Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Must-have"s for Realm of Magic + Ideas

2...Next

Comments

• bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    I want spells that correspond to regular skills. For example if a witch has a certain skill level in cooking, or learned a certain recipe, the witch can summon a plate of that dish magically, which increased the magic points.
    I also want to affect relationships, like the spell from TS2 that allows you to either accept or reject 5 social interactions.

Also I hope the mix the vampires and celebrity systems for this pack. The vampire system could be used for witches but also adding perks like wicked, good witch, necromancy, pyromancy magic hands or other perks would help differentiate witches from each other.
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    I have my own ideas for refixable update on Occult sims on this topic https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962651/refixed-occult-sims-motives-and-power-perks#latest
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    A medieval or fairy-tale world.

Pet dragons, like we had in like in Makin' Magic. Re-use the pet tech, and give us little firebugs that can climb all over our furniture like cats!

A toadify spell, and the ability to kiss frogs and get a (no doubt freaky-looking townie) Frog Prince, just like in Makin' Magic.

Different classes of spell as part of the skill tree. You'd have the household spells (insta-clean, insta-repair, summon food), the relationship spells (love spells!), the Mischief/evil spells (fire/electrocute/freeze/toadify etc).

Broomsticks, and a Broomstick Arena like Supernatural.
    wJbomAo.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Anmawin wrote: »
    I would love to see Celtic design on some the items. A ring of stones would be cool that might have some mystical qualities.

Now that would be cool, Celtic Symbol tattoos would be cool.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited July 2019
    1.This may be SO far fetched- but hear me out---- Merlin-inspired. Like you said about the dragons. I'd love for there to be a special warlock/dragon relationship where ONLY warlocks or even more specifically, warlock/witches with a trait to talk to dragons, can interact and build relationships/command dragons.

2. Controlling the elements: Witch sims can control or conjure up certain spells to control parts of the elements around them. Ex. a witch can cast a spell on a lit fireplace and can command the fire to alter into different shapes or colors.

3. Halloweentown vibes: maybe some more original Sims vibes where we can get pumpkin-head, goblin, fairy etc. townies who fill up the (maybe new world or secret town like the aliens' secret portal world) to give it a real magic feel, whom your sims can interact/build relationships with.

4. Magical black cats!! Or even better- shapeshifting. Witches are Occult sims, BUT instead of just having the option to have an altered witchy look, just as Mermaids/Aliens do, they can actually have a shapeshifter disguise or a "magical spirt animal" sort of thing where you can turn them into a certain animal. Such as a black cat, a bird-like figure, etc.

5. Spooky day specific interactions. If you have spooky day as a holiday in your game storyline, then witches can perform specific spooky interactions for that holiday only, or maybe their magic is "stronger" on such a day and they can gain magical skill faster this day. Also if the game makers choose to make being a witch/warlock a secret part of a sims identity, like mermaids, then witches can try to hide their powers to those around them and can disguise themselves on spooky day as just being in costume.

6. Since it's called REALM of magic, I'm hoping we really do get an entire new world that allows for different creatures to exist and live freely where normal sims don't fear them. New architecture styles would be nice as well. A treehouse, pre-made home just like the plane wreck lot in Sulani.

7. The obvious- making witch sim babies. If a magic and non magic sim have a child, then there's a 50/50 chance the kid will be born with magical powers.

8. new creature pets?? I'd love for there to be new animals that are strictly pets in habitats, similar to the rodents. Such as owls, lizards, spiders (even though they terrify me in real life lol).

9. Cauldrons to mix spell brews.

10. Herb/plant-based potions pleaseeeeee

11. This may be asking too much- but imagine a different school situation where if your sims live in one of the non-magical worlds but your child is a witch, then you have the option to send them to magical private school!! Sort of like a Hogwarts. They either go and their magical skill is affected based on if they do their magical homework or not and then they get to come back home, but they have a cloak-like school uniform!!!

12. I really hope kids/teens get a lot of new things to do with this pack, because I get bored with them since some of the things they get to do a more limited than it is for adults. Kids should get fun little interactions if they are magical such as being able to conjure spells to turn food they have in front of them into candy, pull pranks on other sims, etc.

This is all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I have more!
    Angellulu wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm super excited for the new Magic pack and, being somewhat disappointed with mermaids, I do hope they make it better for Witches.

I want to add, that Vampires pack is amazing, it is exceptionally well done and thorough! I REALLY hope Sim develops will put as much research and dedication to Witches as much as they did with Vampires. Truly my favorite pack I'm every aspect.

