I suspect it won't be as pets. I'm thinking this also means we probably won't see Fae being a fleshed out lifestate.

Probably not, but it will be interesting to find out.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I am beginning to wonder, after being so dashed in my initial thought we would get witches and werewolves, if the Spellcasters are even a new life state or something solely you can learn. the magical part of the world looks pretty funky, the rest from the trailer would pass for part of Willow Creek. That might not be a bad thing, I think it is fun to think that all the towns and cities may somehow be linked or have some vacant areas between that could one day be filled.

The world is sooooooooo beautiful though - even the non-magical one, I've been waiting for a forest world for so long <3
    ehwwCDl.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I expect 1 they are going nickel and dime every feature this is the Sims 4.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    LMcGE wrote: »

Now that I think about it, the world kinda looks like Granite Falls to me...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CatnipSimzCatnipSimz Posts: 18 Member
    I would LOVE a pack like the sims 3 supernatural, but this one seems based only around witches. Hoping for a sims 4 supernatural in the future tho.