Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about overhead cupboards

I've noticed that a lot of houses have overhead cupboards, say over the fridge or oven, that are smaller than the regular overhead cupboards. How is that done? I've never been able to work out how to place them. There doesn't seem to be half-sized overhead cupboards so I'm assuming there's some way of placing the regular ones & reducing in size. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd love to know the secret!

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    The smaller cupboards are in the cabinet section. If you uncheck the "auto fill" box then click on the colour swatches a picture of the different cabinet shapes comes up. (it's the same for the cupboard and island benches)

2Wdzfht.png
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Oh thank you Sawdust! I didn't know that.
  • Aconn103Aconn103 Posts: 2 New Member
    With this my half cabinets are only showing up on the lower half of the cabinets but I want it on the top half... how would I go about doing it??
    Aconn103 wrote: »
    With this my half cabinets are only showing up on the lower half of the cabinets but I want it on the top half... how would I go about doing it??

Not sure what you mean by lower half and top half. Are you talking about counters which go on the floor and cabinets which go on the wall?

If you look at the picture above (in the other post) the coloured cupboards are the cabinets that go on the wall. You can slide them up and down the wall to place them. You will need to have a certain space between them and a counter below otherwise you can fill a wall with cabinets if you want.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    @Accon103 .........And make sure your overhead cabinets are not too low on the wall as Sims will not be able to use the main counters below to prepare food on etc.
    Something else worth noting is that not all the different shapes are exactly the same for each different type of counter/cabinet. Eg. The left and right end counters for the base game modern are triangular shape. It's worth fiddling around and looking at the different types you can put together.