To avoid disappointments, and provide our ideas, I decided to make a list of MUST HAVEs:

1. Skill tree with different Elemental magic / good vs evil / etc magic. Gives Witches variety and can be build specifically to taste, like Vampires, but without weaknesses.
    2. Broom flying. Make it! Please.
    3. Alchemy, self explanatory.
    4. Robes and Witchy clothes (Medieval and/or Victorian style)
    5. Dragons! I love baby dragons from Sims 1, so cute and dangerous. Perhaps they can be done like Dolphins, but I hope they dont dissapeared elsewhere, and stay in fireplace as sleeping place.
    6. Fun and interesting spells. Magical duels, cool animation, silly spells too.
    7. New magical career (astronomer / tarot reader / astrologist / crystal ball gazing, etc)
    8. Lunar calendar (with eclipses, blue moon, blood moon! And telescope and astronomy charts!)
    9. Familiars (cats + owl/raven/Phoenix in some bird cage)
    10. SPIRAL STAIRCASES!! We need those. Also I want to build a tower and need spiral staircase to lead to tower's chamber with wizard living there.
    11. Unlockable secret lot, something magical and exciting! Mermaids rabbit hole cave and diving is just so underwhelming and plain disappointing.
    12. A new world! With 6-9 lots please! It's a realm for a reason, we cant have magical sims waltzing world-less around like poor magic hobos. Nah ah.
    13. Magic wise, as some suggested, needs to be fire, ice, water, wind, spark, earth, life, death, curses, healings, and also fun spells (like classic frog ones, cleaning, Etc)
    14. Own tombstones and new Graveyard location! Evil witches can perform spells there and maybe raise the dead, or atleast do spooky stuff.
    15. Cauldron for potions and spells. @ravenspit for idea. They are a classic and fun! Witch without a cauldron is a boring/tasteless witch.
    16. Curses! I know I mentioned them earlier, but lemmie clarify: throughout centuries people talk of witches with fear due to curses they put on others. So, we must have some kind of curses. Like random sickness on sim, frog, sleep spells, etc. With scared new emotion! Or atleast animation and moodlet of being afraid. And healing witches exist too. Good ones who dispell the curses and heal others.
    17. Group Witch dance for bonfires, rituals, grave dances, etc. Sounds awesome! Great idea. Witch coven club that dances by fire/ritual in the night, worshipping the Moon and Stars. So cool! Mystical.
    18. Ouja board @DreamCytcher idea sounds great! Spooky way to play with spirits, sims can ask questions and do scared and frightened animations, and if theres a ghost in room it answers and makes board float ominously and if you play as a ghost you get some prank options. Hehe
    19. Weather spells! @StarlitDown idea. Also NEW weather type! Like thick fog, or raining frogs! I've known witches, real, who know how to control the weather. Weirdest "proof" test I had was when she made hail, rain, snow, thunder, and lightning within like an hour. So cool!
    20. Beautiful bookcases, stacks of tomes, and magic books. Also, bookcase secret door! Yusss, who doesnt want a secret magical lair hidden behind the bookcase?

Help me add some on the list you guys!
    Thank you all for your ideas, I'll try to add names of who participated when I have time.

PLEASE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SPIRAL STAIRCASES FOR SO LONG.
    Angellulu wrote: »
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    11. unicorns
    12. cooking/brewing cauldron
    13. new magical dancemoves/groupdance (imagine a couple of witches dancing arround a fire at midnight...the stuff of dreams)
    14. a new world? I hope so, it is called REALM of magic after all...

and so much more, much, much more...
    I am sure we won't get everything we could wish for, but I am pretty hopefull about this one judging by how well done the vampires are and they were "just" a GP too.

I love the ideas! Definitely need some cool witchy group dances for ritual and fun purposes. Unicorns may not fit in though, unless they also add horses and that who knows when will happen (if ever). I'd love to make a coven of witches to gather on moon lit nights and dance around bonfire/ritual altar :smiley:

Oh YES I'd love to make a group from the get together pack where it's just all witches making their own coven and are casting spells and being witchy together.
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Ultimately good animations and special particle effects. So far the Sims 4 hasn’t disappointed... except I didn’t like how vampires had that green wire-ry effect when they command other Sims.
    But there are a lot of other good effects in the game already. And I noticed in Island Living the Elementals, particularly the fire elemental had good animations. So I don’t think I'll be disappointed when it comes to fire magic.
    I just hope light and dark magic can both do equal harm.
    Light magic = Sun inspired attacks, that can push the darkness back.
    Dark magic = Darkness and shadow attacks, that can snuff out the light.

Medieval and Baroque fashion and Architecture.
    Like I said, my sorcerers are something out of an. Arthurian legend. I would like the world to look medieval and then the Fashion look Baroque.
    To me that style looks elegant and more magical and more dignified and “witchy” to me.
    I want to dress my sorcerer like an aristocratic Lord with a position in a King’s court.
    And then Modern adaptations of the medieval and baroque style.

For a world I would love a seemingly timeless world stuck in medieval times, charmingly old fashioned but advancing. Basically feudalistic society, where you now to some one with status and please your lord and do their bidding for protection and justice against thieves and scum. France or England in the 10th century. A 64x64 lot or bigger for a castle, and then a town square as the focused neighborhood with about, 4 lots 40x40 each.
    I’m going to build a Tavern/bakery/cafe, and then retail/crafting stores.
    And then a forest/plains area outside of the village to search for ingredients. Maybe a small 20x20 lot to build a hovel. For an introverted sorcerer.

Which goes into my next other must haves other than magic skills, enchanting, Alchemy, and magic, i’d Like to see, a blacksmithing and cloth making become a thing.
    So an Anvil working with metals to craft armor and Swords, Mace Battle axe Elaborating into a Sword fighting skill. And then Archery linked to woodworking.
    Not so much that sword fighting and archery leads to death more just for sport and action, and admitting defeat.

Back to magic I would need the “Heart Ripping” spell from Once Upon a Time.
    And when it comes to potions and curses, I would like those spells to be more than just “better or worsening” another Sims life. There should be a challenge.
    Like if I ruined a sim’s chances of completing their aspirations by casting a curse of infertility on them and their aspiration was big happy family or successful lineage.

Spells should be permanent. If I cast a sleeping curse on a sim, and then let’s say I rotate households that victim should still remain under the curse. I shouldn’t see them walking around later on. They should be taken off the board.
    And if we do “true loves kiss.” Don’t make it only the sim with the highest romance level. But the sim with the highest friendship level also can break the curse.

I'd honestly LOVE for there to be a monarchy in this hopefully new world we get. I'm talking BBC Merlin inspired here, people. Give me a good Arthurian legend-styled kingdom. We already have knight armor from Get Together EP, so it's nothing new that'd be added, it'd just finally give them a purpose, A STORYLINE!!! I would love jousting as a new skill, like a 5 level skill similar to the photography skill! What you said about lineage made me think of curses, like casting a family lineage curse on other sims so other sims much deal with it down the lineage. Even having the option for your sims to have the family curse where it becomes part of their storyline to break said curse for future generations. Sort of like strangerville with saving the entire town! Also your medieval sim town sounds fantastic, can I please visit? Thank you.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Absolutely everything in the OP!
    Especially the ability to be a light or dark or good or evil witch / wizard.
    Some cool building and CAS features.
    Spell book, cauldron, that kinda stuff.
    The death phone!!! (And zombies in some way if a resurrection goes wrong like in TS2. Maybe not dependent on how much you pay, but maybe your sim would need to answer a series of questions and if they pick wrong answers the resurrected sim ends up a zombie)
    Paranormal career track...
    Maybe some skills that link in with other skills in the game. E.g you could build certain sorcery objects for a lair and level up in handiness or garden certain mystic plants that help with spells....

Can you tell I really want this GP?! 😂
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Ultimately good animations and special particle effects. So far the Sims 4 hasn’t disappointed... except I didn’t like how vampires had that green wire-ry effect when they command other Sims.
    But there are a lot of other good effects in the game already. And I noticed in Island Living the Elementals, particularly the fire elemental had good animations. So I don’t think I'll be disappointed when it comes to fire magic.
    I just hope light and dark magic can both do equal harm.
    Light magic = Sun inspired attacks, that can push the darkness back.
    Dark magic = Darkness and shadow attacks, that can snuff out the light.

Medieval and Baroque fashion and Architecture.
    Like I said, my sorcerers are something out of an. Arthurian legend. I would like the world to look medieval and then the Fashion look Baroque.
    To me that style looks elegant and more magical and more dignified and “witchy” to me.
    I want to dress my sorcerer like an aristocratic Lord with a position in a King’s court.
    And then Modern adaptations of the medieval and baroque style.

For a world I would love a seemingly timeless world stuck in medieval times, charmingly old fashioned but advancing. Basically feudalistic society, where you now to some one with status and please your lord and do their bidding for protection and justice against thieves and scum. France or England in the 10th century. A 64x64 lot or bigger for a castle, and then a town square as the focused neighborhood with about, 4 lots 40x40 each.
    I’m going to build a Tavern/bakery/cafe, and then retail/crafting stores.
    And then a forest/plains area outside of the village to search for ingredients. Maybe a small 20x20 lot to build a hovel. For an introverted sorcerer.

Which goes into my next other must haves other than magic skills, enchanting, Alchemy, and magic, i’d Like to see, a blacksmithing and cloth making become a thing.
    So an Anvil working with metals to craft armor and Swords, Mace Battle axe Elaborating into a Sword fighting skill. And then Archery linked to woodworking.
    Not so much that sword fighting and archery leads to death more just for sport and action, and admitting defeat.

Back to magic I would need the “Heart Ripping” spell from Once Upon a Time.
    And when it comes to potions and curses, I would like those spells to be more than just “better or worsening” another Sims life. There should be a challenge.
    Like if I ruined a sim’s chances of completing their aspirations by casting a curse of infertility on them and their aspiration was big happy family or successful lineage.

Spells should be permanent. If I cast a sleeping curse on a sim, and then let’s say I rotate households that victim should still remain under the curse. I shouldn’t see them walking around later on. They should be taken off the board.
    And if we do “true loves kiss.” Don’t make it only the sim with the highest romance level. But the sim with the highest friendship level also can break the curse.

I'd honestly LOVE for there to be a monarchy in this hopefully new world we get. I'm talking BBC Merlin inspired here, people. Give me a good Arthurian legend-styled kingdom. We already have knight armor from Get Together EP, so it's nothing new that'd be added, it'd just finally give them a purpose, A STORYLINE!!! I would love jousting as a new skill, like a 5 level skill similar to the photography skill! What you said about lineage made me think of curses, like casting a family lineage curse on other sims so other sims much deal with it down the lineage. Even having the option for your sims to have the family curse where it becomes part of their storyline to break said curse for future generations. Sort of like strangerville with saving the entire town! Also your medieval sim town sounds fantastic, can I please visit? Thank you.

Jousting would be fun, horses could make their way in with his pack. I'd love to see, Black Smithing, and Sword Fighting skills too. Fight doesn't have to end in death, but simply with the loser surrendering and having to pay up in some way, all their Simoleons, land, their loyalty, or something.

Oh I mean that's a good idea. What I meant was If I casted an Infertility Curse on a Sim with the aspiration of creating a big happy family, they wouldn't be able to. And then yeah A curse that would effect the the Victim's entire family line for generations would be cool.

I think the Realm of Magic will only be a "Small Corner" of my entire Kingdom of Briarheart.

My sim, Kaegan is my story's Version of Merlin & Disney's Master Yen Sid from The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
    Kaegan, along with his Older-Twin brother Daerick are powerful Sorcerers. They built a tower "The Sorcerer's Tower," and over time they expand it into a Chateau, and then a castle, and the village appears around the castle. Something happens along the way that turns Daerick into a Creature of immense darkness, and becomes the first, and later the King of Daemons (Sorcerer/Vampire), when he is banished to the "Realm of Darkness" by his brother Kaegan for doing something unforgivable to him and the village.
    Kaegan regrettably erases Daerick from history, leaving only the monster he has become.

Kaegan becomes known as the most powerful sorcerer to have ever lived, although he's over 500 years old, he still has the appearance of a Teenager/Young Adult. He as domain over this "Realm of Magic" and yeah everyone comes to him for Magic, Prophecies, Enchantments, Potions, sometimes, Curses. and this is where the the Arthurian era comes into play, He helps King Henry rule and advises him. when it comes to magic, always making sure Justice out weighs Vengeance.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    Quick question is it Stuff Pack or Game Pack??? B)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    CaveSim wrote: »
    Quick question is it Stuff Pack or Game Pack??? B)

Game Pack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Talking Familiar Cats, Owls, Phenix, Ravens & Doves.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    after watching lets play of the sims 1, I realized I really want them to bring toadification back ^^
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Powers vs. other occults.
    For example, if a vampire were to try to break in, the ability to use powers to defend.
    Sort of a vampire vs. witch duel with the outcome depending upon the levels of their respective powers.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I like those ideas mentioned so far.

Some magical/mystical music would be nice to have, Celtic music for example.. and some other kind. (If someone mentioned this already, I apologize, I missed that)
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I so hope they will deliver us an amazing pack, Witches have been our dream since day 1 and it's long overdue! With so much lore out there, there are tons of things to base research on and I am hopeful it will be one of the best game packs
  • NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    I would love it if it included more interactions with ghosts. Like summoning a ghost to haunt someone, just sending them out to people's houses to kick their garbage and break their fridge, but with the added bonus of ghosts being able to frighten someone to death. Maybe even summon a ghost to make them housemates with assigned chores. At the very least a witch should be able to lay spirits to rest.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Well, there is a pic around of a Portal gate and tomorrow there will be the official trailer! Any theories and thoughts on it? I love the runic symbols on it. Due to its look, I was thinking maybe the magical world setting is in Greece area? The columns look somewhat God-like for Zeus and such. Maybe that's what they ment by "world + surprise"? Who knows!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    All I need is magic being restricted to witches. That's my only must-have.